RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tasha Pointer joins Rutgers staff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 06/28/07 5:48 pm    ::: Tasha Pointer joins Rutgers staff. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/06/rutgers_hires_former_star_as_w_1.html

Quote:
"We are extremely enthusiastic about the opportunity to have Tasha Pointer come home to Rutgers," Stringer said. "She bleeds Scarlet. What is significant about her return is she is the person that saw the potential of our program years ago. Tasha made the commitment to become a Scarlet Knight when no one else did. Being the leader as she as, we're not surprised."

Pointer said she always hoped for a chance to return.

"It's surreal and I can liken it to being proposed marriage," said Pointer, who holds the Rutgers' all-time assists and steals records, with 839 assists and 292 steals.

cferraro04

PostPosted: 06/28/07 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What role will Tasha have with regards to the coaching staff at Rutgers?

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/28/07 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All due respect to Tasha Pointer- and indeed, any Rutgers alumna's- passion and loyalty, but unless you're from another planet, you generally do bleed scarlet, no matter what your team is.

(Sorry. Considering my loyalties, I make the "I bleed team colors... no, really" crack a lot.)

PostPosted: 07/05/07 5:25 am    ::: Re: Tasha Pointer joins Rutgers staff. Reply Reply with quote

[quote="stever"]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/06/rutgers_hires_former_star_as_w_1.html

Quote:
" Tasha made the commitment to become a Scarlet Knight when no one else did. Being the leader as she as, we're not surprised."
quote]

Not to nit pick Vivian here (she's so pickable....)...but didn't other players make a commitment to become a Scarlet Knight when Pointer did? I don't recall her playing out there on her own....

C Viv cracks me up when she talks, she is always coming out with nonsensical stuff like this.

hate less, love more;
and all good things are yours.
Swedish Proverb
beknighted

PostPosted: 07/05/07 1:36 pm    ::: Re: Tasha Pointer joins Rutgers staff. Reply Reply with quote

[quote="AnnieM"]
stever wrote:
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/06/rutgers_hires_former_star_as_w_1.html

Quote:
" Tasha made the commitment to become a Scarlet Knight when no one else did. Being the leader as she as, we're not surprised."
quote]

Not to nit pick Vivian here (she's so pickable....)...but didn't other players make a commitment to become a Scarlet Knight when Pointer did? I don't recall her playing out there on her own....

C Viv cracks me up when she talks, she is always coming out with nonsensical stuff like this.

My recollection is that Pointer was CVS's first big recruit at Rutgers. It is a bit of hyperbole, but it's not entirely off the mark.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: