RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Candace Parker engaged
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 05/07/07 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
You have yet to show me my alleged "hypocrisy". Yet, I've posted several times that I haven't got one problem with anyone calling any player unattractive when it's an accurate description. My whole point was how would DL know if these players were ugly or not. He's only seen them on the court in what most would believe, a less than flattering presentation. You've continued to, in typical fashion, ignore that point. How convenient for you, I guess. I even mentioned at the beginning of another Parker thread that I believed Candace had a hairy forehead. Yeah, that sounds like someone who has a problem with people saying negative things about female player's looks.

Can you not read your own words? You just complained about people making fun of the looks of female basketball players.

This is what also irritates me to no end. People make comments all of the time about how women's basketball players are supposedly so unattractive. They base this on seeing them during games without makeup, without jewelry, with their hair pulled back not for style but for functionality and while wearing baggy jerseys.

Then you post this:

Of course, if they inherit daddy's forehead, they'll just be freaks.

You sit there and complain about people making comments about female player's looks, and you do the same. How freaking hard is that to understand??? You can't see the hypocrisy? Don't bitch about other people's behavior when you engage in it. Until you learn to read, maybe you should stop posting. Rolling Eyes

Again, where exactly did I directly say people shouldn't talk about female player's looks? Please show me that. I did directly say that it irritates me that they make comments while seeing ladies at their least flattering moment. That's the only thing that I said irritated me, the ONLY thing. My one and only complaint, which is pretty obvious in everything you've chosen to quote from me and even more obvious in the things you've once again conveniently omitted, is that people make such comments after seeing these women basically at their "worst". It's unfair imo. It's like calling a woman ugly while only seeing her in her "first thing in the morning" look. That's actually a part of what I wrote the very first time, and something you somehow left out of your repost. I wonder why.

I've actually come to expect that, so I guess I shouldn't be shocked. It's what you do best "call out" police. And actually, I should "call you out" for taking something I wrote out of context, twisting it's clear meaning to fit some claim you made about it initially. Then, you proceed to tell me when I should post. Rolling Eyes

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it irritates you, yet you engage in the SAME BEHAVIOR. Amazing how you keep dancing around that...then again, I shouldn't expect any different from you. Rolling Eyes

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
So it irritates you, yet you engage in the SAME BEHAVIOR. Amazing how you keep dancing around that...then again, I shouldn't expect any different from you. Rolling Eyes

Where's the same behavior? I've seen Shelden on the court and off of the court, sorry, but the forehead is still there. I also NEVER once called him ugly, I also NEVER once said anything was wrong with calling a spade a spade and THAT is something you continue to dance around Mr. Kettle. Rolling Eyes

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Where's the same behavior? I've seen Shelden on the court and off of the court, sorry, but the forehead is still there. I also NEVER once called him ugly, I also NEVER once said anything was wrong with calling a spade a spade and THAT is something you continue to dance around Mr. Kettle. Rolling Eyes

Are you really this dense? You criticize people for talking about players' looks, then you do the SAME DAMN THING.

You can deny it all you want, but your own words and posts betray you. Of course, you are the only who can't see that...big shock. Rolling Eyes

Whatever. If you cannot read or have any semblance of reading comprehension ability, that isn't my problem. You have to live it.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Are you really this dense? You criticize people for talking about players' looks, then you do the SAME DAMN THING.

You can deny it all you want, but your own words and posts betray you. Of course, you are the only who can't see that...big shock. Rolling Eyes

Whatever. If you cannot read or have any semblance of reading comprehension ability, that isn't my problem. You have to live it.

No Cam. I criticized people for talking about players looks when they've only seen their "looks" under the worst of conditions. In my opinion that isn't fair. You can't seem to understand that. I've stated so countless times and it's plain as day. It is you who are reading more into what I posted than is there. You've made assumptions and claims about things that I never said. And, that indeed isn't my problem either.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
No Cam. I criticized people for talking about players looks when they've only seen their "looks" under the worst of conditions. In my opinion that isn't fair.

Fair? So complaining about what others do, then doing it yourself is fair? Rolling Eyes

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
No Cam. I criticized people for talking about players looks when they've only seen their "looks" under the worst of conditions. In my opinion that isn't fair.

Fair? So complaining about what others do, then doing it yourself is fair? Rolling Eyes

But I didn't! All I ever mentioned was the fact that Shelden has a long forehead. I've seen him on the court and I've seen him looking really nice in gorgeous suits off the court. While he looks better overall off the court, it still didn't change the size of his dome. And, I NEVER called him ugly as DL did with Rutgers. It's not the same thing. I wouldn't be irritated by DL's comments if he had based his assessment off of more than, what was likely, a single encounter of the team. A single encounter in which they were "dressed down" so to speak. That to me wasn't a fair assessment after just one sighting of the team. If they were a well known team or had well known players like a Shelden and had likely been seen in different settings on and off the court and a personality like DL still made the same comments, I wouldn't care. I might not agree, but it would be their opinion and more fair because they would have had multiple chances to see the team. That was all in my initial post.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
But I didn't! All I ever mentioned was the fact that Shelden has a long forehead. I've seen him on the court and I've seen him looking really nice in gorgeous suits off the court. While he looks better overall off the court, it still didn't change the size of his dome. And, I NEVER called him ugly as DL did with Rutgers. It's not the same thing. I wouldn't be irritated by DL's comments if he had based his assessment off of more than, what was likely, a single encounter of the team. A single encounter in which they were "dressed down" so to speak. That to me wasn't a fair assessment after just one sighting of the team. If they were a well known team or had well known players like a Shelden and had likely been seen in different settings on and off the court and a personality like DL still made the same comments, I wouldn't care. I might not agree, but it would be their opinion and more fair because they would have had multiple chances to see the team. That was all in my initial post.

And had you conveyed that in your initial post, we wouldn't have had this conversation. Thanks for the clarification.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: