RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mickie DeMoss to assist GG in Austin.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTexRulz23

PostPosted: 07/13/07 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
This makes DeMoss look like a sellout, IMO. She should never get a head coaching job again, because she just can't handle it. Plus, I think she is a shitty coach.

That seems pretty harsh. DeMoss probably retired because she didn't want the pressures of being a head coach. GG gives her a call offers here a lower-stress excellent opportunity and she took it. Chill out.

PostPosted: 07/13/07 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
This makes DeMoss look like a sellout, IMO. She should never get a head coaching job again, because she just can't handle it. Plus, I think she is a shitty coach.

Tell us how you really think... Rolling Eyes

I doubt Mickie would take another head coaching position if it were offered since it seems pretty obvious that she didn't like the emotional stress.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a coach's ability but how clouded is your opinion by the fact she used to be at Tennessee?
Not many people in the coaching profession would agree with you. Demoss is highly regarded as a coach, even by your boy Geno.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 07/13/07 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UTexRulz23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:

That seems pretty harsh. DeMoss probably retired because she didn't want the pressures of being a head coach. GG gives her a call offers here a lower-stress excellent opportunity and she took it. Chill out.

Agreed. Mickie DeMoss did what was right for her and somehow, this opportunity fell in her lap. GG was smart to go after her and you can't blame her for wanting to be part of a top program if it's in her blood. I think people should lay off.

Kelli

PostPosted: 07/13/07 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tennis2 wrote:

the first thing I saw when someone posted part of the contract above was the word "intent"..................

The other thing that I noticed was "direct competition."

Seems like until TX and KY play each other or go after the same recruit, there is no direct competition.

PostPosted: 07/13/07 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Don't you ever have anything positive to say?

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
tennis2

PostPosted: 07/14/07 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
tennis2 wrote:

the first thing I saw when someone posted part of the contract above was the word "intent"..................

The other thing that I noticed was "direct competition."

Seems like until TX and KY play each other or go after the same recruit, there is no direct competition.

yes, I wondered about that, too, but I think that term has been and is in many contracts and that it probably has a legal definition.............whereas, the intent clause just seemed strange to me.............though I believe whoever was looking out for the coach did her justice by adding that term..................intent is going to be difficult to prove.............................unless she did talk to people prior to leaving her job or right after............told people she was looking that sort of thing ........and then those people would come out with that info

but not knowing anything about coaching contracts, the intent clause may be very common............I was just kind of assuming things that maybe i shouldn't have

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: