RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chatman overrated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamala

PostPosted: 03/30/07 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
Most any 20 year-old knows what "inappropriate conduct" would mean regardless of where they come from, Sylvia included. However, that doesn't mean Fowles BELIEVES the allegations.

Kamala:"Again you conventiently forget to mention that it was Pokey's decision not to coach the tournament. LSU's administration said that."

I haven't forgotten to mention it. I don't find it exonerating in the least. Why did she quit? Do you think an on-going investigation into inappropriate conduct had anything to do with it? An investigation that ended the moment she resigned.

If Pokey did something so heinous LSU would've fired her and saved the close to $100,000 in bonuses Pokey will pocket due to the team going to the final four. LSU wouldn't have allowed Pokey to resign regardless of her past service to the university and community if she did something that compromised the current team members and the university as a whole with grounds for a lawsuit (like a sexual harassment suit).

PostPosted: 03/30/07 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU wouldn't have fired Chatman until the investigation was complete for fear of a lawsuit from Chatman if they got it wrong. Furthermore, guess what? if the university finished the investigation and proved that Chatman was guilty of something, than the university would likely be liable too. Much better to have Pokey resign, the investigation ends, nothing is "proven" by the university against itself, and hopefully it all goes away.

Personally, I think whoever revealed that there was a problem with Chatman may not want their name(s) public. My guess is no lawsuit if Chatman goes away. Chatman's gone away. We'll see about the lawsuit.

In any case, Chatman will undoubtedly make a statement sometime after the FF. My guess some vague apology without naming names. "I wasn't thinking" "No excuse" "No harm meant" "I was wrong" etc

At some point someone will interview Berry for a job, heck, even if its Division III, and will want answers. And Berry will give them. It will probably be something like: "I was told about Chatman with previous players while they were on the team, and felt obligated to report it."

Or maybe it's not sexual at all. Maybe Chatman someway injured some players' self-esteem. That does seem to be the greatest of sins now days (next to hypocrisy). Hey if it turns out that Chatman just made some lousy shooters and defenders feel bad by saying so, I'll do an about face and support her!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: