RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Two cents on Summitt's handling of Parker
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/03/07 3:38 pm    ::: Two cents on Summitt's handling of Parker Reply Reply with quote

It seems strange for a discipline-based coach such as Summitt to be letting a player run as wild as most of y'all say Parker is. It makes me wonder if Summitt is... I don't want to say afraid, because I doubt Pat Summitt fears anything, but it's the closest word... I wonder if she fears the reprecussions of Parker's actions, both actual and potential.

For a moment, let's set aside whether Parker *has* too much attitude. Obviously, if you believe she doesn't, then the rest of this is moot. But from what I've read and the little I've seen, Parker seems to have much more and much louder swagger than any Tennessee player who didn't get her ass handed to her afterwards.

Candace Parker has more bargaining power than any WCBB player has ever had. Between the degree and the redshirt year, she has three choices of years in which to make the jump to the WNBA, all of them valid. She has the star power, ESPN's eye, name recognition among sports fans who otherwise don't know a thing about women's basketball. I think Summitt wonders about the slippery slope- you get a player leaving before four years are up, or at least while she is not listed as a senior, and that cracks the door open for players with flimsier and flimsier reasons until you get the female Malone. Summitt's devoted her life to this game, so I can't imagine that she doesn't worry about the health and future of the game in general, and not just as it pertains to Tennessee.

Not that Parker jumping doesn't pertain to Tennessee. Obviously it does. And that may also be why Summitt handles her more gingerly than she has anyone else. If Summitt exerts too much pressure, pushes Parker further than Parker wants to go, Parker can be all "Screw you guys, I'm going to the WNBA after this year". (I think that's why I've observed less discipline in men's college ball, too, this lurking threat of a talented player going pro, but that's for another forum.) Summitt doesn't want that, and not just for Tennessee and championship bling-bling. Like any good coach, she wants to make the young women who come into her charge better, stronger, and more mature people. Methinks Summitt wants Parker to stay at Tennessee as much for Parker as for Tennessee. So she ends up being less harsh than a) we're used to, b) is probably necessary. (Which probably undercuts making Parker a more mature human being, but half a lesson is probably better than none.)

But this too has reprecussions. If Parker acts out, then what's to stop her teammates? Can't have a double standard, right? So we get something like the Bobbitt-Latta dramatics y'all brought up in the semi thread. And then there are the little girls, the impressionable ones, that some of y'all seem worried about. Not all of them are going to have coaches who rein them in. Some will say that anything's all right as long as they win (even turnovers Wink).

I think Summitt is all too aware of the power Candace Parker holds, and is treading a very fine line between keeping her happy at Tennessee and harnessing her passion for the game, and also that Summitt's balancing act is going to shape the next couple of years of women's basketball.

PostPosted: 04/03/07 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw Candace play a lot in high school. She was never this..."dramatic" on the court. I think the fame has gotten to her head a bit and it's tough. Although I still like her, she's gone down a bit in the respect category.

PostPosted: 04/03/07 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's why I say that in a lot of ways it will be better for the game if Candace leaves Tennessee as soon as she can. She will be forced to be more humble at the pro level because she will be going up against players of equal ability. The vets on her team would help keep her in line too.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good stuff, Queenie!

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:13 pm    ::: Re: Two cents on Summitt's handling of Parker Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
It seems strange for a discipline-based coach such as Summitt to be letting a player run as wild as most of y'all say Parker is. It makes me wonder if Summitt is... I don't want to say afraid, because I doubt Pat Summitt fears anything, but it's the closest word... I wonder if she fears the reprecussions of Parker's actions, both actual and potential.

For a moment, let's set aside whether Parker *has* too much attitude. Obviously, if you believe she doesn't, then the rest of this is moot. But from what I've read and the little I've seen, Parker seems to have much more and much louder swagger than any Tennessee player who didn't get her ass handed to her afterwards.

Candace Parker has more bargaining power than any WCBB player has ever had. Between the degree and the redshirt year, she has three choices of years in which to make the jump to the WNBA, all of them valid. She has the star power, ESPN's eye, name recognition among sports fans who otherwise don't know a thing about women's basketball. I think Summitt wonders about the slippery slope- you get a player leaving before four years are up, or at least while she is not listed as a senior, and that cracks the door open for players with flimsier and flimsier reasons until you get the female Malone. Summitt's devoted her life to this game, so I can't imagine that she doesn't worry about the health and future of the game in general, and not just as it pertains to Tennessee.

Not that Parker jumping doesn't pertain to Tennessee. Obviously it does. And that may also be why Summitt handles her more gingerly than she has anyone else. If Summitt exerts too much pressure, pushes Parker further than Parker wants to go, Parker can be all "Screw you guys, I'm going to the WNBA after this year". (I think that's why I've observed less discipline in men's college ball, too, this lurking threat of a talented player going pro, but that's for another forum.) Summitt doesn't want that, and not just for Tennessee and championship bling-bling. Like any good coach, she wants to make the young women who come into her charge better, stronger, and more mature people. Methinks Summitt wants Parker to stay at Tennessee as much for Parker as for Tennessee. So she ends up being less harsh than a) we're used to, b) is probably necessary. (Which probably undercuts making Parker a more mature human being, but half a lesson is probably better than none.)

But this too has reprecussions. If Parker acts out, then what's to stop her teammates? Can't have a double standard, right? So we get something like the Bobbitt-Latta dramatics y'all brought up in the semi thread. And then there are the little girls, the impressionable ones, that some of y'all seem worried about. Not all of them are going to have coaches who rein them in. Some will say that anything's all right as long as they win (even turnovers Wink).

I think Summitt is all too aware of the power Candace Parker holds, and is treading a very fine line between keeping her happy at Tennessee and harnessing her passion for the game, and also that Summitt's balancing act is going to shape the next couple of years of women's basketball.

I would just hate to see the women's game go down this path and lose what makes it unique. If it becomes "men's bad attitude basketball" light, there is no appeal for me to watch anymore.

Michael

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Taurasi have just as much bargaining power? Wasn't she just as big a star in college?

And didn't she have just as much attitude in college? Like screaming "This is my fucking show" when she ran down the floor after hitting a three? Like swearing loudly and visibly and regularly on the court? Like punching orange?

Didn't Geno probably treat her a little differently than other UConn players, both players who were there at the time and who have been there since?

Did Taurasi's (arguably bad) attitude shape women's basketball for years to come?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Did Taurasi's (arguably bad) attitude shape women's basketball for years to come?

Yes, Parker is her first disciple.

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1 - On some level you are probably correct.

2 - It seems Pat is mellowing with age.

3 - It's really unfortunate you haven't been able to watch Parker play. IMO though she does have attitude, particularly after big blocks, but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

JMHO. Smile

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DT3 always seemed to have a more 'playful' arrogance to me...if that makes sense Confused .

Both DT3 and CP3 are great talents who have each helped to progress the game & bring (mostly) positive attention to it. I have enjoyed watching each perform, and while both have had moments in which their actions leave something to be desired, I think that on the whole, they are solid ambassadors for the sport.

Last edited by BBallFanCT729 on 04/03/07 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
sgtutvols

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:29 pm    ::: Re: Two cents on Summitt's handling of Parker Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

What a bunch of hooey. Your comments are worth exactly that - 2 cents.

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Parker seems to have much more and much louder swagger than any Tennessee player who didn't get her ass handed to her afterwards.

Or maybe Summitt wants the drought to end and her 7th national title so bad she doesn't really care how Parker acts?!

Tennessee has needed some attitude for the past several years. Talent alone won't win national championships in WCBB anymore. Attitude is playing a bigger role. That's why we saw the upsets in the tournament this year.

For what its worth, not all the Vol fans like Parker's punkishness either. I sat next to a guy during the Ole Miss game who was disgusted by her yelling at the 5'4" Shantell Black, "Are you serious?!" after blocking her shot. He has been a Lady Vol fan for 30 years and was madder about that action than I was and I'm an Ole Miss fan!

You brought up some interesting points, Queenie. Good luck tonight in the game!

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Didn't Taurasi have just as much bargaining power? Wasn't she just as big a star in college?

And didn't she have just as much attitude in college? Like screaming "This is my fucking show" when she ran down the floor after hitting a three? Like swearing loudly and visibly and regularly on the court? Like punching orange?

Didn't Geno probably treat her a little differently than other UConn players, both players who were there at the time and who have been there since?

I think Parker has more power because the degree and the redshirt year give her more flexibility in when she can leave college. In some alternate universe where time flows more slowly and we're still in 2003, Taurasi might tell Geno, "Fuck you, I'm outta here", but Geno's response would be something along the lines of, "Okay, since you can't go to the WNBA yet, you go play in front of two hundred people in Italy. Call me when you get bored."

Someone else made a good point that Taurasi's attitude seems more playful. Of course, it may just be that she couples attitude with charm and knows how to mix them in the proper proportions, whereas Parker hasn't learned how to do that yet. It may also be that it's easier to be graceful through cockiness when you have the bling, as Taurasi does and Parker doesn't (yet, and I'm kinda hoping not this year). It may well also be that Parker hasn't learned how to rein her emotion in yet, and that as she develops she'll tone down some of it but remain passionate, kind of in the Spoon mode.

I think we're still a couple of years from seeing Taurasi's long-term effect, let alone Parker's. Even if you count from her freshman year, we're only six years down the road; the girls who watched her UConn games in between AAU and/or biddy practices are only starting to filter through the system.

I don't know. As an RU fan, I'm clearly not going to be an apologist for either side in a UConn/Tennessee comparison. (I'll be on the sidelines with popcorn.)

Hell, by the end of this game, I may be reevaluating my position and tossing a couple of more pennies into the thread.

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Send her to Phoenix, problem solved, Dianas "attitude" will trump Candaces "attitude" every day of the week Wink

PostPosted: 04/03/07 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
It may also be that it's easier to be graceful through cockiness when you have the bling, as Taurasi does and Parker doesn't.

Taurasi had zero titles when she decided to "hit something orange".

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:
It may also be that it's easier to be graceful through cockiness when you have the bling, as Taurasi does and Parker doesn't.

Confused

She had just dropped 32 points as a sophomore in Knoxville...and then she went on to back up her arrogance with 3 straight NCs, so...

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Send her to Phoenix, problem solved, Dianas "attitude" will trump Candaces "attitude" every day of the week Wink

I will be the first to say that Diana acted in a way that made some fans crazy, but I think her personality is one that you "love to hate" more than one of being a "jerk". Diana said this is "my mother fucking show" after she made a shot, she punched orange things, and she certainly acted cocky. However, I feel that Candace does things to individuals to show them up. The stares, the glares, the "are you serious" are more jerk moves to me, and there is clear difference. I think Pat lets her get away with a lot of stuff that Geno would never allow.

I think EVERY PLAYER trash talks, but the star players have the camera on them more, so it's more noticable. To me, non-verbals are what really stand out, and Candace Parker has terrible non-verbals. Just the way she looks at opposing players is enough to make me think she has a terrible attitude, Diana didn't do that.

Luckily, tonight we will see the two biggest trash talkers in WCBB go after it, Parker and Ajavon.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Again, Diana didn't show up a person, different thing. Cocky and arrogant sure, but not what Parker pulls during games.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:19 pm    ::: Re: Two cents on Summitt's handling of Parker Reply Reply with quote

sgtutvols wrote:

What a bunch of hooey. Your comments are worth exactly that - 2 cents.

DAMN I love thoughtful discussion -- it's what makes message boards so interesting, isn't it?

couple of follow up thoughts --

The difference between attitude towards another player or towards "the world." We all know the sequence in the game that led to the Diana f-bomb ESPN loved to replay. That being said, it wasn't aimed at a player. Nor was Parker's F-Bomb as she sat on the bench with two fouls Sunday.

As for the "punch something orange" -- I think it's useful to look at the action separate from the post-game smarty pants comment... We've seen lots of players do something similar - whether it be against the stantion or whumping the ball or the like.... She just has a way with words post-game that highlights her actions...

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
DT3 always seemed to have a more 'playful' arrogance to me...if that makes sense Confused

Yes, that makes sense. That's how I remember Taurasi. Yes, she was annoying and cocky, but it wasn't always a disrespectful "cocky". Parker's cockiness, while good for her and her team, borderlines on "disrespect". Having said that, I still like Parker and, believe it or not, also like Taurasi (when she's not playing against Sacramento or Houston).

I'm glad Queenie raised this topic because I've been thinking along similar lines. Candace does appear to be the most outwardly disrespectful Lady Vol player that I can remember. Part of the reason why is because Pat has mellowed down signifcantly over the years. I don't think she would've allowed Chamique Holdsclaw to act in this manner ten years ago, but times have changed.

Honestly, I think Pat just wants to end the drought and win a title. She'd let Parker wear purple drawers on her head if it weren't against the dress code. Having said that, Parker still realizes who's the boss in Knoxville.

Mathies to LA 2013
DNA Fan

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm in the minority one this one.

Do I like when CP3 screamed "Are you serious?" to the 5'4" player? No. However, what the devil was she thinking 5'4 on 6'4; you know, it's gonna get swatted when you're that close to a taller player. Had she shot instead of driven, it may have not been blocked, or she could've iniated contact and drawn the foul, but she did neither. It's best to shoot jumpshots (with good spacing) over taller defenders -- bad decision on the offensive player's part (and maybe Coach who called the play)

Bales is 6'7, but the shorter player she is supposedly gaurding would at least try to draw a foul and 9/10 it has worked -- okay, maybe 7/10 times. The other option would be (if you have no shot) to pull the defender out of the post or just create a little space (Nash -- sorry, he's so good at it) (Toliver's huge three in MD win over Duke to send it to OT) Heck, I've seen people shoot over DYDEK in the W -- make or miss!!

You know, it's wierd how when someone '5'8" blocks someone 6'0" (omg! he/she's got some ups! Are you serious?) and they may yell, too; however, when it's the other way around, it's seen as "bullying" or unnecessary? (I don't think CP was saying that to her directly (I could be wrong though.

As far as "attitude"? This is the playoffs; a whole different ball game. Bring it or take your ball and go home -- yet, attitude's not allowed? If players aren't allowed to yell (trash talk) then why not restrict the coaches from doing so in an effort (positively or negatively) to motivate their teams? (Geno, Pat, C. Viv and most recently GG or Friese?) I've heard complaints about how Bob Starkey just "sat on his keister" while LSU was having problems. Maybe that's just how he is, I don't know while Chatman didn't do that.

And that "attitude" rubs off on your players (or at least that's what the coaches want us to believe) Geno and Dee -- need I say more? Aren't players/teams supposed "reflections" of their coaches? (not always) If you wanna conserative reserved coach, player, team, game, fine; it wouldn't do any harm to be just a tad "obtrusive"

Dee's was/is simply arrogance shadowed (which goes beyond the floor) with personality and so is Candace and Latta's. Dee's coach was/is that way (I've read about his "foot-in-mouth" press conferences) and maybe Hatchell and Summitt are, too, to a degree.

Don't get me wrong, they should calm their players sometimes, but completely silence them either. Everybody gets overly enthusiatic sometimes -- I promise you, it isn't a big a deal as people make it out to be sometimes.

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
caune wrote:

I will be the first to say that Diana acted in a way that made some fans crazy, but I think her personality is one that you "love to hate" more than one of being a "jerk". Diana said this is "my mother fucking show" after she made a shot, she punched orange things, and she certainly acted cocky. However, I feel that Candace does things to individuals to show them up. The stares, the glares, the "are you serious" are more jerk moves to me, and there is clear difference. I think Pat lets her get away with a lot of stuff that Geno would never allow.

I think EVERY PLAYER trash talks, but the star players have the camera on them more, so it's more noticable. To me, non-verbals are what really stand out, and Candace Parker has terrible non-verbals. Just the way she looks at opposing players is enough to make me think she has a terrible attitude, Diana didn't do that.

Luckily, tonight we will see the two biggest trash talkers in WCBB go after it, Parker and Ajavon.

Well DT had a pretty big non-verbal incident, and yes that stuck out more then if she yelled something. I will say the latter part of last season I didn't see that non-verbal stuff again, and really got to enjoy her as a great baller. I like some attitude on the players; makes them who they are.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 04/03/07 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree, but what is Pat supposed to do?

I just think Candace is a little immature. Im sure Pat would like it if bobbit were more mature, and would straighten out Candace, but Bobbit seems just as bad.

Eh, theyre in the National championship game so who can really argue.

PostPosted: 04/03/07 6:03 pm    ::: What I think about Candace Reply Reply with quote

Queenie, on your thoughts on Candace I respectfully disagree.

Quote:
Candace Parker has more bargaining power than any WCBB player has ever had. Between the degree and the redshirt year, she has three choices of years in which to make the jump to the WNBA, all of them valid. She has the star power, ESPN's eye, name recognition among sports fans who otherwise don't know a thing about women's basketball.

I don't see this "power" that you see, mainly because the money isn't there the way you think it is. Candace Parker is "known", but not that known. She may build that up in the years to come and there's no telling what kind of package and marketing team could be put together. Yet, there isn't a demand that matches the hype and don't see it ever coming to that level to where a womens basketball player has the power you speak of. I certainly don't see such a situation right now.

Quote:
I think Summitt wonders about the slippery slope- you get a player leaving before four years are up, or at least while she is not listed as a senior, and that cracks the door open for players with flimsier and flimsier reasons until you get the female Malone. Summitt's devoted her life to this game, so I can't imagine that she doesn't worry about the health and future of the game in general, and not just as it pertains to Tennessee.

Again, I don't see it yet, because the dollars, the ratings points and the endorsement potential are not there to the level that its worthwhile, and if it ever gets there, what that be so bad? That womens basketball gets to the point where there is a demand for this entertainment to the point that kids leaving early is an option? We have kids barely out of their training bras getting paid to hit golf balls and tennis balls and it hasn't ruined those sports. If the money's there somebody will reach for it. Right now, that kind of money isn't there.

Quote:
Not that Parker jumping doesn't pertain to Tennessee. Obviously it does. And that may also be why Summitt handles her more gingerly than she has anyone else. If Summitt exerts too much pressure, pushes Parker further than Parker wants to go, Parker can be all "Screw you guys, I'm going to the WNBA after this year".

If she did do that, Coach Summitt would tell her to don't let the door knob hit her where the good Lord split her. Coach maybe be mellowing a little but not that much.

Quote:
Summitt doesn't want that, and not just for Tennessee and championship bling-bling. Like any good coach, she wants to make the young women who come into her charge better, stronger, and more mature people. Methinks Summitt wants Parker to stay at Tennessee as much for Parker as for Tennessee. So she ends up being less harsh than a) we're used to, b) is probably necessary. (Which probably undercuts making Parker a more mature human being, but half a lesson is probably better than none.)

Lets look into Candace. Has she been disruptive in practices? Has she been disruptive to team chemistry? Has she openly get in coach's face? The answer on all accounts from what I've heard and observed the answer is no.
What we do have is a kid, who has had to learn all 5 positions because Tennessee has needed her to. CP has played out of position, she's played hurt, she put in 40 minute games and done what has been asked of her to help the ballclub. She's given credit to her teammate, hasn't put herself above the ballclub even with all the fame surrounding her. A lot of people are ragging on Candace Parker because she got the "hype", but remember that "hype" is something she didn't ask for.

Quote:
But this too has reprecussions. If Parker acts out, then what's to stop her teammates? Can't have a double standard, right? So we get something like the Bobbitt-Latta dramatics y'all brought up in the semi thread.

Is Parker "acting out" is the question. She stared down a kid after a block shot. That's acting out? It may feel that way if you are the kid who got Spauldinged or Posterized, but you know that's part of the game. If somebody trying to intimidate you makes you squirm, then maybe you should be out on the court. The competitors aren't tripping about this. Any player worth her weight in scooby snacks will just comeback harder on the next play and not pay the staredown any mind.
And what is so bad about kids showing emotion? It seems some womens basketball fans are technocrats. They want the players to just be robots. Yet, at the same time, they are whining about how "womens basketball gets no attention" and "womens basketball gets no tv time" and "our game deserves a greater following and greater notoriety, etc"
These athletic, exciting players and characters are giving the game that greater following. They are getting people to watch the game. Emotion, character and pizzazz aren't going to ruin the sport. It may just give it a shot in the arm.

Quote:
And then there are the little girls, the impressionable ones, that some of y'all seem worried about. Not all of them are going to have coaches who rein them in. Some will say that anything's all right as long as they win (even turnovers Wink).

Before you look to a coach to rein the kid in, how about a parent doing that job.

Throughout the history of the game, people have always said something fresh, new or different is going to "ruin" it.

In the 1940s they said the one-handed jump shot would ruin the game.
In the 1950s they said 7-footers and Bob Cousy dribbling behind the back would ruin the game.
In the 1960s they said Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson and all those other durn colored folks and that darn white boy down at LSU, who plays like them durn colored folks would ruin the game. And they said that Rick Mount averaging 40 a game would ruin the game.
In the 1970s they said Kareem and the ABA with that three-point shot would ruin the game..And Oh My God...WHO THE HELL IS THIS DOCTOR J CHARACTER???
In the 1980s they said all of those No-look passes by Magic would ruin the game. And then there were those crazy Bad Boy Pistons....
In the 1990s they said that guy in Chicago...That Jordan guy would ruin the game.

None of things stuff has ruined the game. Chamique Holdsclaw screaming as she blocked a shot didn't ruin the game. Nancy Lieberman trash talking at ODU didn't ruin the game. Cheryl Miller didn't ruin the game.

Diana Taurasi's competitive arrogance didn't ruin the game. Candace Parker dunking and staring down shooters who just got blocked hard won't ruin the game.

And emotion, fire, and fun and Ivory Latta doing the chicken noddle soup dance in the intro line won't ruin the game, either.

[/b]

PostPosted: 04/03/07 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Frankly I think it's hilarius that given another player in this final that everyone's so obsessedabout Parker's "character." My take away is then that to taunt the victim of a sexual predator for being so victimized is A-OK, and a sign of the highest possible character.

DNA Fan

PostPosted: 04/03/07 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PeachBasket wrote:
Frankly I think it's hilarius that given another player in this final that everyone's so obsessedabout Parker's "character." My take away is then that to taunt the victim of a sexual predator for being so victimized is A-OK, and a sign of the highest possible character.

I think that's due to her 'character' as you put it. Look at all the attention she's getting. Quite the uber media darling if you ask me. I can't help she's been "villified," but with folk on both sides of the fence, why wouldn't she be as such? She's the centerpiece of this Tenn class, just Ajavon may be the center piece for Rutgers.

All of this is like a big movie of "epic-proportions"

Summit vs. Stringer
The Promise Land Revisited vs. Potential First Taste of Paradise
The heroes: CP, MA
The villains: ^

This is will be one hell of a story and I wish it didn't have to end, but it has to (at least for now)

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: