RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NYC High School Playoffs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiperB

PostPosted: 03/18/07 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rush-Henrietta won the NYS Championship yesterday defeating Vandy bound Chanel Chisolm and North Babylon 66-46. They get the bye in the Federation Cup this year and will play the winner of PSAL and CHSAA.

PiperB

PostPosted: 03/18/07 9:33 am    ::: Re: Update Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:

7:00pm - Boys AA Championship

Boys & Girls High vs. Lincoln

The battle of Brooklyn
Ruth Lovelace trying to become the first female coach to win a PSAL boys championship
Lance Stephenson - supposedly the next great thing
The games they played in the regular season were classics. Who knows what can happen with a championship on the line.

Imagine if B & G still had Greedy?

hoopsfan13

PostPosted: 03/18/07 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh how I love Chyna Crosby she is a real pt.guard but I loved her game for several yrs now along with Iesia Walker. She is playing with the Gauchos this summer on the nike circuit and is their starting pt guard with 2010 standout Charmaine Tay of NJ... I think the younger classess in NY is real deep.I mean the talent is incredible. Especially the 2009 class and 2010 is another deep class with Doris Ortega(believe the hype) who has been an incredible freshman for Bergtaum this yr. can't wait to watch her grow, to think they have another freshman who is just as good but don't play on the bench and 09 Shanee Williams and Parnell and Leary for another yr. and with Ceecee Dixon might be transfering the rich keep getting richer. Shenise Johnson is the best player in the state hands down regardless of class. Top 10 player in the country heard she is considering UNC,LSU and Syracuse.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/19/07 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PiperB wrote:
Imagine if B & G still had Greedy?

Then they might not have gotten blown out in the 3rd quarter. Laughing Then maybe instead of turning the game into a rap concert, the rugrats would have been so distracted by the actual game that they would have kept their hands to themselves and their feet off the seats. Laughing

But alas, that's Brooklyn for ya. Offense meant, dammit.

hoopsfan13 wrote:
Oh how I love Chyna Crosby she is a real pt.guard but I loved her game for several yrs now along with Iesia Walker. She is playing with the Gauchos this summer on the nike circuit and is their starting pt guard with 2010 standout Charmaine Tay of NJ... I think the younger classess in NY is real deep.I mean the talent is incredible. Especially the 2009 class and 2010 is another deep class with Doris Ortega(believe the hype) who has been an incredible freshman for Bergtaum this yr. can't wait to watch her grow, to think they have another freshman who is just as good but don't play on the bench and 09 Shanee Williams and Parnell and Leary for another yr. and with Ceecee Dixon might be transfering the rich keep getting richer. Shenise Johnson is the best player in the state hands down regardless of class. Top 10 player in the country heard she is considering UNC,LSU and Syracuse.

I was wondering where the heck you were for this thread. Laughing I've seen Walker play briefly. But you're right the talent is incredible. This summer should be great. Ortega impressed me yesterday. She didn't break out, but she showed tremendous flashes as did Williams. I can only imagine what will happen when she becomes a first or second option. Why is Dixon transfering? I hope Johnson chooses Syracuse.

Congrats to SJB on beating Christ the King. Yesterday just wasn't a good day to be a Royal. Laughing
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/19/07 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke, Maryland, Rutgers, UConn, and others are already expressing interest in Ieasia Walker. I've been following her season this past year...some nice numbers.

I know she plays for Commack, but have any of you seen Sammy Prahalis play? I know UConn, RU, and others were said to be looking at her.

hoopsfan13

PostPosted: 03/22/07 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sammy is an amazing pt guard who can shoot the lights out the ball and has incredible court vision with the handle to match her dribble moves are so quick and low and she has an incredible feel for the game. Chyna Crosby on the nike circuit yes yes yes yes... Hey Harlem Bergtraum had a game scrimmage yesterday Ortega didn't play due to sickness but another freshman played and was amazing Ed Grezinsky turned to her and said why was u holding out on me.I think Bergtraum will win states this yr. On Ceecee Dixon she is real good friends with Ortega and Hazel and wants to play with them at Bergtraum she also failed off the team at CTK , I heard she is also not playing with the Belles for aau season she is staying with New Heights.. I hope Shenise Johnson chooses Syracuse too. I love her game, I hope they can handle the Bergtraum press but than again not many teams could.NY is going to have so many players in the top 100 in the country for the 2009 and 2010 classess.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/22/07 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopsfan13 wrote:
Sammy is an amazing pt guard who can shoot the lights out the ball and has incredible court vision with the handle to match her dribble moves are so quick and low and she has an incredible feel for the game. Chyna Crosby on the nike circuit yes yes yes yes... Hey Harlem Bergtraum had a game scrimmage yesterday Ortega didn't play due to sickness but another freshman played and was amazing Ed Grezinsky turned to her and said why was u holding out on me.I think Bergtraum will win states this yr. On Ceecee Dixon she is real good friends with Ortega and Hazel and wants to play with them at Bergtraum she also failed off the team at CTK , I heard she is also not playing with the Belles for aau season she is staying with New Heights.. I hope Shenise Johnson chooses Syracuse too. I love her game, I hope they can handle the Bergtraum press but than again not many teams could.NY is going to have so many players in the top 100 in the country for the 2009 and 2010 classess.

Whoa, whoa. China's playing on the Nike circuit? With who? The Gauchos? I just sat up in my chair. Damn. I thought she was with the Gazelles or is King doing Nike this year? I'm all confused and intrigued at the same time.

Everyone's saying watch out for Rush this year. I just hope MB doesn't have a letdown because they're playing SJB and not CTK. ABCDEFG. Laughing I'd really like for them to win State though just to prove people wrong. Everyone expected a huge letdown without Piph and Erica just did what she's always done. Tasha Harris is going to Syracuse too right?

If Dixon's not playing with the Belles, isn't that pretty much a given that she won't be with CTK? I can't imagine the Notorious J.I.L.L. going for one of her players playing for the evil New Heights empire.

BTW: Who won the JFK/Manhattan Center game?

PiperB

PostPosted: 03/22/07 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
hoopsfan13 wrote:

Whoa, whoa. China's playing on the Nike circuit? With who? The Gauchos? I just sat up in my chair. Damn. I thought she was with the Gazelles or is King doing Nike this year? I'm all confused and intrigued at the same time.

Everyone's saying watch out for Rush this year. I just hope MB doesn't have a letdown because they're playing SJB and not CTK. ABCDEFG. Laughing I'd really like for them to win State though just to prove people wrong. Everyone expected a huge letdown without Piph and Erica just did what she's always done. Tasha Harris is going to Syracuse too right?

If Dixon's not playing with the Belles, isn't that pretty much a given that she won't be with CTK? I can't imagine the Notorious J.I.L.L. going for one of her players playing for the evil New Heights empire.

BTW: Who won the JFK/Manhattan Center game?

I'm pretty sure JFK won. I think I read somewhere the schedule for the federation and JFK was the PSAL class A rep.

I think MB is the favorite vs Rush. I expect them to win by 12-15. Morrow and R-H guard Bria Jackson have some history. The only question for MB is who checks Johnson ??? Erica or Amelia. I think you let Erica check SJ and let Grandma check Bria Jackson. Shakeya is way better than Eva Riddick....Sharnee Williams can guard RH G Tremelanie McFadden. Let Amelia guard R-H's other player and provide help on Johnson. Offensively MB is better than any RH player is defensifely except at Johnson's spot. There's no way MB loses this one.

hoopsfan13

PostPosted: 03/23/07 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bergtraums beats RH by 10 to 20 because their team is overall better than RH but Shenise Johnson is something special yeah Chyna is playing with the Gauchos more exposure. Harriss is going to Syracue also. JFK defeated MC I believe I think I read that somewhere.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/23/07 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who else is playing with the Gauchos? I might have to catch some runs this year.

PiperB

PostPosted: 03/23/07 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
Who else is playing with the Gauchos? I might have to catch some runs this year.

De'Shana Stephens from CT, Charmaine Tay from NJ. Kim Watson, JFK played with them last year didn't she?

Hard to believe Chyna's not rollin with Jaywana or did JB break away from the Gazelle's.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/23/07 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PiperB wrote:
Hard to believe Chyna's not rollin with Jaywana or did JB break away from the Gazelle's.

That was my next question. I thought she was the reason for China playing with the Gazelles anyway. I can see why China would jump ship. She will get much more light with the Gauchos schedule as opposed to the Gazelles. But to play devil's advocate for a second, I thought Cecil was trying to regain national prominence anyway. Why not put the team in the top tournaments instead of letting your top player get away?

PiperB

PostPosted: 03/24/07 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Murray Bergtraum defeated Rush-Henrietta today in Glens Falls 47-33 in a sloppy turnover filled game. Neither team shot the ball well and Erica Morrow SHUT DOWN Shenise Johnson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: