RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Vera Jones leaving Indiana.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 04/22/07 8:10 am    ::: Vera Jones leaving Indiana. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/stories/042107aac.html

Quote:
"Sometimes in life we are faced with unexpected personal challenges that we have no choice but to step up, be strong, and take on new responsibilities," Jones said. "I have come to this kind of crossroad and thus must resign my position as an assistant coach with our women's basketball program. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, so I give thanks for today and for the truly great memories of my special year as a proud Hoosier. I wish Coach Jack, our awesome staff, the Indiana University family, and especially the fine young women that work hard to represent this great university all the blessings of joy and success for years to come."
Sad

BBFan23

PostPosted: 04/22/07 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After her time at UD... I was expecting this at IU. She could not devote her full attention to coaching so it was best for both sides to step away. I hope all is well for her... as her statement sounds like there might be some sort of health problem she is dealing with at this time.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/22/07 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us,
that's a scary phrase -- considering health implications.. I hope she and/or her son are ok.

PostPosted: 04/23/07 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That phrasing does sound like a health issue; I hope that is NOT the case. I loved Sweet V as a broadcaster - would love her to come back to it.

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 04/23/07 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It does sound ominous. I too hope that health is not the issue and wish her good things for her future.

PostPosted: 04/23/07 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vera was at Indiana? Confused

Didn't know that.

I wish her only the best in the future, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: