RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2007 Women's National Championship: Tennessee vs. Rutgers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DNA Fan

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
CP3 MOP?

Okay.. Congrats LV.. NICKY ANOSIKE THE REAL MOP!!!

I must have missed something. I thought she got POTG?

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Holy crap! Did Pat stop her team from cheering at midcourt? Shocked C'mon, Pat. This ain't "business as usual". Laughing

I noticed that too! I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. Laughing

Congrats to the Lady Vols. Definitly the better team tonight. Ok, that's all I got. Razz

- Diana Taurasi
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
bigbri131014 wrote:
Who wins MOP? I say ethier Bobbit or Anosike

No way does Anosike get it. While her rebounding is a nice stat, most of the balls she's rebounded have flown right to her. Hell, I'd give Auguste the MOP before Anosike.

Good point. She did work hard but some of those balls were about her standing and catching.

DivAAA

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DNA Fan wrote:
bigbri131014 wrote:
CP3 MOP?

Both.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Leave it to Kia to clean up their mess...you go, girl.

Yeah, Kia really stepped up in the game and the guard were a mess.

I have to tell Vivian C. though that she needs to stop recruiting so many guards and start recruiting some more post players.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why Wouldnt you Candace? 1 mil over seas and Hefty Endorsements hmm nah.. If i was a parent i would want my child to look up to her Education over the money.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notice how pointedly Parker says "one more year". I guess two more is out of the question.

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DivAAA wrote:
DNA Fan wrote:
bigbri131014 wrote:
CP3 MOP?

Both.

No surprise there, but I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Razz

"Why wouldn't I (be?)" Laughing

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
Pants

PostPosted: 04/03/07 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But being put on the spot like that? How could she say she is leaving right in the middle of celebrating with her team? I don't think this story is over yet....

and there's some kind of orange in the mercury uniforms! Wink

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again they ask CP if she is coming out, again she said "why wouldn't I comeback in orange, why wouldn't I?" I wish they would shut up already. She has her whole career ahead of her, and as far as I kow no real injuries, so maybe she wants another championship in college because as a number 1 pick she will get drafted by a lottery team, and it will be awhile before another championship. Wink

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
bigbri131014 wrote:
Who wins MOP? I say ethier Bobbit or Anosike

No way does Anosike get it. While her rebounding is a nice stat, most of the balls she's rebounded have flown right to her. Hell, I'd give Auguste the MOP before Anosike.

Good point. She did work hard but some of those balls were about her standing and catching.

That's how a lot of players get rebounds Wink , but Nicky did have to get to the position to get the rebounds. Remember she usually guards 1, 2 and 3's, so she had leave the perimeter to go to the basket to get those 17 rebounds. Nicky didn't score well at all but those 11 OR's were huge imo. Cool

Last edited by Str8_Butta on 04/03/07 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
icey23

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEAUX SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm not saying that team name)

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Tennessee. They may not have been the best team in the country all season, but they were the best team when it mattered most. And that's why history will remember them as champions.

And congrats to Rutgers on their run to this game.

Game went pretty much as I predicted (although not quite as many points). Tennessee shot horribly but dominated the boards and shot far more free throws. Rutgers ran into the one team that could counteract their style of play; I think they would have been much more competitive against North Carolina.

And so ends another season. Sad Sad

scullyfu

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
Again they ask CP if she is coming out, again she said "why wouldn't I comeback in orange, why wouldn't I?" I wish they would shut up already. She has her whole career ahead of her, and as far as I kow no real injuries, so maybe she wants another championship in college because as a number 1 pick she will get drafted by a lottery team, and it will be awhile before another championship. Wink

yeah, what a bummer that'd be. having to be picked by a lottery team with dee and cappie on it. Wink

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace said she's staying at Tennessee - but the reporters ask anyway...Oden had to endure the same questions after OSU's loss to Florida.

Congratulations Lady Vols!

Finally!

It's been a while.
The last time I celebrated the Lady Vols winning the National Title, I was saying after the game, "That Catchings kid is going to be something special..."

FS02

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Tennessee, you earned it. CP was all class tonight. I couldn't stand the guy asking her AGAIN if she was coming out. I almost threw something at the TV. Sad

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
Congrats to Tennessee. They may not have been the best team in the country all season, but they were the best team when it mattered most. And that's why history will remember them as champions.

And congrats to Rutgers on their run to this game.

Game went pretty much as I predicted (although not quite as many points). Tennessee shot horribly but dominated the boards and shot far more free throws. Rutgers ran into the one team that could counteract their style of play; I think they would have been much more competitive against North Carolina.

And so ends another season. Sad Sad

Yes, another season ends and the Lady Vols reassert themselves. It was a great game on their part and they deserve all the praise they get.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is the MOP award for the Tournament or for the game. I'm pretty sure you can't deny that Parker is the MOP in the Tournament. This game wasn't her best but she did put up points and her assists and defense were solid.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Candace said she's staying at Tennessee - but the reporters ask anyway...Oden had to endure the same questions after OSU's loss to Florida.

Congratulations Lady Vols!

Finally!

It's been a while.
The last time I celebrated the Lady Vols winning the National Title, I was saying after the game, "That Catchings kid is going to be something special..."

Slovy...wow. That's hilarious, but so true.

I'm a blessed man...three national championships in 17 months. That probably won't happen to me ever again.

Congrats to Rutgers...I've got all the respect in the world for that program, the entire athletic department there for that matter. They are a fun team to watch, and I love Stringer. She's my favorite Big East Conference coach by far. They had an awesome season, though, they've got nothing to hang their heads about after tonight.

Candace was player of the game according to ESPN...that's okay, but Anosike did it all. All matters of rebounds...she was incredible. I'd have picked either her or Bobbitt, but I don't get a vote, of course.

Wow...this is awesome.

As a side note, my car has a 6 time national champions specialty tag on it. Expires at the end of the month. Maybe they'll give me a number 7 to put on it when I go register in a few weeks.

I'm happy for the players...happy I got a chance to see Sidney Spencer play, because after how I acted Sunday (see my fan blog for more on that), I don't deserve even that. Bobbitt was awesome, and just...wow.

I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling. It's awesome, I know that...and I don't normally use that word 48 times per post. I do know that if I could bottle this feeling up, I could make billions.

One interesting note: There are severe storms rolling through Tennessee right now. Here's hoping that fact is a good omen for the upcoming WNBA season! Cool

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations Jimmy!

Enjoy the storms - LOUD thunder was shaking my house earlier today. Possible snow tomorrow. Shocked

gpark33

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would you believe someone in the press conf just asked Candace again if she'll be back? She basically said, "yes, i've answered it so many times. I'll say it once more, I'm wearing orange next year."

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Congratulations Jimmy!

Enjoy the storms - LOUD thunder was shaking my house earlier today. Possible snow tomorrow. Shocked

Congrats to you, too...you are their backwards namesake, you know.

Yeah, I reported at work today that the low Saturday is predicted to be 19. Yikes.

jp81976

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't put too much stock into the player of the game award...it's just something they have to do because of the sponsorship...it's not really that well thought out who SHOULD deserve it...basically the producer and the Graphcis AP decide quick who should be it...if Candace did anything it was going to be her, believe me...

Now, on the other hand, was there really any question who the tournament MOP would be? I mean, bobbitt and anosike were good support players, but are you forgetting Candace's unreal defense? and she did drop 30 twice...and her scoring average was tempered because tennessee pretty much blew everyone out before that UNC game...and Candace really did take over that game in the last few minutes Sunday night....

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
Slovydal wrote:
Congratulations Jimmy!

Congrats to you, too...you are their backwards namesake, you know.

Yeah, I reported at work today that the low Saturday is predicted to be 19. Yikes.

We're looking at the same thing here. Brrr! I was just getting used to wearing shorts and a t-shirt again...Oh well, I'll just put on my Lady Vols sweatshirt!

jp81976

PostPosted: 04/03/07 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Would you believe someone in the press conf just asked Candace again if she'll be back? She basically said, "yes, i've answered it so many times. I'll say it once more, I'm wearing orange next year."

I'm proud to say I'm one of the million media types that have asked her the question...

problem is sometimes you need to ask it to get it either on tape or just IN CASE you're the one to catch her on the day she decides, ok, i'll spill the beans...i'm coming out!

How lousy would you feel if you finally decide to not ask her, and she turns around and tells someone else, yes, i'm coming out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: