RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nice read on Antonelli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soonerville

PostPosted: 03/23/07 1:20 pm    ::: Nice read on Antonelli Reply Reply with quote

Busy broadcaster
Antonelli balances job with family

By Mel Bracht
Daily Oklahoman

Raising three young sons while broadcasting more than 80 women's basketball games a year, Debbie Antonelli's version of "March Madness” lasts all winter. But aided by an understanding husband, Antonelli wouldn't have it any other way.
"I'm gone all winter, but I'm pretty much home the rest of the time,” said Antonelli, a former N.C. State guard who resides in Charleston, S.C., with her sons — Joey, 12, Frankie, 9, and Patrick, 5; and husband, Frank, who is in the golf business. "It beats working 9 to 5 every day. Not many people can be in a job that they absolutely love and can not do without.”

Antonelli's middle son has Down syndrome.

"He has special needs and is a Special Olympic athlete,” she said. "It just adds a little bit more to our plate. It's nothing that we would ever change. I always say, ‘Down syndrome doesn't define who my son is; it's just a part of who he is.'”

Antonelli, 42, has virtually turned into OU's "home announcer” this season, broadcasting about a dozen of the Sooners' games.

She also will be the analyst for the OU-Ole Miss regional game at 1:30 p.m. Sunday on ESPN2 (Cox 29).

Antonelli says the Sooners will face a stiff test in advancing to the Final Four in having to defeat a resilent Ole Miss team, and most likely top-seeded Tennessee.

Ole Miss is led by Arminti Price, a 5-9 guard.

"She is very athletic,” Antonelli said. "She led the league in rebounding, and no guard had ever done that in that league.”

Antonelli compares the Rebels to Texas A&M.

"There is not a lot of style to what they do,” she said. "It is flat-out substance — in-your-face defense, spread you out, make you guard the dribble drive, get to the free throw line, rebound their butts off and run to the other end.”

PostPosted: 03/23/07 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Link?

PostPosted: 03/23/07 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahhh, my apologies, I cited the author.

THe link is to NEWSOK.com, I believe you need to register.

Here's the link anyhow:

http://newsok.com/article/3030392

Shoulda linked it earlier. Sorry.

PostPosted: 03/23/07 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the article.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: