RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who follows Jody?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sass

PostPosted: 03/26/07 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's being reported on another site that Coach G is the new Texas coach. Where is the rebkell thread on this? I missed it.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
hoopfan24

PostPosted: 03/26/07 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NK wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
NK wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

Joanne Boyle California - Huge upside as a coach, but could not see her tolerating living in Texas.

Now just WTF is that supposed to mean?

BTW, for future reference. Austin is nothing like Texas.

I've heard that Austin is very different from the rest of Texas. However, my boyfriend is from Texas and every time he goes to visit his family, he tells me again why he can't live in Texas. Different way of thinking over there. Not saying it's wrong, just us Fruits and Nuts (as his uncle called us once) wouldn't make it over there and they wouldn't be too keen on our Tofu, Gingko Biloba, Agape, Woo, Woo, alternative lifestyle types. I think Joanne Boyle may be a Fruit or a Nut herself. She fits perfectly in Berkeley.

Having lived here nearly all of my life I think I can say with some degree of knowlege that you/your boyfriend don't know what you're talking about.

People have such bizarre ideas about Texas. Good, people like that need to stay away. All of us will be much happier in the long run.

Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome. Those with preconceived notions that they are somehow better than the rest of us can stay away. Or move to Austin, pretty much the same thing. Most of us believe in personal freedom and that's something Texans pride themselves in.

That's not the accepted way of thinking in Austin.

Austin is a great town. It could easily be the Berkeley of the southwest. It's too hot for me, and too far from the ocean and mountains, but the food, music and people are great! The cost of living is definitely cheaper than the bay area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: