RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Law to Illinois
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miatamama

PostPosted: 05/11/07 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PBB3: At heart you will always be a Boiler--and I respect your loyalty. Please extend me the same courtesy--at heart I will always be an Illini. That doesn't prevent you from cheering for players of different teams if you have a personal connection to them (family, friends, etc) and the same is true for me--I have personal connections to Boiler players and families and will always cheer for them. But time will pass and they will finish their Boiler days. While they're still on the court I will cheer for them.

Again, hurray for anyone's loyalty to the team they love. But for me, again, I am an Illini at heart and I have never been deceptive about my roots. I cheer for individual players of other teams, BUT I will always cheer for the ILLINI TEAM. So I accept your Boo-hiss with pride.

Again, Ms. Law is a welcome addition. I truly believe she can bring great success to UIUC. It's about time.[/b]

PostPosted: 05/12/07 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's certainly not lacking in confidence at least. Laughing

She's promising conference titles and a national title.

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2007/05/10/712569-law-promises-a-national-title-for-illini
bullsky

PostPosted: 05/12/07 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Law has NCAA title aspirations for Illinois
Quote:
"My philosophy is, you have to recruit," Law said. "You have to develop relationships. I have relationships in Chicago, and I have relationships in the state of Illinois. Why not the University of Illinois?"

This is truly a new era.

PostPosted: 05/14/07 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am SOOO late to this party.

Congrats to Jo. I now have a second college team to cheer for, even if I don't know jack about 'em Wink

GO ILLINI!

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/14/07 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
I am SOOO late to this party.

Congrats to Jo. I now have a second college team to cheer for, even if I don't know jack about 'em Wink

GO ILLINI!

Yay! A new Illini fan! Welcome to the OrangeKrush Express TP! Cool

PostPosted: 05/14/07 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am from St. Louis, Missouri, but I am an Illini fan in men's basketball.

I went to Indiana University, but my allegiance remained with the Illini.

College of attendance does not necessary preclude someone's allegiance in athletics. It's absurd to chastise anyone for choosing to support a school other than their own, especially when they have an allegiance to a program.

Just because you go to school somewhere, doesn't mean you have to identify with the program.

Sorry, but I don't particularly identify with Kelvin Sampson, and while I was hoping a coach was brought in to lift my spirit for the Hoosiers, that didn't happen. Even if I grew an appreciation for IU, the Illini were always going to be my team.

PostPosted: 05/14/07 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Off Topic:

Every time I see the words Law and Illinois in the same sentence, I always think of the most useful anti-drunk driving campaign slogan in history, that I saw in Illinois a few years back:

"Drive Hammered, Get Nailed."

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/14/07 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
Sorry, but I don't particularly identify with Kelvin Sampson

Good choice! Smile

Actually, with Grentz gone, I expect more support for the Illinois Women's team. I know Mirage has to be happy. I am. You must be. Hell, everyone should be. This is a great hire. I think it will impact our program tremendously.

PostPosted: 05/15/07 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I loved Jo's energy from the news conference. I bet you that she will clamp down on the Illinois high schools and build solid relationships there. I'm sure that as soon as she gets settled, she is going to start circling to see if she can nab some top recruits from the '08 class.

This next season will be great with all these new and up-and-coming coaches making their move.

Mirage32

PostPosted: 05/16/07 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am happy!!! Now all we need to do is get games moved back to Huff Hall and all will be good in Chambana.

This change is a long time coming. But this year while watching the Illinois High School AA championship game, seeing players from the two final teams signed to Michigan St., Notre Dame, Ohio St. and Purdue, and NONE to Illinois, was the final straw.

Thank you Ron Guenther for a great hire.

I guess I'll change my post message now.

PostPosted: 05/21/07 8:34 am    ::: Story on Illini's new coach Reply Reply with quote

Thought you all would enjoy this nice story on U of Ill's new coach.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/beatwriters.asp?column=babcockmcgraw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: