RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2007 Women's National Championship: Tennessee vs. Rutgers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpark33

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jp81976 wrote:
I'm proud to say I'm one of the million media types that have asked her the question...

problem is sometimes you need to ask it to get it either on tape or just IN CASE you're the one to catch her on the day she decides, ok, i'll spill the beans...i'm coming out!

How lousy would you feel if you finally decide to not ask her, and she turns around and tells someone else, yes, i'm coming out?

jp, I hope you aren't the one to ask er again in the morning. She was pretty annoyed and let everyone know it. Smile

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

We're looking at the same thing here. Brrr! I was just getting used to wearing shorts and a t-shirt again...Oh well, I'll just put on my Lady Vols sweatshirt!

The greatest thing of all, is if you go to the National Weather Service site for where I live, I'm under a severe thunderstorm warning right now. The color of that on the map is orange. Hilarious.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not unexpectedly, the Rutgers locker room is like a funeral parlor. i had to leave before i started crying with those girls. poor things. CVS said they must have woken up and figured out how important this game really was and they got the "deer in the headlights" syndrome...(paraphrasing a bit here).

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

We're looking at the same thing here. Brrr! I was just getting used to wearing shorts and a t-shirt again...Oh well, I'll just put on my Lady Vols sweatshirt!

The greatest thing of all, is if you go to the National Weather Service site for where I live, I'm under a severe thunderstorm warning right now. The color of that on the map is orange. Hilarious.

That's because God is a Lady Vols fan.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/03/07 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
That's because God is a Lady Vols fan.

While I don't personally believe this, I do find that post absolutely hilarious.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/03/07 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With 9 to go and Rutgers trailing by 15, C. Viv was sitting down, grimacing, shaking her head and waving her hand toward the court. WTF was that about? I have to say I was surprised, and I lost a little respect for her. Nine minutes is plenty of time to overcome a deficit; all is not lost. That's one of the many many things I respect about Summitt is she always coaches until the final buzzer sounds. She never stops coaching.

I AM SO FRIGGING HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many years to come so close and be short an element or three. This one felt good, because they really showed they were the best team.

I loves me some Bobbit. That girl has so much fire.

I also dig Parker's game face. She would be a wicked poker player.

Like bigbri, I thought it was classy the way Coach pulled everybody over to shake hands with Rutgers.

And the Knights should not be crying. They had a great season and a great tournament.

My favorite book, "Raise the Roof," ends with the Vols getting their last title in 98. I'm so very glad they've got another one now to close that loop.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
dabirdyballa10

PostPosted: 04/03/07 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my head said that tennessee was going to win but my heart wanted rutgers to win. well tennessee ended up winning. normally i would say congrats but i still dont like tennessee. i only like CP3 and sidney spencer, so congrats to them.

"Basketball is life."
bullsky

PostPosted: 04/03/07 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
not unexpectedly, the Rutgers locker room is like a funeral parlor. i had to leave before i started crying with those girls. poor things. CVS said they must have woken up and figured out how important this game really was and they got the "deer in the headlights" syndrome...(paraphrasing a bit here).

I want to give Heather Zurich the worlds largest hug right now. Sad

PostPosted: 04/03/07 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

Yeah...me, too. They played great throughout the tournament, but I can understand the disappointment. They'll be back, I think.

djshorty

PostPosted: 04/03/07 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C. Vivian Stringer and her team were incredible tonight! They played with a lot of heart. I really enjoyed watching Rutgers play in this years tournament. I am looking forward to them coming back next year.

I've got a lot of respect for Pat Summitt. She's a very good coach and has a lot of talented players on her team. When Bobbit hit those two open threes, I knew the Vols would be able to put the game away. However, Rutgers went on a mini run and were within 8 or 9 points, but the lady Vols answered every time with the offensive rebounds by Nicky.

Spencer was playing well and so was Parker!

Congratulations to the Lady Vols on winning their seventh title since 1998.

That's a tremendous accomplishment for Pat Summitt. Very Happy

"Live your dreams"
ZuG102

PostPosted: 04/04/07 4:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

omg that's so sad. Sad

Exquisite

PostPosted: 04/04/07 4:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Tennessee.Rutgers had a very good year!.

CB

PostPosted: 04/04/07 5:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Tennessee! They deserved it.

Congrats to Rutgers for overachieving and making it this far, and the future looks bright since they have no seniors on this squad.

Kia Vaughn did well for Rutgers.

Bobbitt hitting those 3's seemed to take the wind right out of Rutgers' sails. Too bad but they can still be proud.

DivAAA

PostPosted: 04/04/07 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DivAAA

PostPosted: 04/04/07 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

I saw her on the news this morning. She was crying like there was no tomorrow.

bballfan

PostPosted: 04/04/07 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Champ wallpaper. I wish that it was Rutgers wallpaper. I wanted to see Coach V win a championship.They could have won if they would have settled down and played the way they played the other games.Oh well such is life... Sad

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7319/champsmo1.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/cappie23officialfansite
DivAAA

PostPosted: 04/04/07 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass

PostPosted: 04/04/07 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shannon Bobbit is quite an inspiration. At 5'2" she lead her team to a Community College championship, was player of the year and a Kodak All-American. (http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/bobbitt_shannon00.html#00)

And only 5'2"!

I don't know which is more cool: that she came from a CC or that she's so short. She is an example of the principle that you can do whatever you set your sights on, if you believe in yourself.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 04/04/07 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
LakotaStorm wrote:
Again they ask CP if she is coming out, again she said "why wouldn't I comeback in orange, why wouldn't I?" I wish they would shut up already. She has her whole career ahead of her, and as far as I kow no real injuries, so maybe she wants another championship in college because as a number 1 pick she will get drafted by a lottery team, and it will be awhile before another championship. Wink

yeah, what a bummer that'd be. having to be picked by a lottery team with dee and cappie on it. Wink

Yea, and to leave college so she can continue to wear an orange uni. Mercs are the only team with excellent players that she might want to play with; almost every team has someone. She also might be thinking "gee with all Mercs excellent players they can't even get into the playoffs?" Wink

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: