RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Drama continues: Gov Corzine involved in a
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:43 pm    ::: Drama continues: Gov Corzine involved in a Reply Reply with quote

car accident. Luckily he and the state trooper with him are ok -- tho badly hurt.

Run off the road... on their way to meet with Imus and RU at the Gov's mansion???

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/13/nyregion/13corzine.html?hp

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait, why was he heading there in the first place? I was under the impression this was supposed to be Imus, the team, and the reverend as moderator. Was he just gonna play host and offer finger foods?

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CAN'T make this shit up, could we?

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love that this "private" meeting had reporters and helicopters all over it...

conspiracy theorists are looking for the pick up that was.... RED

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I'm confused (as is often the case). Is/was the GOVERNOR of NJ really going to be there? WHY? This is a joke, right, please, this is a joke.

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you can always click on the link and read the story... it might answer your questions...

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
Okay, I'm confused (as is often the case). Is/was the GOVERNOR of NJ really going to be there? WHY? This is a joke, right, please, this is a joke.

Apparently the governor's mansion was the site, so I guess it behooved him to be there as host. I'd be weirded out by having a bunch of strange people in my house without my presence.

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heard on the news that the governor was sitting in the front seat but NOT wearing his seatbelt ... umm, isn't that against the law in the Garden State? The news said he usually doesn't wear a seat belt.

(Not sure about the law... I'm one of the five people in NJ who doesn't drive.)

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Apparently the governor's mansion was the site, so I guess it behooved him to be there as host. I'd be weirded out by having a bunch of strange people in my house without my presence.

It's not really Corzine's house - it's an official residence (called Drumthwacket, as I recall).

Anyway, CNN says there will be a press conference by RU imminently. Apparently the meeting ran 2-1/2 hours and ended around 10:30, then the team huddled for a while.

LTF1

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a circus

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
CallTheDoctor

PostPosted: 04/12/07 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Most recent NJ governors have lived in the mansion only part time; they have private residences elsewhere. Corzine lives in a condo on waterfront at least part time, I believe. The govs. use the mansion for entertaining, though.

Oh, and the name of the NJ governor's mansion? ... "Drumthwacket." (maybe that's why they don't want to live there full time)

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/12/07 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CNN was wrong about the press conference - no statement tonight.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/12/07 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone sent out a text message. "Intense. Very intense."

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/12/07 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Someone sent out a text message. "Intense. Very intense."

Hard to imagine it could have been otherwise. They met for 2-1/2 hours.

eclair

PostPosted: 04/12/07 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, a circus that that certainly points up how melodramatic WBB fans are, how loquacious C Viv Stringer is, and how the Rutgers women are overplaying the martyr bit.

Go on. Say it. You know you want to. If someone is seriously injured or killed in this accident, it's all the RebKell member's fault because our level of intelligence and reason is clearly below your superior standards.

That is where you were going, wasn't it? The whole day feels as if it's been pointing that direction.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/12/07 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CAN'T make this shit up, could we?

I think that's the reason I don't see too many movies. Real life is better.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
CallTheDoctor

PostPosted: 04/13/07 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just saw on CNN (recorded earlier) ... Republican senator Tom DeLay weighing in on the Imus firing... WTF?!

What next, the Imus/Rutgers issue being debated in Congress? Discussed during next year's presidential debates?

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/13/07 1:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CallTheDoctor wrote:
Heard on the news that the governor was sitting in the front seat but NOT wearing his seatbelt ... umm, isn't that against the law in the Garden State? The news said he usually doesn't wear a seat belt.

(Not sure about the law... I'm one of the five people in NJ who doesn't drive.)

In the article it's mentioned he doesn't usually wear his seat belt and that jumped out at me when I read that. I wondered about the law for it and the smartness of that move but I suppose it is his choice. Regardless it is unfortunate he was injured whether he had on his seat belt or not...

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/13/07 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, a circus that that certainly points up how melodramatic WBB fans are, how loquacious C Viv Stringer is, and how the Rutgers women are overplaying the martyr bit.

i hadn't considered your first (mocked) point, but you may have something there. however, most of the outrage has come from people who know little or nothing about WCB. the whole thing was started by someone who knows nothing about WCB.

you certainly nailed the other two.

PostPosted: 04/13/07 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CallTheDoctor wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Most recent NJ governors have lived in the mansion only part time; they have private residences elsewhere. Corzine lives in a condo on waterfront at least part time, I believe. The govs. use the mansion for entertaining, though.

Oh, and the name of the NJ governor's mansion? ... "Drumthwacket." (maybe that's why they don't want to live there full time)

Unless someone can tell me eloquently why I should not do so, when I am governor of New Jersey, I will change the name of the mansion from Drumthwacket to "something else." Drumthwacket, indeed. Actually, when I am governor of NJ (don't hold your breath) the mansion will not have a name. It will be just "the governor's mansion."

I am sick of Imus/Rutgers/the whole schmear and trying to figure out what else there will be to talk about until the next basketball season. Well, after all the coaching changes and recruits jumping ship and stuff like that. Drumthwacket, I say! Drumthwacket!!! Very Happy Oh, and the guv should have been wearing a seatbelt! Silly twit!

Last edited by lola528 on 04/13/07 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/13/07 5:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i was half-asleep last night when i heard the reporter outside of drumthwhacke say, in her summation of the "hurt" suffered by RU, that the team said their moment of joy (or some such shit)- "they won the conference"- was ruined by imus.

lol.

i guess imus really IS powerful. apparently he has even sullied RU's BEast tournament win.

PostPosted: 04/14/07 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Corzine Facing Severe Hurdles in Intensive Care

But medical experts cautioned that Mr. Corzine still faced considerable hurdles and even life-threatening complications in the days ahead, including the possibility of pneumonia and infection. He remained in critical condition and heavily sedated, and doctors said that he is to undergo more operations, one on Saturday and another on Monday.

Mr. Corzine’s condition, and his difficult prognosis, clearly drained two of his three adult children, Jeffrey and Jennifer Corzine, who appeared at a news conference on Friday morning at Cooper University Hospital.

They said they were heartened by the support pouring in from throughout the state and nation. But they also departed from a written statement that had aimed for a more optimistic tone, with words like “encouraged” tucked into the text, and instead offered a far more raw and measured response.

“We got a really good vibe today,” said Ms. Corzine, 36, who lives in Manhattan, and spent Thursday night at a hotel near the hospital. “He’s a fighter,” she added, her voice breaking and fighting back tears. “I think he’s going to be O.K.”

Governor in Trouble

PostPosted: 04/14/07 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Mr. Corzine still faced considerable hurdles and even life-threatening complications in the days ahead, including the possibility of pneumonia and infection. He remained in critical condition and heavily sedated

Makes me that much more sick of this whole mess. Imus is an absolute moron and must be held accountable for what he said and some of the quotes by the players have been very melodramatic. MOVE ON, EVERYONE!

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/14/07 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you really want "can't make this stuff up" trivia here, Corzine is the third New Jersey Governor in a row to break his femur. Whitman broke hers skiing and McGreevey broke his on the beach at Cape May.

Although there definitely is the potential for complications, it appears that the word on Corzine's prognosis and ultimate full recovery is pretty good.

But, gee, how come such a smart guy wasn't wearing his seat belt?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/14/07 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
But, gee, how come such a smart guy wasn't wearing his seat belt?

He's not legally required to in NJ unless he's in the front seat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: