RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"The Creme de la Creme"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/21/06 9:27 am    ::: "The Creme de la Creme" Reply Reply with quote

http://www.insidectsports.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&func=show_article&id=21&Itemid=1

Individual players and coaches are to be acknowledged through the "Huskies of Honor" program, which will feature four foot by five foot panels with the player's name, uniform number and their years at UConn, displayed adjacent to the scoreboard. Each honoree will also have a plaque placed on the walls near the entrance door to Gampel that will feature career highlights and an action photo. Although they will be exhibited, the player's numbers are not to be retired.

The honorees were selected by a committee formed by the University of Connecticut Division of Athletics, which worked with both men's and women's basketball coaching staffs.

Should be a lot of fun postgame tonight!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 12/21/06 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

d...see if you can get the real skinny on SB going to Russia. Her name is still not on the roster, and Dee has already played a few games.

Is Bird going to sit behind Ticha??? Just wondering...

PostPosted: 12/21/06 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
d...see if you can get the real skinny on SB going to Russia. Her name is still not on the roster, and Dee has already played a few games.

Is Bird going to sit behind Ticha??? Just wondering...

I thought I read in the WNBA section she played yesterday. But I'm not going tonight anyway....I've got practice for the rugrats.

EDIT: Yep...from pd swanson - while Sue Bird made her season debut with Spartak.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/21/06 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really hope CPTV shows the post game celebration...that would be nice..

PostPosted: 12/21/06 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CPTV is broadcasting the post-game ceremony and will have interviews with many of the players honored

PostPosted: 12/21/06 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All right, was the extra weight Geno reffered to about Kara, Kerry, and Jenn...or Diana's ass..

I'm thinking it was the latter....

PostPosted: 12/21/06 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
All right, was the extra weight Geno reffered to about Kara, Kerry, and Jenn...or Diana's ass..

I'm thinking it was the latter....

It was the latter, and hopefully everyone thinks it's as funny as I thought it was... Great ceremony, well worth the 10 bucks to CPTV...Renee, Ketia and Mel, unbelievable backourt to watch...The fun about this season is I can't tell you yet who I think is going to win this championship and that makes for a great Jan, Feb, March and Apr...

PostPosted: 12/22/06 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dee still got the last laugh...they had a "group interview" and they asked her about it and she said "same old coach, can't get a good line in without someone setting him up"

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/22/06 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Dee still got the last laugh...they had a "group interview" and they asked her about it and she said "same old coach, can't get a good line in without someone setting him up"

I thought the ceremony was great, but I miss Chris Monahan, the old PA announcer. John Tuit SUCKS!!!!

paigeme

PostPosted: 12/22/06 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shame about the empty seats. You would think people would come out to see the women who built the program. Anyone record this event and willing to sell it? Please drop me a PM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: