RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WHY HASN'T CTHSKZF BEEN BANNED FROM THIS SITE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frogdog

PostPosted: 04/10/07 9:30 pm    ::: WHY HASN'T CTHSKZF BEEN BANNED FROM THIS SITE Reply Reply with quote

His remarks are harmful degrading hurtful. He has called the RU women's basketball team Ho's
Where is the administrations respect for these young women?
Why do you permit this on your board?

KatValeska

PostPosted: 04/10/07 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First and foremost because most of us don't want that kinda nannying on this forum.

Second, because those of us who have known CTH for years understand that while it takes some time to figure out where he is actually coming from - my original impression was Satan online - we come to learn that not only does he actually have a good heart and a sharp mind, he is also one of the higher Quality wcbb posters here.

Third - why are you so afraid of words frogdog?

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

we don't ban people here.

except for once. and he was a class of one.

(sigh... i could go for some good fongish love right now...)

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:

except for once. and he was a class of one.

(sigh... i could go for some good fongish love right now...)

Then go read Admiral_Needa_Shag. More funny, less bullshit.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you don't like CTH's posts, don't read them. I happen to find him very humorous and entertaining.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:

The downside to that policy is Kilzer...

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
womens_hoops wrote:

The downside to that policy is Kilzer...

Let's be ecumenical here. The downside to that policy is a large swath of the Comet wank, not just NK. It takes two to make a thread go wanky. Personally, there are about four people in front of him in my imaginary banhammer queue.

Actually, though, I think we've had several bans, albeit some temporary. Isn't there that one guy who's been here under three or four different aliases, acted relatively rational for a while, then burst out with something mind-numbingly stupid? And hasn't TripleH/Copernicus received a couple of temporary bans?

For the record, I think cth only quoted Imus with any use of the word "ho". "Harlot", on the other hand...

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

needa_shag is funny, but you can't adequately capture the real thing. it is too rich, too complicated, too absurd to be replicated.

oh, you're right, queenie, that weird dude from seattle with the memorabilia scams? yeah, that guy was just plain crazy.

i thought "harlot" meant something like "princess." weird.

anyway, my favorites are the self-imposed bans. especially the ones who say "i'm never posting here again," and then show up two days later.

who's kilzer?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't agree with Ryan's ban to this day, but what are you gonna do, ultimately the bickering was too much for Reb to handle.
The Seattle guy isn't completely gone, he's still posting under the moniker bigd22, mainly to disagree with the rest of us on the NBA board.

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

The Seattle guy isn't completely gone, he's still posting under the moniker bigd22, mainly to disagree with the rest of us on the NBA board.

I thought that particular brand of unpleasantness seemed familiar.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/10/07 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Banning people would alter the peculiar charm of RebKell.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/10/07 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I don't agree with Ryan's ban to this day, but what are you gonna do, ultimately the bickering was too much for Reb to handle.

I hadn't seen the Seattle guy around in a while; thought Reb laid the smackdown... again. I just wish the guy would stay on his meds long enough to work out card trades.

w_h: nope, definitely a word for prostitute, sometimes used specifically to refer to a temple prostitute (which might offend a Rutgers player more than being a ho; Rutgers-Temple *is* a rather fiery local rivalry Wink)

PostPosted: 04/10/07 11:57 pm    ::: Re: WHY HASN'T CTHSKZF BEEN BANNED FROM THIS SITE Reply Reply with quote

frogdog wrote:
His remarks are harmful degrading hurtful. He has called the RU women's basketball team Ho's

I have fought the good fight with Cth-the long and short of it is he likes to Keep things stirred up. His mantra when you Meet him in person is "Dont take things so seriously". Once I "got it" I've found him to be creative and free spirited.

My suggestion for those who find their blood pressure rising following one of his "zingers": take a deep breath, take a double of whatever loosens you up, then re-read his post looking for the "tongue in cheek" that's usually cleverly hidden in his text.

His been outed on more than one occasion as a bighearted (if slightly twisted) yet no B.S. kind of guy. Big thanks to Huskiemaniac for setting me straight on Cth. He and I share a major bond as survivors of the Big "C".

~rAf

~rAf
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 04/11/07 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As someone who has been reading his posts for years, but never had any direct disputes or stake in most of his arguments, I must say it took some time to understand, but once I did, I found him to be one of my favorite posters. I made that realization sometime back before the ESPN board went to complete shit.

PostPosted: 04/11/07 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorta like the fans of Imus do?

jess wunderin'

PostPosted: 04/11/07 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:

jess wunderin'

Equating Cth with Imus is ludicrous. There is NO similarity. Cth is much more clever.

Many of us who know about Matee Ajavon's mean-spirited and filthy outbursts directed at her opponents have searched for ways to respond to Imus latest foulness directed at the Rutgers players. Let's just say that Mateo and Essence are polar opposites.

Essence Carson = epitome of class
Mate Ajavon = lack thereof

Geno Auriemma deserves a special award for refraining from publicizing Matee's extremely poor choice of words on the court.

While it's easy to see all the ways Imus was so, so wrong. But if Imus is sentenced to special training to improve his respect for other humans, Mateo should attend as well.

~rAf

~rAf
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/11/07 6:39 am    ::: Re: WHY HASN'T CTHSKZF BEEN BANNED FROM THIS SITE Reply Reply with quote

frogdog wrote:

i don't remember calling them hos. maybe you mistook my quotation of pilight's post, in which he called them hos, as mine?

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/11/07 6:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i think he was referring to the time you called them princesses.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/11/07 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I don't agree with Ryan's ban to this day...

if you miss him, all you have to do is close your eyes and say "fonger come home" three times. He will appear.

It's magic.

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/11/07 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

jess wunderin'

Equating Cth with Imus is ludicrous. There is NO similarity. Cth is much more clever.

I'll second that, not that cth needs me to defend him.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 04/11/07 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't be too hasty to try to ban cth. If LTF1 gets too strident, we're gonna need him. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/11/07 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
I don't agree with Ryan's ban to this day...

if you miss him, all you have to do is close your eyes and say "fonger come home" three times. He will appear.

It's magic.

I just think we need color and emoticons and double-entendre in our lives to make it worthwhile.
The Yellow River will dry out and then you'll blame the Global Warming. The nerve of some people...

PostPosted: 04/11/07 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bbj:"Don't be too hasty to try to ban cth. If LTF1 gets too strident, we're gonna need him."

Actually on what I consider social issues, CTh and I have always tended to agree (note my agreement to his post on prostitution)

Where CTh and I have disagreed largely is on party politics and power. I find he sees conspiracy everywhere whereas I wouldn't recognize a conspiracy if it hit me over the head.

In any case I am not going to post on partisan politics on this board. And I am only posting on the Imus issue because it does involve the Rutgers bb team and wcbb.

I don't look for fights. I just tend to have minority opinions when posting on a wcbb board. Opinions that for whatever reason seem to get presumably freedom loving folks way too upset (imo)

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/05/07 1:26 pm    ::: Re: WHY HASN'T CTHSKZF BEEN BANNED FROM THIS SITE Reply Reply with quote

frogdog wrote:

Ah..I've known plenty of people like CTH..

They are funny, once you get it. He's blunt, and he'll pick on everyone..an equal opportunity basher...heck, he'll even pick on his own team. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/05/07 2:56 pm    ::: Re: WHY HASN'T CTHSKZF BEEN BANNED FROM THIS SITE Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
frogdog wrote:

Ah..I've known plenty of people like CTH..

They are funny, once you get it. He's blunt, and he'll pick on everyone..an equal opportunity basher...heck, he'll even pick on his own team. Laughing

He's harder on his own team than he is on anyone else. People need to see this for what it is, a message board. I wish to be as clever as Cth one day. I have taken the crash course in posting from Cth, one of these days it will stick.....I think! Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: