RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Cindy Blodgett new head coach at Maine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gownbago

PostPosted: 05/23/07 4:15 pm    ::: Cindy Blodgett new head coach at Maine Reply Reply with quote

nm

stever

PostPosted: 05/23/07 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://goblackbears.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/052307aac.html

Quote:
University of Maine Athletic Director Blake James announced today the hiring of Cindy Blodgett as head coach of the women's basketball program. Blodgett, who is a 1998 graduate of the University of Maine, has spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach at Brown University. She is the tenth head coach in the history of the program.

"This is a great day for the state of Maine. We are excited to have Cindy return to the University of Maine as our new head coach," said James. "I believe she is the perfect role model for our student-athletes as she has experienced success at all levels of basketball and excelled academically as a student at Maine. I am confident the program will continue to flourish academically and athletically under Cindy's leadership."

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 05/24/07 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am alumni for UMaine and while I was a fan while she was there I am not happy about this hire. The only positive I can find for it will be that their is a good chance she won't leave the state like McCallie and Versyp for bigger pastures. At the same point she spent a very short time at Boston University as an Assistant Coach and as an assistant at Brown for a short tenure.

To me this doesn't seem like a head coach like McCallie or Versyp. We may be a stepping stone but I liked that because it gave us quality coaches at least.

We had 4 finalists and you can see them at http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/maineblackbears.aspx?articleid=150061&zoneid=231

"Joining Blodgett on that list are University of North Carolina Asheville head coach Betsy Blose, University of California assistant Lindsay Gottlieb, and former University of Illinois associate head coach Marsha Frese."

I myself would have wanted Lindsay Gottlieb because she has connections to the East because of Richmond and to the West because of California. I probably would have taken the other two coaches before Blodgett too Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: