RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 03/24/07 9:19 pm    ::: Cleveland Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I figured where else?!

I am seeking a room in downtown Cleveland for the final four...I have tickets for the tourney and flight reservations, but no room! I kinda need something downtown, as I will be travelling with a toddler!
Any ideas would be appreciated.

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Try the Holiday Inn Lakeside-- within walking distance of the Q... they are the most reasonable of all downtoan area hotels.

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the Final Four site, "All dowtown hotels are sold out".

Here's their list of remaining hotels. I'm sure it's not exhausive, but it's a place to start, and they list how far from the arena they are: http://womenrockcleveland.com/fanhotels.aspx

FS02

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the final four games are going to have better attendance than the games in this round I hope...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

look for cancellations when you get there too. When I went to N.O. I ended up in the Marriott where the WBCA was, without a reservation.

Never forget checking in with Rene Portland of all people behind me....If I only knew then Twisted Evil

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
So the final four games are going to have better attendance than the games in this round I hope...

The FF games are sellouts, and have been for years. What you'll see, though, is that fans of the teams in the 2nd game will show up late, and fans of the teams in the 1st game will leave early. Tuesday, the arena will be pretty much full.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 03/24/07 11:23 pm    ::: Re: Cleveland Reply Reply with quote

LSUTigerFan wrote:
I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I figured where else?!

I am seeking a room in downtown Cleveland for the final four...I have tickets for the tourney and flight reservations, but no room! I kinda need something downtown, as I will be travelling with a toddler!
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Get the phone numbers of the hotels where you want to stay - all the ones listed on the 'womenrock' website are good - the Hyatt and the Renaissance are pretty expensive - As big teams are eliminated (like Duke today) people will CANCEL their plans. Most hotels were booked 6 months ago...but I would just call everyday to check. There will definitely be cancellations.

(When I booked my room back in OCTOBER, the website said that all downtown rooms were booked. I still got one, but I had to call a few numbers. And, like I said, that was 5 months ago...)

BallState1984

PostPosted: 03/25/07 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do not rely on just the Womenrockcleveland web site. It is cliche, but use Expedia and Travelocity -- you can find a room.

PostPosted: 03/25/07 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Do not rely on just the Womenrockcleveland web site. It is cliche, but use Expedia and Travelocity -- you can find a room.

sidestep.com

PostPosted: 03/25/07 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BallState1984 wrote:

sidestep.com

I think that you both just pissed off Winky. Wink now he's going to have to stay on that massage table a litle longer. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/25/07 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
FS02 wrote:

The FF games are sellouts, and have been for years. What you'll see, though, is that fans of the teams in the 2nd game will show up late, and fans of the teams in the 1st game will leave early. Tuesday, the arena will be pretty much full.

That's good to know. This is the first year I have watched the whole tourney. I was shocked by the low attendance at some games.

CallTheDoctor

PostPosted: 03/27/07 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
FS02 wrote:

That's good to know. This is the first year I have watched the whole tourney. I was shocked by the low attendance at some games.

Thanks to all for the hotel advice; I also was late in making reservations and got shut out of downtown. I now have a room near the airport (ironic, since I'm not flying in to Cleveland), which at least has a train line to downtown, unlike some other suburban areas that have hotels but spotty public transit.

Yeah, I'm also surprised by the many empty seats at the games, even the regional finals. But the NCAA has been moving to neutral sites in the last few years, and this will be the price to pay... in the short term, anyway.

It used to be that teams would get to play on their home courts through the regionals, which of course gave them a big advantage. But it was felt that many fans wouldn't follow their teams to other parts of the country. For a lot of teams this still seems the case, based on the low attendance.

Orion

PostPosted: 03/27/07 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You might also try to find a B&B closer in. We have done that and been (on balance) pleased most of the time.

PostPosted: 03/27/07 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CallTheDoctor wrote:
FS02 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
FS02 wrote:

Thanks to all for the hotel advice; I also was late in making reservations and got shut out of downtown. I now have a room near the airport (ironic, since I'm not flying in to Cleveland), which at least has a train line to downtown, unlike some other suburban areas that have hotels but spotty public transit.

Yeah, I'm also surprised by the many empty seats at the games, even the regional finals. But the NCAA has been moving to neutral sites in the last few years, and this will be the price to pay... in the short term, anyway.

It used to be that teams would get to play on their home courts through the regionals, which of course gave them a big advantage. But it was felt that many fans wouldn't follow their teams to other parts of the country. For a lot of teams this still seems the case, based on the low attendance.

the RTA train from the Airport to Tower City is very reasonable and very reliable. Tower City is about a 3 or 4 block walk to the Q.....depending on which door you exit out of.

Also, as of right now, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites on Euclid Ave. IS showing availability For Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues nights. I stayed there for the MAC tournament and it is extremely close to the Arena as well as MANY eating establishments. I'm guessing several UConn cancellations over the last 12 hours or so helped open that hotel up a little bit.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/27/07 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

statams wrote:
I'm guessing several UConn cancellations over the last 12 hours or so helped open that hotel up a little bit.

Hey! Maybe they were Duke or Arizona State cancellations!!! Wink

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 03/27/07 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
statams wrote:
I'm guessing several UConn cancellations over the last 12 hours or so helped open that hotel up a little bit.

You know there are many Duke cancellations............ Embarassed They just knew for sure they would be there.

Might check certain University message boards, they could be listing rooms for sale.

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
statams

PostPosted: 03/27/07 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
statams wrote:

I sincerely apologize for my oversight. Embarassed

I was just thinking about which of the 2 teams that took defeats last night were probably more sure of going to Cleveland. Duke cancellations were plentiful on Sunday though!!!!

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 03/28/07 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
statams wrote:

You know there are many Duke cancellations............ Embarassed They just knew for sure they would be there.

Might check certain University message boards, they could be listing rooms for sale.

Ok, so how do you find message boards?

PostPosted: 03/28/07 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU FAN-
I have an extra reservation downtown I have to cancel by tomorrow. THe hotel I really wanted worked out; this was my backup (it's nice -- not cheap)
I can try to change it to your name or something if you are interested. I don't know how it would work, but PM me to discuss. We can give it a shot.
TSW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: