RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Penn State job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paigeme

PostPosted: 04/12/07 7:38 pm    ::: Penn State job Reply Reply with quote

Any idea who will land this position? I've recently read rumours that it will be Chris Dailey, which was a little shocking as I couldn't imagine her anywhere but Connecticut.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/12/07 7:51 pm    ::: Re: Penn State job Reply Reply with quote

paigeme wrote:
Any idea who will land this position? I've recently read rumours that it will be Chris Dailey, which was a little shocking as I couldn't imagine her anywhere but Connecticut.

Well, it won't be Suzie McConnell-Serio.

The Chris Dailey story is based on statements that Geno called Penn State to recommend her. IIRC, though, the job description says that five years of head coaching experience is required, so I'm not sure how they'd finesse that with CD. I do think it would make a ton of sense for them to hire her if she were interested.

PSUAlum

PostPosted: 04/12/07 8:23 pm    ::: Job description Reply Reply with quote

Work Unit: Intercollegiate Athletics
Department: Women's Basketball
Job Number: 24755

The Pennsylvania State University, an NCAA Division I program and a member of the Big Ten Conference, is seeking candidates for the Head Coach, Women’s Basketball. Responsibilities include the organization and administration of all facets for a successful women’s basketball program including recruitment of qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success. Ability to relate to student-athletes, compliance with NCAA, Big Ten and Penn State rules and regulations. Scheduling; practice; conditioning; scouting; budget management; fundraising; promotions; organizing and directing camps and clinics. Administration and supervision of Assistant Coaches. Other duties as assigned by Athletic Director. Requires Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent, plus five years of successful college coaching experience. Must have demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Penn State offers an excellent benefits package. Job will remain open until a successful candidate is identified.

I thought it was 5 years HEAD coaching experience too, but I looked it up and it is just college experience.

BTW, no snickering about the ability to work with a diverse population -- a similar clause is in most if not all athletic administration positions.

ode88

PostPosted: 04/12/07 8:30 pm    ::: Re: Job description Reply Reply with quote

PSUAlum wrote:
Work Unit: Intercollegiate Athletics
Department: Women's Basketball
Job Number: 24755

The Pennsylvania State University, an NCAA Division I program and a member of the Big Ten Conference, is seeking candidates for the Head Coach, Women’s Basketball. Responsibilities include the organization and administration of all facets for a successful women’s basketball program including recruitment of qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success. Ability to relate to student-athletes, compliance with NCAA, Big Ten and Penn State rules and regulations. Scheduling; practice; conditioning; scouting; budget management; fundraising; promotions; organizing and directing camps and clinics. Administration and supervision of Assistant Coaches. Other duties as assigned by Athletic Director. Requires Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent, plus five years of successful college coaching experience. Must have demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Penn State offers an excellent benefits package. Job will remain open until a successful candidate is identified.

I thought it was 5 years HEAD coaching experience too, but I looked it up and it is just college experience.

BTW, no snickering about the ability to work with a diverse population -- a similar clause is in most if not all athletic administration positions.

From what I hear there should be a clause about specific gender wanted.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/12/07 8:32 pm    ::: Re: Job description Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. I don't think there's any doubt that Chris Dailey meets the requirement for successful college coaching experience. Again, I think she'd be a good hire. She'd also be a good hire for Duke, come to think of it. (Actually, that could lead to a funny situation when RU goes to Duke next year, but never mind.)

PSUAlum

PostPosted: 04/12/07 8:48 pm    ::: Re: Job description Reply Reply with quote

From what I hear there should be a clause about specific gender wanted.[/quote]

Huh????[/quote]

lola528

PostPosted: 04/13/07 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somebody over at the Penn State board says they have hired Brian Giorgis (if I spelled it correctly)...the guy from Marist. If so, there will probably be an announcement today, wouldn't you think?

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/13/07 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lola528 wrote:
Somebody over at the Penn State board says they have hired Brian Giorgis (if I spelled it correctly)...the guy from Marist. If so, there will probably be an announcement today, wouldn't you think?

The Boneyard has it that it has come down to Chris Dailey or Joe McKeown (GW).

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/13/07 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the Marist coach has been tossed into the ring over at the 'yard, too...

who the heck knows! Smile

PostPosted: 04/13/07 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:

the 'yard????

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/13/07 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

j11hoops wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

the 'yard????

Short for Boneyard, a scary place full of UConn fans.

PostPosted: 04/13/07 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Short for Boneyard, a scary place full of UConn fans.

EDIT: Short for Boneyard, a scary place full of some scary UConn fans. Wink

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/13/07 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
lola528 wrote:

The Boneyard has it that it has come down to Chris Dailey or Joe McKeown (GW).

All of those would be great hires. But who really knows is exactly right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: