RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NYC High School Playoffs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/13/07 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Sky Lindsay storms off

Quote:
Don't look now, but the Sky may be falling for Christ the King.

The Royals may be without guard Sky Lindsay for a third straight game when CK faces St. Michael Academy tomorrow at St. John's in the state Catholic AA semifinals.

Quote:
A person who attended a Royals practice early last week told the Daily News that Lindsay began screaming at CK coach Bob Mackey and stormed off the court.

"She told him, 'I don't have to listen to what you have to say,'" said the source, who asked not to be named. "Mr. Mackey reminded her that he is the coach and she left."

According to the source, the drama unfolded when Mackey asked Lindsay to run a play. Lindsay apparently disliked the play enough to tell the coach, "I don't want to run this play," and, "Why don't you ask your All-American (UConn-bound Lorin Dixon) to do it?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hschool/2007/03/13/2007-03-13_source_sky_lindsay_storms_off.html

Laughing
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/13/07 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too funny; did you call that one or what? Laughing

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/13/07 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Too funny; did you call that one or what? Laughing

Laughing It was just too obvious. Geno should just let Lorin loose on St. John's next season.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/13/07 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as is the case with almost everyone who thinks too highly of themselves, she'll learn the hard way.

PostPosted: 03/13/07 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

damnn, really who talks to there coach like that.

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/13/07 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My beef with Sky is that she's not just hurting her rep, she's hurting CTK. Instead of going out and proving that she deserves to be an AA (which she doesn't and Lorin does), she takes the easy way out. There's a State championship on the line here, not to mention they might not even get past St. Mikes for the CHSAA title.

And by the way, if she tripped on a flyer underneath less than a damn inch of soft snow, she's got bigger issues than playing ball. Clumsiness immediately comes to mind. Rolling Eyes
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/13/07 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My head is going all desky now.

Ohhhhh, KBA is gonna have *fun* with the Brigade of the Selectively Deaf.

PostPosted: 03/13/07 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's passed Niesha territory. This is Kaz 2007.

The best part is that the St. Mike's vs. CTK game is at St. John's which became available at the last minute......after Sky quit.....when SJU's men didn't make postseason play. Laughing

Every high school basketball fan in the city is going to be there and she's not even going to play in the symbolic passing of the torch game.

She's absolutely killing herself right now. I bet you she doesn't think that system is too strict now. Talk about cutting off your nose.

If she doesn't play and the rumors of her quitting are true, I'll have a new level of respect for Bob Mackey. Because if you had told me this a month ago, I'd say he'd do anything in the world to beat Apache and St. Mike's including stand on the Lindsay doorstep and beg.

She's putting a 23 year championship streak at jeopardy over an all-star team snub that really wasn't even a snub. 23 years!!!! Sue, Chamique, Carrem, Tina, et. al need to jump her if they lose.

I swear Apache better not lose this game. He will never hear the end of it.

PostPosted: 03/13/07 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
There's a State championship on the line here, not to mention they might not even get past St. Mikes for the CHSAA title.

Might not? They have NO chance against St. Mike's without Sky. They were already underdogs with her.

I wouldn't be surprized if she made a "miraculous" recovery by tomorrow. CTK will do whatever it takes to stop the "Evil Empire" from winning their first CHSAA crown.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/13/07 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
My head is going all desky now.

If it makes you feel any better, St. John's is pissed that she's not playing in this game on their home floor. They're missing a prize opportunity to showcase a top recruit. Laughing

timber wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

timber wrote:
The best part is that the St. Mike's vs. CTK game is at St. John's which became available at the last minute......after Sky quit.....when SJU's men didn't make postseason play. Laughing

Oh it sucks to be you Sky. It sucks to be you.

timber wrote:
If she doesn't play and the rumors of her quitting are true, I'll have a new level of respect for Bob Mackey. Because if you had told me this a month ago, I'd say he'd do anything in the world to beat Apache and St. Mike's including stand on the Lindsay doorstep and beg.

I still think he'll do exactly that for the reason below.

timber wrote:
She's putting a 23 year championship streak at jeopardy over an all-star team snub that really wasn't even a snub. 23 years!!!!

As much as it will look bad for Sky, it will look just as bad for Bob and the Notorious J.I.L.L. for this to happen on their watch. Damn the Sky, the mighty are falling. Where's the high and mighty "This doesn't happen at our fine institution" attitude now?

timber wrote:
I swear Apache better not lose this game. He will never hear the end of it.

PiperB wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
There's a State championship on the line here, not to mention they might not even get past St. Mikes for the CHSAA title.

Might not? They have NO chance against St. Mike's without Sky. They were already underdogs with her.

I wouldn't be surprized if she made a "miraculous" recovery by tomorrow. CTK will do whatever it takes to stop the "Evil Empire" from winning their first CHSAA crown.

I was rooting for St. Mikes LAST year and they let me down. They have a habit of doing so. I never say never when you're dealing with teenage minds and a basketball. I never would have thought JFK was 30 points better than Manhattan Center either. But I would like to be there for the party when CTK loses tomorrow with or without Sky. Laughing
timber

PostPosted: 03/13/07 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let her play. No tainted victories. I wanted to see CTK get beat and relish in that for a year, not hear about how St. Mike's only won because CTK didn't have its leading scorer.

As long as the refs don't get out of pocket and try to even the playing field, St. Mike's has this. I for one will be happy to see the streak end and I might even have to make a trip up to Glens Falls to see the crowning of a new Federation champ.

Sucks for Lorin and the rest of the players who actually made a commitment to the team and had nothing to do with this.

Sucks for St. John's fans who were looking forward to an up close and personal view.

Sucks for the fans who wanted to see a full strength battle between St. Mikes and CTK in a year we actually thought St. Mikes could win it out right.

In the end though, it could really suck for Sky.

The most overlooked part of this is that Ed G probably won't go on and on in the papers about how selfish Sky is the way Bob came at Piph and Bergtraum after 113.

PostPosted: 03/13/07 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
Let her play. No tainted victories. I wanted to see CTK get beat and relish in that for a year, not hear about how St. Mike's only won because CTK didn't have its leading scorer.

And that's exactly what the CTK/Liberty Belle crew is going to say. I also agree that G probably won't be poking his chest out about how "that wouldn't happen here" like Bob did.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/13/07 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:

Niesha had a separate set of issues in college. But she was an amazing player...could score, rebound, pass, create off the dribble. Just needed to cut down the turnovers and shoot the three with more consistency and she had "lottery pick" written all over her. She had her press conference to announce her college decision at MSG!!!

And in the looks department, Sky can't even hold Niesha's makeup bag. Heck, she could use Niesha's makeup and still not look half as good. Niesha could have her hair back, dripping with sweat, while playing...and still look like a supermodel.

Kaz had Psycho Dad as well...had more (self- and Dad-created) hype and less substance than Niesha.

And both ended up in Liberty training camps.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/13/07 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Kaz had Psycho Dad as well...had more (self- and Dad-created) hype and less substance than Niesha.

It's looking like the Kaz reference is on point. Some are saying her mother is behind this.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/13/07 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

And both ended up in Liberty training camps.

Well, her psycho dad wasn't posting on message boards now, was he?
Is that a NY thing? Laughing

PostPosted: 03/15/07 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christ the King: 45...St. Michael's: 44

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hschool/2007/03/15/2007-03-15_dixon_ck_steal_spot_in_finals-2.html

How did St. Mike's not win this game Confused ?

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/15/07 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
I was rooting for St. Mikes LAST year and they let me down. They have a habit of doing so. I never say never when you're dealing with teenage minds and a basketball. I never would have thought JFK was 30 points better than Manhattan Center either.

Confused
timber

PostPosted: 03/15/07 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

Anjale Barrett went down.

Too much Lorin Dixon.

Aimee Levine stepped up.

Missed free throws and layups.

Questionable no calls.

Lack of late game poise.

Misc:

Sky at the end of the bench....I won't say her family was rooting for St. Mike's, but they weren't rooting for CTK.

A few near fights......in the stands. Yet they talk about the PSAL crowd being the rowdy ones. Rolling Eyes

Good to see Tina and Geno in attendance.

PostPosted: 03/16/07 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:

Anjale Barrett went down.

From what I hear, she will be undergoing surgery for an MCL tear. Hopefully she'll be ok in time for her freshman year at Maryland.
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 03/16/07 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
That is really unfuckingbelievable that the FFO's minions didn't know/care about such a great opportunity to market the team. I mean, really, what else could you ask for...that's marketing 101, your target audience all at the same place just waiting to be evangelized. And I thought after they had a focus group meeting with some of the posters here, they'd get it, but NO, that was a waste of time. Seriously. Rolling Eyes

I think the problem is that they don't have minions. I think there are like 4 people working for the Libs. Including Blaze and Patty. I'm only half-joking here. Still, screw the minions...Blaze or Patty or Patty's sister should be there. Curious...was anyone from Rutgers there?? Or do they get to come to practice to check these girls out when nobody's looking?

Dayum. I wish I could have gone. Dammit.

timber

PostPosted: 03/16/07 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
That is really unfuckingbelievable that the FFO's minions didn't know/care about such a great opportunity to market the team. I mean, really, what else could you ask for...that's marketing 101, your target audience all at the same place just waiting to be evangelized. And I thought after they had a focus group meeting with some of the posters here, they'd get it, but NO, that was a waste of time. Seriously. Rolling Eyes

I think the problem is that they don't have minions. I think there are like 4 people working for the Libs. Including Blaze and Patty. I'm only half-joking here. Still, screw the minions...Blaze or Patty or Patty's sister should be there. Curious...was anyone from Rutgers there?? Or do they get to come to practice to check these girls out when nobody's looking?

Dayum. I wish I could have gone. Dammit.

I know the Lib staff is stretched thin...personally, that's a management problem, but that's another story for another time.

You don't need minions though. All it takes is a phone call. Trust, the PSAL has more than enough employees for this to be a pain free, turn key operation for the Libs.

They could have had an ad in the program guide, a banner under the baskets, and a couple of announcements about tickets being on sale April 4th during the games from the PA guy.

They could have had a raffle at the door giving away tickets with the proceeds from the raffle going to the non profit PSAL and supporting girls high school basketball in the city....promote good will.

When Spoon, Sue, Tim Thomas and Stephon Marbury show up to these events, they don't make it about them....they just support and cheer like everybody else. That's all that should be and is expected of the Liberty....especially since it's not like they are exactly the hottest ticket in town anymore.

No one is even asking the Liberty to be there.....but the brand should have been represented.

C Viv and Jolette know their way around the city and are around whenever Rutgers isn't in the thick of things. Same with Geno. I see them more than I see Kim Barnes-Arico.

PostPosted: 03/16/07 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
I see them more than I see Kim Barnes-Arico.

I guess if you want to see KBA, you have to check out LI. Because that's where all the great basketball in NY is played...NOT.

timber

PostPosted: 03/16/07 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
timber wrote:
I see them more than I see Kim Barnes-Arico.

I guess if you want to see KBA, you have to check out LI. Because that's where all the great basketball in NY is played...NOT.

Laughing I'm telling you, I was half expecting to find out that Sky was born in Copaigue or something when I heard she was going to SJU.

It's time for KBA to realize she's not at Adelphi anymore. I mean, Geno's going to get who Geno wants, but at least give C Viv some run for these recruits. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/16/07 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
I know the Lib staff is stretched thin...personally, that's a management problem, but that's another story for another time.

You don't need minions though. All it takes is a phone call. Trust, the PSAL has more than enough employees for this to be a pain free, turn key operation for the Libs.

They could have had an ad in the program guide, a banner under the baskets, and a couple of announcements about tickets being on sale April 4th during the games from the PA guy.

They could have had a raffle at the door giving away tickets with the proceeds from the raffle going to the non profit PSAL and supporting girls high school basketball in the city....promote good will.

When Spoon, Sue, Tim Thomas and Stephon Marbury show up to these events, they don't make it about them....they just support and cheer like everybody else. That's all that should be and is expected of the Liberty....especially since it's not like they are exactly the hottest ticket in town anymore.

No one is even asking the Liberty to be there.....but the brand should have been represented.

C Viv and Jolette know their way around the city and are around whenever Rutgers isn't in the thick of things. Same with Geno. I see them more than I see Kim Barnes-Arico.

Even the Sun know to do this; they speak every year at the CIAC state championship banquet (Whalen last year, Carey this year), they have a standup ticket type ad thing in the lobby at the state finals location, and they hang a jersey from each class state champion in the concourse of the arena for the summer.

They don't do anything else all year, but they at least know the championships are a marketing dream

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/18/07 9:06 am    ::: Update Reply Reply with quote

Tonight at Madison Square Garden:

5:00pm - Girls AA Championship

Bergtraum vs. JFK

Morrow vs. McMorris
The Bergtraum streak on the line
JFK was the one PSAL team that stayed in the gym with Bergtraum this year.

7:00pm - Boys AA Championship

Boys & Girls High vs. Lincoln

The battle of Brooklyn
Ruth Lovelace trying to become the first female coach to win a PSAL boys championship
Lance Stephenson - supposedly the next great thing
The games they played in the regular season were classics. Who knows what can happen with a championship on the line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: