RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Question for BeKnighted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 05/08/07 8:04 pm    ::: Question for BeKnighted Reply Reply with quote

Do you know what jobs Jolette Law has interviewed for? Rumor has that she will be named the head coach of Illinois tomorrow. But that's just a rumor.

PostPosted: 05/08/07 8:32 pm    ::: Re: Question for BeKnighted Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Do you know what jobs Jolette Law has interviewed for? Rumor has that she will be named the head coach of Illinois tomorrow. But that's just a rumor.

The only one I know about is Charlotte, but there could have been others.

Law played and coached for Stringer at Iowa, so I could imagine she'd be at home in the Big Ten.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/08/07 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is she a good recruiter? Has she recruited any highly regarded players from Illinois?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 05/09/07 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Is she a good recruiter? Has she recruited any highly regarded players from Illinois?

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid it's going to be thanks for nothing, since I don't know. Of course, RU has recruited some pretty good players from Illinois (you may recall a certain guard from Chicago, among others), but I don't know how much Law has to do with recruiting. The supposed recruiting whiz at RU is Carlene Mitchell, but I'm just not very good at keeping up with the recruiting stuff.

bbsamjj

PostPosted: 05/09/07 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jolette Law is an excellent recruiter, and was RU's recruiting coordinator before she was promoted to associate head coach. CVS has said for a while now that Jolette is ready to step in and run a top 25 program.

And while I don't know how much she specifically recruited them, RU has had some good success in the midwest:
Tasha Pointer
Linda Miles
Mauri Horton
Cappie Pondexter
Tudy Reed (has since transferred)
Myia McCurdy
DeeDee Jernigan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: