RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Asst. Sides leaving LSU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/27/07 1:55 pm    ::: Asst. Sides leaving LSU Reply Reply with quote

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/featured/7222406.html

PostPosted: 04/27/07 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that's the pitts. One less reason to watch the sideslines. Sounds like she might be considering a real job (as opposed to a game). Hmm, with so many folks bailing in wcbb working there maybe not what it's cracked up to be.

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/27/07 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Something tells me the board isn't ready for the back story.

Kamala

PostPosted: 04/27/07 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:

What's the word on the street?

PostPosted: 04/27/07 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfii:"Something tells me the board isn't ready for the back story."

kamala:"What's the word on the street?"

You'll have to wait, bluewolfii hasn't made it up yet

Sass

PostPosted: 04/27/07 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
bluewolfii:"Something tells me the board isn't ready for the back story."

kamala:"What's the word on the street?"

You'll have to wait, bluewolfii hasn't made it up yet

Are you naturally that much of an asshole, or do you have to work at it?

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/27/07 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, as others have said, i'm not particularily fond of people suggesting they have information, and not sharing it -- if you can't share it, then don't lord it over us peons..

of course, blue could just be extrapolating on her take of the events in BR - so i might assume that the latest coach to leave is somehow involved in pokey gate -- perhaps "leaving" in protest at how LSU turned their back on Pokey? Or perhaps she had a arguement with Van because he refused to clarify his position on relatoinships between players and coaches.

or maybe she thinks it's a safe and stupid hire and isn't interested in hanging around for 5 years of mediocrity?

i'm just blowin' smoke here

PostPosted: 04/28/07 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smart move. Get out of Dodge; let the smoke clear; and return to the game in a couple of years. She's still young, talented and attractive - pass.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/28/07 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamala wrote:
bluewolfvii wrote:

What's the word on the street?

Check your PM.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/29/07 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sides, who was involved in all aspects of coaching and recruiting with Chatman, said her role would have been expanded under Chancellor, who also wanted her to serve as the program’s recruiting coordinator.

“It was a tough decision, but I chose not to stay,” she said. “I will continue with basketball some how, some way but just not at LSU."

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/7236501.html

Sass

PostPosted: 04/29/07 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Smart move. Get out of Dodge; let the smoke clear; and return to the game in a couple of years. She's still young, talented and attractive - pass.

Attractiveness is not a quality that is necessarily sought in coaches.

If I wasn't feeling so polite today, I'd add the word "jackass," after a comma.

- Run-DMC
LTF1

PostPosted: 04/30/07 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sass:"Attractiveness is not a quality that is necessarily sought in coaches."

Judging by the attractiveness of most coaches, this is certainly true in wcbb. However, attractive people, for reasons of evolution, usually are sought out either consciously or subconsciously. PC attitudes against "lookism" or "beauty bias" can't trump nature.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/30/07 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
sass:"Attractiveness is not a quality that is necessarily sought in coaches."

Judging by the attractiveness of most coaches, this is certainly true in wcbb. However, attractive people, for reasons of evolution, usually are sought out either consciously or subconsciously. PC attitudes against "lookism" or "beauty bias" can't trump nature.

Ah, the true colors come out. Go ahead and keep talking. Being a sexist ass is nothing to be proud of, by the way.

- Run-DMC
LTF1

PostPosted: 04/30/07 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sass:"Ah, the true colors come out. Go ahead and keep talking. Being a sexist ass is nothing to be proud of, by the way."

I haven't hid anything. Certainly people who know me from the old ESPN hidden board know that I have my opinions re "eye candy". I have also here mentioned several times that I thought Christie Sides is a babe. And guess what else? I think that some people--men and women--are more attractive than other people (how is that sexist?). Now, I do not claim that my views are universal: I usually prefer brunette females, over 5' but under 6' tall, and relative to height no less than 105 pounds, no more than 175, brown eyes, pale with pink cheeks, round face, with bodily curves in the usually desired places (think Minoan snake or Hindi fertility goddesses) . And a foreign accent helps, esp French. And I like someone neither significantly more educated or less educated than I am.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/30/07 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
sass:"Ah, the true colors come out. Go ahead and keep talking. Being a sexist ass is nothing to be proud of, by the way."

I haven't hid anything. Certainly people who know me from the old ESPN hidden board know that I have my opinions re "eye candy". I have also here mentioned several times that I thought Christie Sides is a babe. And guess what else? I think that some people--men and women--are more attractive than other people (how is that sexist?). Now, I do not claim that my views are universal: I usually prefer brunette females, over 5' but under 6' tall, and relative to height no less than 105 pounds, no more than 175, brown eyes, pale with pink cheeks, round face, with bodily curves in the usually desired places (think Minoan snake or Hindi fertility goddesses) . And a foreign accent helps, esp French. And I like someone neither significantly more educated or less educated than I am.

This ain't the craigslist personals, muthafucka.

- Run-DMC
LTF1

PostPosted: 04/30/07 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sass:"This ain't the craigslist personals, m*********."

No, but within one will find my lovely Belgian wife. Very Happy

And yet another member of the board, who, out of arguments, resorts to vulgar language.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/30/07 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
And yet another member of the board, who, out of arguments, resorts to vulgar language.

LTF, if I may, I believe you misread the role of vulgar language in society these days. Unfortunately, some of those words are common place language in places they weren't, like my office for example. In fact, dealing with Euros all day, most of them swear more than we do.

So do not confuse use of what has become a very common adjective, whether right or wrong to use in that fashion, as lack of arguments or lack of knowledge on a subject.

I believe women's hoops in particular has more than adequately shown you that your statement is misinformation.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/30/07 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
sass:"This ain't the craigslist personals, m*********."

No, but within one will find my lovely Belgian wife. Very Happy

Wow. You take stupid to a whole 'notha level.

- Run-DMC
LTF1

PostPosted: 04/30/07 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms:"LTF, if I may, I believe you misread the role of vulgar language in society these days. Unfortunately, some of those words are common place language in places they weren't, like my office for example"

sass:"This ain't the craigslist personals, m******."

sass' use of language was not incidental vulgarity. The person called me "m******." This is a person who I do not know and made that vulgar response to me. If people talk like that (even Europeans--and I am married to one, and she doesn't talk like that, nor do any members of her family, or her friends) in your office, I am glad that I don't work there. My co-workers certainly do not talk that way to one another UNLESS they are friends who know ea other well and it is obvious the vulgarity is a joke.

sass just posted that I "take stupid to a whole [a]noth[er] level". I don't consider such language from someone I don't know to be humorous.

dtsnms:"I believe women's hoops in particular has more than adequately shown you that your statement is misinformation."

I disagree. I think people use the language because they think it is cool, have nothing else to say, or because they are inconsiderate. You yourself said that "Unfortunately, some of those words are common place language in places they weren't"... Unfortunately? Meaning you are not exactly pleased with such language yourself. Neither am I, but intend on pointing such rudeness when people insist on being rude (which they are because most everyone here knows how I feel about it)

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/30/07 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeez, who needs Imus when the level of discussion is so high on boards devoted to women's sports.

Then again, muthafucka is so much classier than nappy headed hos. Sign up for next year's "Charm School".

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 05/01/07 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this the same LTF whose counsel to others was not to be so emotional over words?

LTF1

PostPosted: 05/01/07 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewovii:"Is this the same LTF whose counsel to others was not to be so emotional over words?'

It's not that I am terribly emotional "over words", I just find that they are certainly rude, but more importantly they reveal a lot about those who use them. I don't think anyone should lose their job or be banned from a board for using vulgar or profane language, even when directed at individuals. As I noted in another post, Imus' comments revealed a great deal about Imus while they revealed nothing about Rutgers' team.

What I find interesting is that some who were appalled by Imus' insulting language and wanted him fired for it, defend such language here. I am at least consistent: I don't like vulgar or profane language and encourage people not to use it--be it Imus, sass, or womenshoops, but again, I wouldn't fire or ban anyone for it.

In any case, what started this exchange was that sass called me "a sexist a**", and I responded "I think that some people--men and women--are more attractive than other people (how is that sexist?)." I did not get an argument in return but instead got called a "m*******". Now it seems reasonable to me to assume that sass lacked a legitimate answer to my question, and instead chose to call me a name. Now, it may be sass simply didn't want to answer the question, but considering sass accused me of sexism I think my question was worthy a real response instead of a vulgarity.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 05/01/07 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
What I find interesting is that some who were appalled by Imus' insulting language and wanted him fired for it, defend such language here. I am at least consistent.

It is, at best, a fatuous consistency.

Racist language is different from vulgarity. Calling someone a n-word is worse than calling someone an asshole.

Not all insults are created equal.

And incidentally, what is the point of the asterisks? When you type out "a**" in a context where everyone knows you mean "ass," why not just type "ass"? Is that like an internet fig leaf? A visual representation of sotto voce typing? Would my vulgarity be less offensive if I threw in an asterisk occasionally?

Like "shut your f*cking face, you fucki*g cock*ucker."

Is that better?

Last edited by womens_hoops on 05/01/07 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Sass

PostPosted: 05/01/07 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
LTF1 wrote:
What I find interesting is that some who were appalled by Imus' insulting language and wanted him fired for it, defend such language here. I am at least consistent.

It is, at best, a fatuous consistency.

Racist language is different from vulgarity. Calling someone a n-word is worse than calling someone an asshole.

Not all insults are created equal.

And incidentally, what is the point of the asterisks? When you type out "a**" in a context where everyone knows you mean "ass," why not just type "ass"? Is that like a internet fig leaf? A visual representation of sotto voce typing?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen.

- Run-DMC
shizanna

PostPosted: 05/01/07 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Is this the same LTF whose counsel to others was not to be so emotional over words?

Passive aggressive much, huh?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: