RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Greensboro Game 1: (3) Arizona State vs. (7) Bowling Green
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maroondevil

PostPosted: 03/24/07 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bgsufalcon24 wrote:
What a tough game for BG. It was obvious from the opening tip that this was going to be a difficult matchup. ASU was great at scoring from the post, so we clog that up and leave the outside open, and their players were just lights out from the outside. Our players were visibly tired in the 2nd half, especially Achter. She played horribly today, probably because she hadn't gotten any rest all tournament. We couldn't rebound either. It was just a poor game all around, except for Ali Mann and maybe Carin Horne, they played very well.

Congrats to Arizona State on an excellent performance.

Congratulations Bowling Green on the greatest season in school history! Thank you seniors!

bgsufalcon24
congratulations on such a great season.

what this team has done is right up there with the 1984 BG hockey team!!!

caune

PostPosted: 03/24/07 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bowling Green should be proud of themselves, and ASU, damn, I know I'm proud, and shocked frankly. Shocked
Not that they beat Bowling green but that they are in the elite eight.....and not having to face Duke Very Happy Not that Rutgers isn't a great team, but mentally there is a big difference between playing Duke and playing Rutgers!

Go Devils!!!! The Final Four is within your grasp!

PostPosted: 03/24/07 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Bowling Green should be proud of themselves, and ASU, damn, I know I'm proud, and shocked frankly. Shocked
Not that they beat Bowling green but that they are in the elite eight.....and not having to face Duke Very Happy Not that Rutgers isn't a great team, but mentally there is a big difference between playing Duke and playing Rutgers!

Go Devils!!!! The Final Four is within your grasp!

Both teams want it bad, I am expecting a very intense game.

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stacey cracks me up. I love how she says Briann January's name. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maroondevil wrote:
bgsufalcon24 wrote:
What a tough game for BG. It was obvious from the opening tip that this was going to be a difficult matchup. ASU was great at scoring from the post, so we clog that up and leave the outside open, and their players were just lights out from the outside. Our players were visibly tired in the 2nd half, especially Achter. She played horribly today, probably because she hadn't gotten any rest all tournament. We couldn't rebound either. It was just a poor game all around, except for Ali Mann and maybe Carin Horne, they played very well.

Congrats to Arizona State on an excellent performance.

Congratulations Bowling Green on the greatest season in school history! Thank you seniors!

bgsufalcon24
congratulations on such a great season.

what this team has done is right up there with the 1984 BG hockey team!!!

Wow, you know a lot about BGSU. The 1984 BG Hockey team went on to win the national championship, winning a multi-overtime game in the finals to win it. I wasn't alive yet during that time, so I have no idea what kind of impact that had on the university back then.

However, I do know this. The Bowling Green campus was WIRED all throughout this tournament. There were people everywhere following the team, watching the games at watch parties downtown, etc. Almost 3,000 of our fans went to see the team play at our first round game vs Oklahoma State in East Lansing. There was only one game this whole season (vs Toledo on 2/4) where we got that many fans for a home game. It appeared that we had a fairly good contingent at today's game as well, though not nearly the crowd we had for rounds 1 and 2. Greensboro is 9 hours driving time from BG, so its not exactly a sunday stroll. Kudos to those ASU people that were there, that's insanely far to go for a game!

In the end, I'm not sure this was better than our 84 hockey team, but it was a very fun ride for all of us here at BGSU. This senior class of Horne, Mann, Honneger, Flynn, Thorburn, and Gompers has left an indelible mark on Bowling Green. They've helped make BG a women's basketball school once again, kind of like how we were back in the early 90's. Us fans and students and administrators owe much to them for their accomplishments.

One stat that I will always remember from this year, is that the BG Women outdrew the BG men this season by about 250 a game! Now that's awesome!

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 03/24/07 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danielle Orsillo is such a stud! So proud of my Sun Devils!

Let's go girls--give the Scarlet Knights hell!

--LDF -->really happy to still be in Greensboro where the sweet tea is flowing freely! Cool

maroondevil

PostPosted: 03/24/07 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BGSU

I was very young when Bg won the national championship in 1984, It is the longest game played with 6 overtimes. It took the program to a new level, some of those players played in the NHl, including one of my all time favorite players, Dave Ellet.

Yes, I do take the time to go back and read about these accomplishments. I enjoy to read how an underdog goes beyond expectations.

Your team has gone where no other team from your conference has, you set the mark. I believe BG women's hoops is at a new level now, and this sweet 16 will not be forgotten and hopefully will help to attract more recruits and fans to the program.

Good luck to your seniors and the program.

go sun devils!

maroondevil

PostPosted: 03/24/07 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LadyDevilFan wrote:
Danielle Orsillo is such a stud! So proud of my Sun Devils!

Let's go girls--give the Scarlet Knights hell!

--LDF -->really happy to still be in Greensboro where the sweet tea is flowing freely! Cool

Way to go LDF, hope to see more sun devils fans out there on Monday!!!!

go sun devils!

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 03/24/07 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope there will be more too. Maybe some Devil fans of the blue variety would show up (and cheer for us??)--hey, we're all devils! Wink

Oh, and I forgot to mention before...Kate Engelbrecht made some big shots today too--she made my sign come true: Our Kate is better than yours! Very Happy

--LDF

maroondevil

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Is January out for the rest of the tournament?

They are going to re evaluate her condition on Monday , hopefully she passes the test and plays. we need her.

ChipperF1

PostPosted: 03/25/07 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Sun Devils!

I saw you guys butcher my Huskers to start the season. I'm rooting for ASU and OU now. Smile

Bowling Green -- I don't think we've heard the last of you.

PostPosted: 03/25/07 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LadyDevilFan wrote:
I hope there will be more too. Maybe some Devil fans of the blue variety would show up (and cheer for us??)--hey, we're all devils! Wink

Oh, and I forgot to mention before...Kate Engelbrecht made some big shots today too--she made my sign come true: Our Kate is better than yours! Very Happy

--LDF

Hey LDF, nice job with the sign, and getting on TV!! Way to represent! (I've got the dvd copy for you, too!)

PostPosted: 03/25/07 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LadyDevilFan wrote:

--LDF

Better have another sign ready, we'll be looking for you on the big screen at Wells Fargo on Monday.

Quote:
Arizona State fans are invited to Wells Fargo Arena on Monday to view the Sun Devil women's basketball team take on Rutgers in the Greensboro Regional Final, according to an announcement on Saturday by Sun Devil Vice President for University Athletics Lisa Love.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/25/07 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smile, Sun Devils--you're the only team west of the mississippi to make the elite 8... Shocked

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/25/07 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Press Conference Gallery:

PostPosted: 03/25/07 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RubberTroll wrote:
LadyDevilFan wrote:

--LDF

Better have another sign ready, we'll be looking for you on the big screen at Wells Fargo on Monday.

Quote:
Arizona State fans are invited to Wells Fargo Arena on Monday to view the Sun Devil women's basketball team take on Rutgers in the Greensboro Regional Final, according to an announcement on Saturday by Sun Devil Vice President for University Athletics Lisa Love.

Don't worry--I bought more markers and paint yesterday at the mall. Poster party tonight in the hotel!

I think Jill should be fine by the way...she was at our dance party last night out in the hotel's gazebo...lol.

--LDF

bgsufalcon24

PostPosted: 03/25/07 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Smile, Sun Devils--you're the only team west of the mississippi to make the elite 8... Shocked

So if Bowling Green had won on Saturday, all 8 elite 8 teams would have come from east of the Mississippi?

Damn!

I guess ASU is carrying the torch for the whole Western U.S. now.

statams

PostPosted: 03/26/07 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LadyDevilFan wrote:
...Kate Engelbrecht made some big shots today too--she made my sign come true: Our Kate is better than yours! Very Happy

--LDF

on 1 given day she absolutely was!! Heck, I think there was a 5th grader named Kate playing a parks and rec game in the sticks of Wyoming who had a much better game than BG's Kate did on Saturday....but I'll go to battle with #20 in orange against just about anybody in the country the other 364 days of the year without thinking twice about it.

that was an incredibly impressive performance by ASU. I'm not sure many teams in the country were going to beat them on Saturday. They did everything. Take away the 3? No problem, they hammered it inside. Clog the post? No problem, they hit their 3's. Defense? What didn't they do on D? I'm sure BG thought there were 6 or 7 players in white jerseys on the floor at any given time when they had the ball. I don't think ASU really tried to pressure full court very much but their half court man-man defense was amazing. It was truly a joy to watch a team that was somewhat under the radar on a national level (rankings aside, they were an unknown to a lot more people than they should have been) take the floor on the big stage and put it all together the way ASU did. I hope to see them play a few more games this season. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: