RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

CP3 vs DT3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbri131014

PostPosted: 02/27/07 12:46 pm    ::: Re: Good Side? Reply Reply with quote

Daddychoc wrote:
Im on your bad side already? WOW! that was quick......

When does the "So Excited" tour start?

LOL nah your not i was just kidding.. there is no tour.. It was announced today that Janet is going to star in the Movie version of Tyler Perry's play Why did i get married. But that is an Area 51 topic lol. and we cool no worries lol ive been attacked alot worse on this board before!

Daddychoc

PostPosted: 02/27/07 1:31 pm    ::: attacked? Reply Reply with quote

I attacked you, I dont think so. We just disagreed on a topic.

Reading these message boards makes it very hard to understand a person's opinion. Thats the BIGGEST problem.

Its hard to go back and forth with 3-5 hours in between the last comment.

Its nice to hear that a movie is coming out and my wife Janet will be starring in it.

giraffespots

PostPosted: 02/27/07 1:46 pm    ::: Re: either or? Reply Reply with quote

Daddychoc wrote:
All the good/great players complain, ALL OF THEM!

AHHHHH, so THATS why you eastcoasters don't think Courtney Paris is a great player!!! Wink

PostPosted: 02/27/07 1:51 pm    ::: Courtney? Reply Reply with quote

ok we're sorry for not including her in this discussion but Diana, Candace, & WNBA players

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 02/27/07 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am ever amused that I can raise hackles with the least suggestion that she may not be the Best Player in America. I am further amused that, even though I have stated often, and clearly, that my knock is not with Candace, but with ESPNs foregone conclusion that she is BPIA, the inevitable response is that I hate Candace.

I am intrigued that so many folks are so conditioned to accept marketing hype that they respond in anger to statement that calls it such, or suggests that the hype isnt supported by the facts. Im afraid youd lynch me if I said some blonde white chick with big titties wasnt the Sexiest Woman Alive.

For the record, I believe that ESPN has engaged in a subtle, year-long campaign to annoint Parker as BPIA. I believe ESPN has done so because Parkers talent makes her a top prospect for the WNBA. But more so, Parker has a lean, athletic build which fits the WNBA model. More so, Parker has lighter skin tone and features that are more Caucasian than many other African American athletes. And yes, I believe ESPN is capable of that form of racism.

For the record, the numbers set forth below do not support a conclusion that Parker is the *best* player in America. She is not in the top ten in any statistical category. For those who would argue that UTs schedule prevents her from being the top in any category, I am presenting for comparison other athletes who play in top conferences, or against top competition.

For those who would argue that Parker can play every position, compare her to other forwards. Note that Whittington, Larkins and Brown are better rebounders; Wisdom-Hylton, Pringle and Wilson are better rebounders; Larkins, Brown and Houston shoot better.

As you can see, many players outdo Parker in every category. Many players outdo Parker in multiple categories.

One player in particular, Courtney Paris, outshines Parker significantly in every category in which they both appear. While Parker is not top five in any category, Paris is top five in every category (in which she appears) except FG%, where she is 11th.

Courtney Paris was also the fastest woman in history to reach the 1000/700 mark. And she has registered double-doubles in all but three of her college games. But ESPN rarely mentions Courtney Paris, even though she and Parker are in the same class. I believe this is because Paris does not fit ESPNs profile for marketing. She is big, her skin is darker than Parkers and her features are not as white.

In plain, blunt terms, ESPN isnt telling you who the BPIA is, it is marketing an illusion of BPIA, just like when the media tells your Scarlet Johanson is the sexiest woman alive. And some of you believe it so thoroughly that you react with the bulletin board equivalent of a punch in the nose when someone tells you otherwise.

Finally, for the record, I have no problem with Parkers mouth, because that stuff has a way of evening itself out. If UT finds itself down eight to Duke in a national semifinal, with under a minute to play, I guarantee you, Parker wont be woofing.

Scoring: Parker ranks 12th. Paris ranks 3d, others in top 12 are from mid-majors.

Rebounding: Parker ranks 30th. Paris ranks 2d behind Lachelle Lyles of SWMS; other notables ranking above Parker: Sylvia Fowles, LSU; Angel McCoughtry, Louisville (she is also 5th in scoring, ahead of Parker); Kadijah Whittington, NCST; Laura Ervin, Ark.; Jennifer Humphrey, Ky.; Erlana Larkins, UNC; Amanda Brown, PSU.

Assists: No one named above appears in the top 50.

Blocked Shots: Parker ranks 19th. Allison Bales leads this category, with Paris 4th. Other notables ahead of Parker: Alyssa DeHaan, MIST; Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton, Purdue; LaToya Pringle, UNC; Jessica Davenport, OHST; Kia Vaughn, RU; Danielle Wilson, Baylor.

Steals: None of the aforementioned in the top 50. Category is led by Armintie Price of Ole Miss. Alexis Hornbuckle ranks 8th.

FG percentage: Parker ranks 50th. Paris ranks 11th. Crystal Langhorne leads the category. Other notables ahead of Parker: Jackie McFarland, CU; Jessica Davenport, OHST; Amanda Brown, PSU; Sylvia Fowles, LSU; Tina Charles, Charde Houston, Uconn; Kia Vaughn, RU; Erlana Larkins, UNC.

FT percentage: None of the aforementioned in the top 50.

3PT percentage: Parker, who can play every position, not in the top 50. Neither is Paris.

3FGA per game: A lot of guards.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/rankings (last visited: Feb. 27, 2007)

PostPosted: 02/27/07 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
I am ever amused that I can raise hackles with the least suggestion that she may not be the Best Player in America. I am further amused that, even though I have stated often, and clearly, that my knock is not with Candace, but with ESPNs foregone conclusion that she is BPIA, the inevitable response is that I hate Candace.

I am intrigued that so many folks are so conditioned to accept marketing hype that they respond in anger to statement that calls it such, or suggests that the hype isnt supported by the facts. Im afraid youd lynch me if I said some blonde white chick with big titties wasnt the Sexiest Woman Alive.

For the record, I believe that ESPN has engaged in a subtle, year-long campaign to annoint Parker as BPIA. I believe ESPN has done so because Parkers talent makes her a top prospect for the WNBA. But more so, Parker has a lean, athletic build which fits the WNBA model. More so, Parker has lighter skin tone and features that are more Caucasian than many other African American athletes. And yes, I believe ESPN is capable of that form of racism.

For the record, the numbers set forth below do not support a conclusion that Parker is the *best* player in America. She is not in the top ten in any statistical category. For those who would argue that UTs schedule prevents her from being the top in any category, I am presenting for comparison other athletes who play in top conferences, or against top competition.

For those who would argue that Parker can play every position, compare her to other forwards. Note that Whittington, Larkins and Brown are better rebounders; Wisdom-Hylton, Pringle and Wilson are better rebounders; Larkins, Brown and Houston shoot better.

As you can see, many players outdo Parker in every category. Many players outdo Parker in multiple categories.

One player in particular, Courtney Paris, outshines Parker significantly in every category in which they both appear. While Parker is not top five in any category, Paris is top five in every category (in which she appears) except FG%, where she is 11th.

Courtney Paris was also the fastest woman in history to reach the 1000/700 mark. And she has registered double-doubles in all but three of her college games. But ESPN rarely mentions Courtney Paris, even though she and Parker are in the same class. I believe this is because Paris does not fit ESPNs profile for marketing. She is big, her skin is darker than Parkers and her features are not as white.

In plain, blunt terms, ESPN isnt telling you who the BPIA is, it is marketing an illusion of BPIA, just like when the media tells your Scarlet Johanson is the sexiest woman alive. And some of you believe it so thoroughly that you react with the bulletin board equivalent of a punch in the nose when someone tells you otherwise.

Finally, for the record, I have no problem with Parkers mouth, because that stuff has a way of evening itself out. If UT finds itself down eight to Duke in a national semifinal, with under a minute to play, I guarantee you, Parker wont be woofing.

Scoring: Parker ranks 12th. Paris ranks 3d, others in top 12 are from mid-majors.

Rebounding: Parker ranks 30th. Paris ranks 2d behind Lachelle Lyles of SWMS; other notables ranking above Parker: Sylvia Fowles, LSU; Angel McCoughtry, Louisville (she is also 5th in scoring, ahead of Parker); Kadijah Whittington, NCST; Laura Ervin, Ark.; Jennifer Humphrey, Ky.; Erlana Larkins, UNC; Amanda Brown, PSU.

Blocked Shots: Parker ranks 19th. Allison Bales leads this category, with Paris 4th. Other notables ahead of Parker: Alyssa DeHaan, MIST; Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton, Purdue; LaToya Pringle, UNC; Jessica Davenport, OHST; Kia Vaughn, RU; Danielle Wilson, Baylor.

Steals: None of the aforementioned in the top 50. Category is led by Armintie Price of Ole Miss. Alexis Hornbuckle ranks 8th.

FG percentage: Parker ranks 50th. Paris ranks 11th. Crystal Langhorne leads the category. Other notables ahead of Parker: Jackie McFarland, CU; Jessica Davenport, OHST; Amanda Brown, PSU; Sylvia Fowles, LSU; Tina Charles, Charde Houston, Uconn; Kia Vaughn, RU; Erlana Larkins, UNC.

3PT percentage: Parker, who can play every position, not in the top 50. Neither is Paris.

I'm sorry, you might not "hate" the girl, but that post above reads like pure obsession to discredit everything she does. Which, sounds an awful lot like strong dislike or "hate" to me. You mention stats and in your first post mentioned that you like Harding and if not for Parker's "hype" we wouldn't be talking about Parker at all. But, Harding isn't in the top 50 in any category, not even assists.

Seems to me, if "hype" without substance (meaning the stats to back it up or being in the top 50 statistically) is your major issue with Parker, you'd be more upset that Harding is the front-runner for POY without registering in any top 50 category.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/27/07 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is always going to be disagreement over who the best player is.

After seeing her in Connecticut, I don't know if there is any player in the country more talanted than Parker..Statistics don't tell the whole story. If they did, Taurasi would not be mentioned in any elite category. But then you are forgetting what she did in her career, 3 championships (and Uconn was not even close to a top ten team without her..) Consistently saving the day for the huskies, the fact that she was extremely unselfish, and rarely took more than 14 shots a game..the fact that, in all honesty, she played her last two years at Uconn out of position, and excelled. Her scoring doesn't look great, but she's the third highest scorer in Uconn history, and she's the assist leader, playing the point, which was not her postition..Stats wouldn't tell you she's anywhere close...except for those rings on her and her teammates finger..And Geno Auriemma and Pat Summit would probably laugh at you if you suggested she wasn't.

As I think Geno and Pat would laugh at anyone who suggested Parker wasn't the most talanted player in the country. But then again, it's laughable to say that Parker is the best ever, or even that she's definitely POY. That is hype, that is what pisses people off. She hasn't truly earned POY, and she most certainly hasn't even earned consideration for Best ever.

My point, if you've watched her..she most certainly is extrordinary. Paris' stats are incredible, but you do have to take into account who she plays against, and how the offenses are run. (Although, admitedly, both offenses seem to be the same, but Parker is a better passer, and her teammates get more involved.)

Anyway, that wasn't what this thread was about. I agree with Bri, which is Parker does not have the personality to overshadow her arrogance like Taurasi did. Her talent, ability to dunk, and looks (and I don't believe that's because she has caucasion attributes...the girl looks like Beyonce, she's beautiful.) make her marketable. But she isn't a "personality" like Taurasi was/is. And to behonest, for me, she doesn't have that Tiger, Michelle Wie, Taurasi, on court persona. She's an Annika Sorenstam, a VJ...and I agree with you about hype...if she couldn't dunk, and if she wasn't stunning, she would not get nearly the amount of attention she recieves.

PostPosted: 02/27/07 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I don't know if there is any player in the country more talanted than Parker..Statistics don't tell the whole story.

When talking about college kids they barely even scratch the surface. There's so much variability in systems, opponents, teammate quality, and what have you that direct stat comparison is next to meaningless.

PostPosted: 02/27/07 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
I don't know if there is any player in the country more talanted than Parker..Statistics don't tell the whole story.

When talking about college kids they barely even scratch the surface. There's so much variability in systems, opponents, teammate quality, and what have you that direct stat comparison is next to meaningless.

Totally agree. Look at Crystal Langhorne's situation at MD. This girl is #1 if FG percentage, so why isn't she averaging 20+ points a game as a post player with the #1 FG percentage? If you watch Maryland long enough, you'll understand why. How would her numbers look if she were in OK's system? How would Larkins' numbers look? Heck, how would Parker's numbers look? She doesn't have it nearly as bad as Langhorne or Larkins, but UT's guards do have lapses and can sometimes go multiple possessions without even letting her touch the ball inside. The one thing about Sherri's system and the guards in her system is that they know how to get Paris a touch on every single possession, and Paris knows how to finish.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/27/07 5:58 pm    ::: Re: LOL Reply Reply with quote

Daddychoc wrote:
I dont qualify because its been only 4 months, ok!

I said that for someone here only four months to pass judgement on other posters is absurd. The comment had nothing to do with having a qualified opinion.

Quote:
I dont need to clear up anything to "please" anyone. I voiced my opinion and if you dont "agree" to it, thats cool.

I have no problem with anyone's opinion. I have a problem with someone misquoting people and stirring up trouble. Who said anything about "pleasing anyone?" I used an example of another poster clearing up confusion about what they meant by their post.

Quote:
If you dont think CP3 is "marketable" right now something is wrong.

When people suggest that a player could become more marketable, that tells you that it is understood that the player is marketable already.

Quote:
Coca Cola, Pepsi, Chevy, Nike, Adidas, WNBA, Frito Lays ALL are aware that "on court" behavior is different from private life behavior (heard anything about CP3 off-court behaviors?)

CP3 is sort of like LeBron on the court (complaining to the refs and all) and if you want to compare her to a female check out DT3 during a Mercury games.

Again - there have been long discussions on this topic already.

Quote:
CP3 will be fine in the future ..........

Isn't that what we've been saying all along?

Quote:
LOL my 4 month opinion, now thats funny!

Again, I clearly wasn't talking about your opinion but rather the ASSumptions you have made about fellow members of this board.

Quote:
Archives about DT3, do you have any on Swoops too? How about Leslie?

I guess Geno nor Pat can sign up and post today, they need to be a member for 2 yrs or better to know what they're talking about.

One of the best discussions this board ever had was started by a [then] new member, Orange][Krush.

Quote:
I agree CP3 needs to adjust her attitude if she wants to make it bigtime (crazy)

Agree with who?

Quote:
I'll let you have the last have the last word since you been a member longer.

I won't spend any more time on this subject. Whether or not you decide to respond is up to you.

Everyone here is welcome as everyone's opinion is welcome.

Peace,

- slovy

Bobblehead4ya

PostPosted: 06/29/07 5:43 am    ::: Re: CP3 vs DT3 Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
Alright as i was watching the UT vs Vandy game i noticed something. How much Candace Parker bitches and complains about everything. And has this attitude about everything and she is another "i dont foul". Before people start cutting off my head and surving it on a orange platter (haha) I am not saying this because i am a Uconn fan. Don't get me wrong CP3 is a GREAT player. But i think her likeablity is less than that of DT3 the other "great one".

I do realize that not everyone liked DT3 but i believe that she got more fans because of her style of play and her attitude. You didn't see the other "great ones" (Catchings Holdsclaw Bird etc) have an attitude as big as Parkers. Example when she got fouled it looked like the camera got her saying get that Bitch off me. Is it really nessary to stare down your oppoent after you score a bucket? We realize Candace that your talent is far beyond an avg college basketball player, but personally i think she needs to stay in college another 2 years to grow up alittle.

Okay i am ready for the attacks and the ones who will read to much into this post!

I went back a while to find this post and boy did it make me laugh lol either this person doesnt know DT at all or they Jinxed her lol hahahahahahah

#1 Pick Houston Comets and the Newest Member of The Comets...Dunking Phenom.................CANDACE PARKER !!!!! Hopefully lol
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 06/29/07 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Parker has been nominated for an Espy as "Best Female Athlete," when she is not even the best player in her own game. I predict the award will go to her, because ESPN has invested heavily in the marketing of Parker. However, the award should go to Taryne Mowatt, who did more to get her team to the NC than Parker would probably have been capable of doing. IMHO.

PostPosted: 06/29/07 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:

59 DEPAUL W 105-72 ESPN2
224 Eastern Kentucky W 92-79
127 at Hawaii W 76-56
85 at UCLA W 77-68
282 at Lamar W 79-44
171 at Tulsa W 72-49 SSN>
48 at South Carolina W 78-51 COX>
287 ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF W 87-42
314 NORTHERN COLORADO W 82-36
16 OHIO STATE L 74-67 ESPN2
40 New Mexico (OKC) W 80-58 SSN>
62 KANSAS STATE W 78-58 SSN
26 at Nebraska W 77-69 SSN>
17 Baylor W 76-63 SSN
41 at Oklahoma State W 76-60 FSN-SW
81 at Colorado W 82-67 FSN-SW
68 TEXAS TECH W 86-81(20T) SSN
24 IOWA STATE W 69-49 SSN
21 TEXAS A&M L 54-52 FSN
38 at Texas L 67-62 ESPNU

41 OKLAHOMA STATE W 78-63
21 Texas A&M L 78-68 FSN
38 TEXAS W 78-58 ESPN2
68 at Texas Tech W 70-67 FSN
97 at Kansas W 76-70 COX
64 MISSOURI W 72-57
17 BAYLOR W 88-61 FSN
BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP - COX CENTER - OKLAHOMA CITY
38 Texas W 67-58 FSN
17 Baylor W 78-64 FSN
24 Iowa State W 67-60 FSN
NCAA TOURNAMENT
115 Southeast Missouri W 74-60 ESPN2
20 Marquette W 78-47 ESPN2
13 Mississippi L 82 - 90

28 wins and 5 losses
4 wins and 4 losses vs top 21
7 games vs teams with RPI over 100
3 games vs teams with RPI over 200
1 game vs team with RPI over 300

1 North Carolina = 103.54
1 North Carolina = 103.54
3 Duke = 103.23

4 Connecticut = 99.49
5 LSU =98.27
5 LSU = 98.27
6 Rutgers = 96.75
9 Georgia = 94.17
9 Georgia = 94.17
10 Arizona St. = 92.94
12 Vanderbilt = 92.64
12 Vanderbilt = 92.64
13 Mississippi = 92.45
13 Mississippi = 92.45
14 Stanford = 91.65
16 Middle Tennessee = 90.65
19 Geo. Washington = 89.96
27 West Virginia = 85.79
29 Marist = 85.29
30 Pittsburgh = 85.12
31 Notre Dame = 85.09
35 Kentucky = 84.11
41 Auburn = 83.14
38 Texas = 83.13
48 South Carolina = 82.61
48 South Carolina = 82.61
62 Arkansas = 80.18
68 Mississippi . ST = 78.89
73 Chattanooga = 77.45
78 UCLA = 76.70
91 Florida = 74.32
104 Louisiana Tech = 73.49
139 Alabama = 69.86
201 Tennessee-Martin = 65.06

17 games vs the Top 20
14 wins vs 3 losses vs Top 20
3 games vs teams with RPI over 100
1 game vs team with RPI over 200

If you want to compare statistics between Candace Parker and Courtney Paris you should compare the schedules where those stats were achieved.

While Candace played in 10 games against the TOP 10
Courtney played in ZERO

While Candace played in 17 games vs the TOP 20
Courtney played in eight

While Courtney padded her stats with a game vs a below 300 RPI team and 3 over 200 RPI teams and 7 over 100 teams
Candace had 3 games vs over 100 and 1 over 200

4 SEC teams in the sweet 16 including the Ol Miss team that knocked Oklahoma out of the tournament vs 1 Big 12 team Oklahoma
3 SEC teams in the elite 8

VS Common opponents
Candace and Tennessee beat Ol Miss twice
By 26 in the NCAA Tourney
Oklahoma lost to Ol Miss by 6
Tennesse beat Texas and Oklahoma split 2 games

The record exposes the dramatic differences between Tennessee and Oklahoma. Tennessees star Candace was the NCAA MVP while Courtney couldnt get her Oklahoma team past the 5th best team in the SEC
Padding stats on an inferior schedule may make Courtney your choice but Candace is the better player on the better team in the better conference with the better record over a far tougher schedule.

Nice stats don't tell the story without the context.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/29/07 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

aurabass wrote:

Candace and Courtney have never played each other.

And the Six Pack is 0-3 against Duke during the same time frame. Just some fyi.

mmcornelius23

PostPosted: 06/29/07 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since facts are an issue, the Six Pack as a whole has never played Duke and never will.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/29/07 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmcornelius23 wrote:
Since facts are an issue, the Six Pack as a whole has never played Duke and never will.

Well, maybe you need all of them to beat Duke... Smile

Point is, it is another fact which means little. I don't understand what Aurabass' point is, unless basketball just became an individual sport without my knowing it.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 06/29/07 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I fully concede that UT's SOS was #1. But OU's was #12. It's not like they were playing a completely different caliber of competition.

My point was, and remains, that Parker is the "Best Player in America" because ESPN wants her to be.

PostPosted: 06/29/07 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aurabass keeps saying the titles do not matter and focuses so much on the regular season, the strength of schedule, etc. But when Duke comes up (on this board and others), it is always about not winning the title, regular season be damned.

Pick a theme, and stick with it.

Bobblehead4ya

PostPosted: 06/29/07 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
aurabass wrote:

Candace and Courtney have never played each other.

And the Six Pack is 0-3 against Duke during the same time frame. Just some fyi.

ahhh shut up and stick to the topic...we are comparing the stats of Candace and Courtney ....what does duke have to do with anything ? yea tennessee has lost to them 3 years straight but We win National Titles! 7 of them to be exact. your coach left you because she knew she couldnt win one with that team...so when you guys get 1 then you talk to me but until then lets work on Winning a ACC tournament which you haven't won in 3 years !

#1 Pick Houston Comets and the Newest Member of The Comets...Dunking Phenom.................CANDACE PARKER !!!!! Hopefully lol
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/30/07 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bobblehead4ya wrote:
ahhh shut up and stick to the topic...we are comparing the stats of Candace and Courtney ....what does duke have to do with anything ? yea tennessee has lost to them 3 years straight but We win National Titles! 7 of them to be exact. your coach left you because she knew she couldnt win one with that team...so when you guys get 1 then you talk to me but until then lets work on Winning a ACC tournament which you haven't won in 3 years !

What do stats have to do with two players who have not played against one another in college?

When you learn to speak English, talk to me.

Bobblehead4ya

PostPosted: 06/30/07 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Bobblehead4ya wrote:

What do stats have to do with two players who have not played against one another in college?

When you learn to speak English, talk to me.

why are you still running your mouth...shut up already im soooo over you and your idiot attitude ! Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/30/07 1:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now try sentence structure.

mandih23

PostPosted: 06/30/07 3:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bobblehead4ya wrote:
ahhh shut up and stick to the topic...we are comparing the stats of Candace and Courtney

Confused ... I thought the topic of this thread was CP and DT? Or does the "stick to the topic" only apply when its convenient?

PostPosted: 06/30/07 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mandih23 wrote:
Bobblehead4ya wrote:
ahhh shut up and stick to the topic...we are comparing the stats of Candace and Courtney

Confused ... I thought the topic of this thread was CP and DT? Or does the "stick to the topic" only apply when its convenient?

That's what I was thinking...

I bet Candace will never be suspended for two games for anything she ever says to refs. She's not quite that animated, but I like Diana's animatedness.. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/01/07 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Aurabass keeps saying the titles do not matter and focuses so much on the regular season, the strength of schedule, etc. But when Duke comes up (on this board and others), it is always about not winning the title, regular season be damned.

Pick a theme, and stick with it.
As far as I'm concerned Duke had the best team in the country last year - their loss to RU in the Regional was a lot like Tennessee's loss to Duke in Greensboro in 99. The better team can always have a bad game against a hot opponent in the NCAA. You should know better than most as a Duke fan that some pride in a season's accomplishments is a good thing. It's the UConn fans who have to live with their all or nothing attitude about National Championships.

I've never said a word resembling your remarks and I'm consistent in my SOS theme. Duke played the second best SOS last year and should be commended for it unlike UNC.

Not sure what put that bug up your tail but this post was out of place and inaccurate to boot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: