RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue/NC Notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelli

PostPosted: 03/27/07 7:56 am    ::: Purdue/NC Notes Reply Reply with quote

Mostly Purdue.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/sports/16979697.htm

PostPosted: 03/27/07 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game will be a battle. Lots of pride on the line for Purdue. If they don't come out strong and get ahead by 20 pts. or so early NC may just wear them down. Last year's defeat had a lot of them stinging and in spite of a VERY short bench (only 6 real gamers) it'll be a tough game. Latta wants a NC as does Geralds and Lawless. This is the game to watch!

The article you linked to talks about Freeman mostly--she is so important to this game--tough, fast, aggressive. Truly a quality person and player.

Too close to call, but sure would like to see Purdue there and the Big 10 represented!

PostPosted: 03/27/07 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the article, kelli.

In terms of a lot being on the line for pride reasons, I'm sure the Boilermakers are already quite proud and rightfully so. Many, many folks "wrote them off" during pre-season: coaching change, loss of two good recruits due to that, dismissal of very good player and an assistant coach....these young women have been through a tremendous amount in less than a year's time.

With that said, I can't help but think that it will be in the Purdue's minds that they lost by only 2 points to UNC in last year's tournament. Both teams will be very hungry.

My head says UNC but my heart, as ever, says Purdue. I'm forever hopeful that it's a well-officiated game (maybe I should give THAT thought up?!) and no injuries, etc., and that each team plays it absolute best. I'd hate to see Purdue lose but, if they must, I want to know they brought their "A" game.

GO BOILERS!!

Michael

PostPosted: 03/27/07 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:

In terms of a lot being on the line for pride reasons, I'm sure the Boilermakers are already quite proud and rightfully so. Many, many folks "wrote them off" during pre-season: coaching change, loss of two good recruits due to that, dismissal of very good player and an assistant coach....these young women have been through a tremendous amount in less than a year's time.

With that said, I can't help but think that it will be in the Purdue's minds that they lost by only 2 points to UNC in last year's tournament. Both teams will be very hungry.

My head says UNC but my heart, as ever, says Purdue. I'm forever hopeful that it's a well-officiated game (maybe I should give THAT thought up?!) and no injuries, etc., and that each team plays it absolute best. I'd hate to see Purdue lose but, if they must, I want to know they brought their "A" game.

GO BOILERS!!

You skipped the loss of Bogdonova to injury and Helgeson's transfer to further deplete our front court to 3 players total all year.

Michael

PostPosted: 03/27/07 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
ILUVBIGTEN wrote:

GO BOILERS!!

You skipped the loss of Bogdonova to injury and Helgeson's transfer to further deplete our front court to 3 players total all year.

Michael

Absolutely right, Michael. Thanks for pointing out even more adversity Purdue has had to overcome to get to the Elite Eight. I thought that it would be a miracle to get to the Sweet Sixteen. I'm so, so proud of them.

miatamama

PostPosted: 03/27/07 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am absolutely convinced Purdue will win tonight. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Little did I know when I got those FF tickets oh so long ago Purdue would be there.

Go Big 10. Isn't it about time a Big 10 team wins the national championship? Let's end the ACC/SEC domination of women's basketball !

PostPosted: 03/27/07 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
I am absolutely convinced Purdue will win tonight. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Little did I know when I got those FF tickets oh so long ago Purdue would be there.

Go Big 10. Isn't it about time a Big 10 team wins the national championship? Let's end the ACC/SEC domination of women's basketball !

Yep, time to get a championship in this century. Laughing
HAIL PURDUE

boilerjay

PostPosted: 03/27/07 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:

Let's end the ACC/SEC domination of women's basketball !

Huh????

Let's see here...since 2000 here is the list of National Champions.

2006 - Maryland
2005 - Baylor
2004 - UConn
2003 - UConn
2002 - UConn
2001 - Notre Dame
2000 - UConn

HARDLY what I'd call ACC/SEC domination. Rolling Eyes Shocked

pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/07 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It does look more like BEast domination.

PostPosted: 03/27/07 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
miatamama wrote:

Let's end the ACC/SEC domination of women's basketball !

Huh????

Let's see here...since 2000 here is the list of National Champions.

2006 - Maryland
2005 - Baylor
2004 - UConn
2003 - UConn
2002 - UConn
2001 - Notre Dame
2000 - UConn

HARDLY what I'd call ACC/SEC domination. Rolling Eyes Shocked

I think it really isn't that, but more so of what happened last year and this year not who got the ship, but ... well ...

Yes, UConn's dominance, but three ACC teams in last year (leading to MD's win) and this year: The lone ACC team (UNC) and the lone BE team (correct me if I am wrong) Rutgers now that LSU (SEC) knocked off UConn; Tenn is still in and a couple more SEC squads.

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
miatamama

PostPosted: 03/27/07 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

East/SEC/ACC ..... WHATEVER.

Isn't it time for a Big 10 champion?

Everything east of I-65 and south of I-74 is not in the Big 10 world to me (not talking about tOSU--that's another topic....but there's not much fear they'll get a NC anytime soon considering their collapse in the NCAA)

PostPosted: 03/27/07 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's official: Jodi will not be playing. It appears Kiki Freeman will start. Not a disaster, but oy. We have such a short bench. We must stay o-u-t of foul trouble. Shocked Go Boilers!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 03/27/07 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PurdueBBall3 wrote:
It's official: Jodi will not be playing. It appears Kiki Freeman will start. Not a disaster, but oy. We have such a short bench. We must stay o-u-t of foul trouble. Shocked Go Boilers!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update, sis. Step it up like you did last game, Kiki!!!!

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/27/07 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
East/SEC/ACC ..... WHATEVER.

Isn't it time for a Big 10 champion?

Everything east of I-65 and south of I-74 is not in the Big 10 world to me (not talking about tOSU--that's another topic....but there's not much fear they'll get a NC anytime soon considering their collapse in the NCAA)

You just eliminated nearly half of the conference!!

But just as they talk about the best "whatever/whoever" to not win a champoinship, the Big 10 sure fits that in women's bball.

PostPosted: 03/27/07 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PurdueBBall3 wrote:

Thanks for the update, sis. Step it up like you did last game, Kiki!!!!

Good news! She's playing!

Did Rebecca say AC sprain?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: