RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NYC High School Playoffs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/05/07 1:54 pm    ::: NYC High School Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

Marquette and Syracuse - Shocked You're getting gems.

I went to the PSAL quarterfinals yesterday, spending a Sunday watching girls basketball and came away very impressed. The crowds keep growing and getting more enthusiastic every year. Both sets of bleachers in Hunter were open (and packed) and security actually had to act like they had a pulse. They really need to do something about the food situation if they're going to hold 7-8 hours worth of games there.

1. The Big East is truley no longer confined to UCONN and Rutgers. Syracuse/Bergtraum's Erica Murrow was her usual steady self. Marquette/JFK's Tatianna McMorris was incredible. She had one terrible turnover that was bad in an Iverson being challenged by Tyron Lue sort of way. Then you've got Sky Lindsay going to St. John's. Wow.

2. Anyone (Timber, Hoopsfan) know where Chena Parker and Ashley Cox are going to be next year?

3. Most frustrating player: Kim Watson. She's got to be at least 6'3. I'm going to need her to be a tad more dominant - after next week.

4. What the hell happened to Lincoln? Marissa Austin fouls out in 12 damn minutes? She had 8 of the team's first 12 points. How as a coach do you leave arguably your best player, or anyone else for that matter in the game with 3 fouls in the 1st quarter? How do you as a coach rationalize this player fouling out in the SECOND QUARTER? Everybody in the gym knew how many fouls she had. Was Greg Smith trying to give away the game? WTF?!

5. Chyna Crosby is the truth. She is the point guard's point guard. That handle - oh my goodness. If Manhattan Center does not make it to MSG in her tenure it damn sure won't be because of her. In terms of who can really excel at the next level and beyond, I like her game more than any other point guard in the city. Everytime I've seen her play she's improved. She's steady out there. And I'm not just saying that because of the Manhattan Center pedigree.

6. I can't wait for the Crosby/McMorris showdown next week. But I give Manhattan Center the edge over JFK overall because they have better post play. See point #3.

Anyway, I sincerely hope we get that Bergtraum/Manhattan Center matchup at The Garden on the 18th. MCSM might get blown out of the damn building, but at least we'll have fun in the stands. It would also be great experience for Jaywanna and the players for when Erica Murrow isn't around next year to torture everyone. Then again, we said the same thing about Bergtraum when Piph left - and McFadden and Bobbitt and on and on.

To those in the New York area, if you want to see an exciting display of women's basketball, which you won't see this summer from that pro team of yours, you should make it your business to head out to Hunter College this Saturday (3/10). The B division starts things off at 11. Then the A division.

But the AA semifinals aka the real games start at 6 with Manhattan Center taking on JFK High School which could very well be the game of the year, followed by an absolute blowout - oops, matchup between the team, the myth, the legend - Bergtraum and poor Midwood (Melanie Murphy's alma mater). Dammit get there early because these schools roll deeper than Kara Braxton. Laughing
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/07 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trust, you do NOT want Hunter to handle the food situation. That shit is nasty. Besides, what're they gonna do, haul some of the vending machines down from the second floor?

PostPosted: 03/05/07 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Trust, you do NOT want Hunter to handle the food situation. That shit is nasty. Besides, what're they gonna do, haul some of the vending machines down from the second floor?

Shit do something. People were sitting there starving for 8 hours because they couldn't bring in food but they couldn't leave the gym either. Move your feet, lose your seat was in FULL effect yesterday. Luckily, some of us knew security and were able to smuggle in some Chinese. But I blame it more on the PSAL though. They need to get a bigger venue. Maybe now that they're separating from the DOE, they will.
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/07 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Shit do something. People were sitting there starving for 8 hours because they couldn't bring in food but they couldn't leave the gym either. Move your feet, lose your seat was in FULL effect yesterday. Luckily, some of us knew security and were able to smuggle in some Chinese. But I blame it more on the PSAL though. They need to get a bigger venue. Maybe now that they're separating from the DOE, they will.

Y'all couldn't bring in food? What the hell? That's gotta be a PSAL thing- Hunter doesn't blink if you bring a hero or a McD's bag into a Hunter game. I've done it. Maybe they were afraid people would have stuff hidden in the bags? *shrug*

PostPosted: 03/05/07 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Y'all couldn't bring in food? What the hell? That's gotta be a PSAL thing- Hunter doesn't blink if you bring a hero or a McD's bag into a Hunter game. I've done it. Maybe they were afraid people would have stuff hidden in the bags? *shrug*

I think it was for the high school kids moreso than anything, but just to be "fair" they said no to everyone. No need for the joint to be looking like a nasty ass high school cafeteria when you've got a quadruple header to get through. With the pat downs and prancing through the metal detectors, you'd have had to be 007 to get something in there although McDonalds does kill. I don't know. Every PSAL big wig was in the building and they were as hungry and pissed as everyone else.

Maybe when they split and become their own entity, they'll change facilities or start splitting concessions with the host. I know that's what they used to do back in the day when they had the games at Elmcor in Queens.
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 03/05/07 10:33 pm    ::: Re: NYC High School Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:

Yeah - why aren't those girls goin' to Rutgers??

harlem_basketball wrote:
To those in the New York area, if you want to see an exciting display of women's basketball, which you won't see this summer from that pro team of yours, you should make it your business to head out to Hunter College this Saturday (3/10). The B division starts things off at 11. Then the A division.

But the AA semifinals aka the real games start at 6 with Manhattan Center taking on JFK High School which could very well be the game of the year, followed by an absolute blowout - oops, matchup between the team, the myth, the legend - Bergtraum and poor Midwood (Melanie Murphy's alma mater). Dammit get there early because these schools roll deeper than Kara Braxton. Laughing

damn, damn, damn! my niece is visiting late afternoon and we're going out for dinner and a really, really good play on the 10th. it's a big deal. she's taking the SATs in the morning.

but the 18th! now that I can do! could you please keep me posted here? I'm overwhelmed lately and it's hard to keep up with everything but I'd hate to miss the finals on the 18th if it's gonna be a good matchup. i'll have to get tickets...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/06/07 1:22 am    ::: Re: NYC High School Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

[quote="thesixthwoman"]
harlem_basketball wrote:

Because Rutgers has plenty of young guards...Prince, Jernigan, etc., plus Rushdan coming in.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/06/07 12:10 pm    ::: Re: NYC High School Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:

1. Rutgers has enough guards and will have a hard enough time next year preventing players from bitching about minutes. I'd imagine that's why Shannon chose Tennessee.

2. The city kids all decided to flood the college ranks and be stars at their own programs. They want to continue to play against each other. Imagine all of the great matchups next year between teams like Syracuse and Rutgers (Erica vs. Piph) or UConn/St. John's (Tina & Lorin vs. Sky), etc. Then you've got Barrett on her way to Maryland. Wow. Off the top of my head, I think we've got Duke, UConn, Tennessee, Maryland, Rutgers, Georgetown, Marquette, Va. Tech, Morgan State, UMass, St. John's, Syracuse, Stanford, Miami, Baylor and probably some other schools I'm missing covered with PSAL/CHSAA girls over the next 5 years. And there's a couple of great classes coming up right behind them.

thesixthwoman wrote:
damn, damn, damn! my niece is visiting late afternoon and we're going out for dinner and a really, really good play on the 10th. it's a big deal. she's taking the SATs in the morning.

but the 18th! now that I can do! could you please keep me posted here? I'm overwhelmed lately and it's hard to keep up with everything but I'd hate to miss the finals on the 18th if it's gonna be a good matchup. i'll have to get tickets...

Well that sucks. I'll keep you posted though. I make no promises if Manhattan Center loses though.
timber

PostPosted: 03/06/07 7:37 pm    ::: Re: NYC High School Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
5. Chyna Crosby is the truth. She is the point guard's point guard. That handle - oh my goodness. If Manhattan Center does not make it to MSG in her tenure it damn sure won't be because of her. In terms of who can really excel at the next level and beyond, I like her game more than any other point guard in the city. Everytime I've seen her play she's improved. She's steady out there. And I'm not just saying that because of the Manhattan Center pedigree.

PostPosted: 03/07/07 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She just better bring it vs. JFK. I doubt I'd even bother to watch JFK vs. Bergtraum, let alone get up early to go to MSG for it.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/07 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Timber and Harlem...have you seen Tahira Johnson of CTK? Thoughts?

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/07/07 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I'm a public school head. Catholic ball does nothing for me. Laughing I've heard of her but I have yet to see her play. I know she plays AAU with the Liberty Belles, correct?
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/07 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I'm a public school head. Catholic ball does nothing for me. Laughing I've heard of her but I have yet to see her play. I know she plays AAU with the Liberty Belles, correct?

Believe so, but basically everyone from CTK plays for the Belles.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/07/07 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Believe so, but basically everyone from CTK plays for the Belles.

I know and for some reason that doesn't sit too well with me.
harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/11/07 1:32 pm    ::: Update Reply Reply with quote

It's going to be JFK vs. Bergtraum at the Garden next Sunday at 5pm. As for now, I doubt I'll go. But that's due to the fact that JFK absolutely slaughtered my alma mater Manhattan Center to get there. However, watching Bergtraum beat the snot out of JFK at the Garden might be therapeutic. Laughing

Hunter College was packed to the gills and again absolutely NO NY Liberty representation. Do they even play in New York City anymore? Or are they going to just play their games at Nassau Coliseum now? It's not like a fire code breaking number of people packed in a gym less than a mile from your arena for a few girls high school basketball games is a place to promote fun, affordable entertainment. It's not like fans who bring their own damn thundersticks, pom poms and noise makers while screaming their heads off even as their team is down by 25 are the types you'd want at a Lib game. Instead of having Patty Soprano calling people who obviously don't want to be bothered, shit, nevermind. Fuck it. Fuck them if they haven't gotten it in 11 years. Rolling Eyes

So Marquette fans - McMorris had 26. I don't know how her game is going to translate on the college level but in her current role, she is a straight up attacker. Aggressive is not sufficient enough to describe her offensive mentality. Defensively, eh, she's aiight.

China Crosby is still the truth. Although she didn't play anywhere near her best, you couldn't help but to respect that she was still playing her heart out at the end. But early on she was pressing way too much and trying to make the homerun play. She played like the anxious sophomore that she is. Meanwhile Tatiyana McMorris played like a senior who had been here before and would have ran through anyone to finally get to MSG. On the other end, MC's seniors were barely in the building.

It's all good though. With the new PSAL rule, Manhattan Center and Midwood play for the right to play JFK (who will inevitably lose to Bergtraum). The winner goes Upstate to rep NYC in the A state championship. Thank goodness because NYC's A league sucks and if we let one of those teams represent us (like we did in the past), we'd have no chance in hell of winning.

As for the Syracuse fans - Erica Murrow had another Erica Murrow game. She's got the red hair back which means that basically Bergtraum is going to win their what is it - 9th or 10th in a row. That's 9th or 10th CHAMPIONSHIP in a row, by the way. I hope one day she'll have a reason to break out the red hair in a Syracuse uni.

Oh, St. John's fans - what's this I hear about Sky Lindsay getting pissed off at Teflon Bob Mackey and quitting, yes I said QUITTING - CTK basketball? Didn't play in their last playoff game, questionable for the CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens championship and basically said "F yall" for the final run of her high school career. I swear, everything I like about Lorin Dixon, Sky Lindsay does not even possess.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/11/07 1:51 pm    ::: Re: Update Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
Oh, St. John's fans - what's this I hear about Sky Lindsay getting pissed off at Teflon Bob Mackey and quitting, yes I said QUITTING - CTK basketball? Didn't play in their last playoff game, questionable for the CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens championship and basically said "F yall" for the final run of her high school career. I swear, everything I like about Lorin Dixon, Sky Lindsay does not even possess.

Blurb on the situation:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03112007/sports/morrow_fuels_bergtraum_sports_dan_martin.htm

Quote:
Christ the King will play Mary Louis for the CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens title tonight and Sky Lindsay's status remains unknown. The St. John's-bound senior missed the Royals' last game after sources said she got upset with the coaching staff and quit the team.

People are speculating that it might be because Lorin Dixon will be playing in the HS All-Star games and she won't be.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/07 3:21 pm    ::: Re: Update Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:

So Marquette fans - McMorris had 26. I don't know how her game is going to translate on the college level but in her current role, she is a straight up attacker. Aggressive is not sufficient enough to describe her offensive mentality. Defensively, eh, she's aiight.

Thanks for the updates on McMorris. It will be fun to see her play at Marquette next season. And it's good to see Marquette picking up an East Coast recruit - that didn't really happen in the pre-Big East days.

timber

PostPosted: 03/11/07 3:37 pm    ::: Re: Update Reply Reply with quote

Although I was rooting for Manhattan Center, I'm happy for Tati and Coach Glenn.

I couldn't be too mad at the results seeing as the atmosphere was absolutely incredible at Hunter. It was a great day for girls high school basketball in this city.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

She's very athletic but needs work fundamentally. Other than that, I pretty much spend most of my time trying to keep up with Lorin when I watch Christ the King.

harlem_basketball wrote:
Hunter College was packed to the gills and again absolutely NO NY Liberty representation. Do they even play in New York City anymore? Or are they going to just play their games at Nassau Coliseum now? It's not like a fire code breaking number of people packed in a gym less than a mile from your arena for a few girls high school basketball games is a place to promote fun, affordable entertainment. It's not like fans who bring their own damn thundersticks, pom poms and noise makers while screaming their heads off even as their team is down by 25 are the types you'd want at a Lib game. Instead of having Patty Soprano calling people who obviously don't want to be bothered, shit, nevermind. Fuck it. Fuck them if they haven't gotten it in 11 years. Rolling Eyes

Please. Join the club. The last straw for me was a Tina Charles vs. Epiphany Prince match up captivating 10,000 fans last year at MSG and watching the Liberty do absolutely nothing.

Like I've said a million times....Spoon knows where IS8 is. Spoon knows when the PSAL playoffs are. Spoon knows PSAL administration. Spoon knows about West 4th and Rucker. Spoon's been to Elmcor. Spoon's played at Riverbank, BBC and St. John's Rec in Brooklyn.

Spoon knows most of these kids and most of these coaches just like she knows damn near everyone else who's anyone in NYC men's and women's basketball.

Yet it's not like someone handed her a "Guide to New York City Basketball" at JFK back in '97 that the FFO somehow missed out on. The Liberty obviously have Spoon's number. The work is done for them already.

It's also not like this hasn't been done. It's not like Connecticut doesn't have a program reaching out to high school basketball teams and fans....and last I checked they weren't the ones with the severe decline in attendance.

harlem_basketball wrote:
It's all good though. With the new PSAL rule, Manhattan Center and Midwood play for the right to play JFK (who will inevitably lose to Bergtraum). The winner goes Upstate to rep NYC in the A state championship. Thank goodness because NYC's A league sucks and if we let one of those teams represent us (like we did in the past), we'd have no chance in hell of winning.

I agree that it's probably best in terms of giving us a chance to be well represented, but it does take away that opportunity from a real A squad to have a AA team playing for the championship.

But the A league is just some bad basketball.

harlem_basketball wrote:
what's this I hear about Sky Lindsay getting pissed off at Teflon Bob Mackey and quitting, yes I said QUITTING - CTK basketball? Didn't play in their last playoff game, questionable for the CHSAA Brooklyn/Queens championship and basically said "F yall" for the final run of her high school career. I swear, everything I like about Lorin Dixon, Sky Lindsay does not even possess.

I'm not a fan. I've never been a fan. I probably never will be.

Her arrival to St. John's does nothing for me and I will gladly cheer for every other NYC Big East player to beat the living daylights out of the Red Storm for the next 4 years...even if I was born and raised a St. John's fan from Queens.

I would not be the least bit upset if she persues a modeling career instead. In fact it would be fitting since she's another Niesha Butler although not necessarily in Niesha's league in either arena.

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
People are speculating that it might be because Lorin Dixon will be playing in the HS All-Star games and she won't be.

*Gasp* Sky jealous of Lorin? What an absolute shocker!

We're talking about a kid who gets mad because Lorin took a last second shot.....instead of passing the ball to her...not during a close game and not a last second shot in the game mind you.....................

a last second shot to end the first half.

PostPosted: 03/11/07 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harlem BB - Like your posts. Just FYI, it's Erica M"O"rrow.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/11/07 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, great, we're getting a headcase? NOW you people tell me our backup point guard is a diva who has issues sharing the backcourt? NOW I get to find out she's gonna have issues with our star players?

(*&^&(*&*&^%*(&(%^$#%^&*()!!!!!

PostPosted: 03/11/07 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie,

You still have one of my alltime favorites - NJR. Just keep on her about the weight.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/11/07 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PiperB wrote:
Queenie,

You still have one of my alltime favorites - NJR. Just keep on her about the weight.

If I get on her, can I also get on her for her seeming inability to listen to her damn coach? I sit center court, fourth row, and I can't count the number of times I've heard Coach shrieking "NIKKI! NIKKI, MOVE!" at her repeatedly.

[/threadjack]

PostPosted: 03/12/07 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Thanks for the updates on McMorris. It will be fun to see her play at Marquette next season. And it's good to see Marquette picking up an East Coast recruit - that didn't really happen in the pre-Big East days.

No problem.

timber wrote:
I couldn't be too mad at the results seeing as the atmosphere was absolutely incredible at Hunter. It was a great day for girls high school basketball in this city.

Absolutely.

timber wrote:
Like I've said a million times....Spoon knows where IS8 is. Spoon knows when the PSAL playoffs are. Spoon knows PSAL administration. Spoon knows about West 4th and Rucker. Spoon's been to Elmcor. Spoon's played at Riverbank, BBC and St. John's Rec in Brooklyn.

Spoon knows most of these kids and most of these coaches just like she knows damn near everyone else who's anyone in NYC men's and women's basketball.

Yet it's not like someone handed her a "Guide to New York City Basketball" at JFK back in '97 that the FFO somehow missed out on.

Laughing And they wonder why fans want her around in some capacity, even if it's as Kym's professional jar opening assistant. It was funny as hell when she was on the Sparks and was still at more NYC events than the Libs.

That would be too much like right, expecting the FFO to actually get to know New York City beyond the 4 block radius surrounding MSG. They have no connection to most of the city. I also don't understand it because the Knicks are the exact opposite so you can't even blame it on the big bad corporate machine that is MSG. Their community relations/fan development/field marketing staffs have tabs on everything going on no matter how big or small it is. You could argue that that's because they have as many people in those departments as the Liberty do in their whole front office, but it's not like they're in different buildings. And everything the boys/men have in this city, the girls/women have their own version of and it's usually all run by the same people. All it takes is attending one of these things or meeting one of these top coaches/whoever and it's like Pandora's box. If you know high school ball, you know summer ball, you know AAU ball, you know where the camps are, etc.

PiperB wrote:
Harlem BB - Like your posts. Just FYI, it's Erica M"O"rrow.

Thanks.

Queenie wrote:
Oh, great, we're getting a headcase? NOW you people tell me our backup point guard is a diva who has issues sharing the backcourt? NOW I get to find out she's gonna have issues with our star players?

(*&^&(*&*&^%*(&(%^$#%^&*()!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Sky's issues have been touched on in at least one of the high school/summer ball threads dating back to last year. She's always had issues about being overshadowed, whether it was getting noticed on a team with Tina and Lorin or feeling Bergtraum undeservedly gets more love from the city than CTK or feeling prissy girls have to work harder to get respect on the court. It's part of the package and if KBA didn't figure it out while recruiting her, she's blind. She's a very good player when she wants to be but she gets stuck on meaningless things. The advantage is that she's young and hopefully will grow out of the immaturity. She's a good kid when she gets the attention she wants.

timber wrote:
I'm not a fan. I've never been a fan. I probably never will be.

Her arrival to St. John's does nothing for me and I will gladly cheer for every other NYC Big East player to beat the living daylights out of the Red Storm for the next 4 years...even if I was born and raised a St. John's fan from Queens.

I would not be the least bit upset if she persues a modeling career instead. In fact it would be fitting since she's another Niesha Butler although not necessarily in Niesha's league in either arena.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sky is no Niesha on the court or in front of the camera. I think we can all agree on that. Laughing Sky was cool up until her junior year. And no one can take away the fact that she's a very good player. She's just a little Leslie-ish.

Quote:
Lindsay has already modeled designer jeans and dresses, and isn't shy about discussing what she liked best about the experience.

"I love all the attention," the 17-year-old said. "You constantly have someone fixing your hair and catering to you. I love the fact that in that moment, when I'm modeling, all eyes are on me."

Quote:
Lindsay said she also enjoys how modeling can cut against the grain of the "tomboy stereotype" that gets attached to many women who play basketball.

Quote:
Lindsay appears to have made the best of her opportunity at the Middle Village high school, and hopes to do the same at Fresh Meadows over the next four years. Lindsay says that she has had to conform to Mackey's strict system at CK, but hopes to turn her game loose with the Red Storm.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hschool/2007/03/07/2007-03-07_ck_shooting_for_sky.html

Quote:
"I was really nervous about the (title) streak ending to Mary Louis, but I knew I had to step it up the whole game," Dixon said. "You don't want to be the team to lose that streak. Everybody has to pick up the slack that Sky normally does."

When asked about Lindsay's continued absence and rumors about a rift between her and the coaching staff, Mackey said she was still "sick," although he didn't elaborate.

"The school got a call on Wednesday that she would be absent," Mackey said. "Our rules are pretty clear - if you're not in school, you can't play."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hschool/2007/03/12/2007-03-12_dixon_swoops_in_to_carry_ck_to_23rd_stra-2.html
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/12/07 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is really unfuckingbelievable that the FFO's minions didn't know/care about such a great opportunity to market the team. I mean, really, what else could you ask for...that's marketing 101, your target audience all at the same place just waiting to be evangelized. And I thought after they had a focus group meeting with some of the posters here, they'd get it, but NO, that was a waste of time. Seriously. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/12/07 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
That is really unfuckingbelievable that the FFO's minions didn't know/care about such a great opportunity to market the team. I mean, really, what else could you ask for...that's marketing 101, your target audience all at the same place just waiting to be evangelized.

What's even worse is that many of these people are people who USED to be Liberty regulars.

It's not even like Hunter's in another borough. It's right there. It's not like this was some underground thing that you had to whisper a code to get into. And even then, hell, Sue's even at the games that people find out about at the last minute from the friend of a friend of the coach.

But the PSAL is always the beginning of March. The championship game is AT the Garden and has been for YEARS. I mean, Spoon sits fucking courtside at the damn game the majority of the time.

But back to Hunter. I mean, these weren't just a bunch of parents sitting there golf clapping for their daughters. Nor were these the type of people that just had nothing better to do on a Saturday. Hell, if they're willing to sit on those hard ass bleechers for hours, it should be easy to get them to sit at MSG for 2 hours for $5 more.

You had everyone, parents, the elusive teen market, basketball fans, old folks, etc. You had white, black, men, women, etc. And it wasn't like you had the same 1500 people sitting there for every game. It was 1500 AT A TIME for 6 games over the course of the Sunday before last and this past Saturday and that's not even counting the people that were there for the A and B league games.

And they were loud.

Like I said, Manhattan Center's crew bought their own pom poms, their own thundersticks, their own noisemakers and was cheering for Manhattan Center well after the team was down by 20+ as the Liberty often will be this year. Laughing

And in case the FFO thinks it's just another case of OGS why these fans are so supportive, go to the championship game of a summer tournament in the dead of August and see how many people are there watching college players/semi & overseas pros.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: