RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I hate Candace Parker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icey23

PostPosted: 12/20/06 10:55 pm    ::: I hate Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

DUNK on TV please Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 12/20/06 10:56 pm    ::: Re: I hate Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
DUNK on TV please Twisted Evil

I saw it... Very Happy

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 12/20/06 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing. Which makes me wonder if she just doesn't want to dunk for a nationally televised game. It doesn't really matter, even if they are more like "dinks" and still only worth 2 points, I still wanna actually see one live. Razz

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/21/06 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. Which makes me wonder if she just doesn't want to dunk for a nationally televised game. It doesn't really matter, even if they are more like "dinks" and still only worth 2 points, I still wanna actually see one live. Razz

You can only DUNK if the DUNK is there..................................

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
miatamama

PostPosted: 12/21/06 11:34 am    ::: Dunk Reply Reply with quote

Good wording--it's a DINK--not a DUNK. Compare her DINKS to NBA DUNKS. Not even close.

PostPosted: 12/21/06 11:36 am    ::: Re: Dunk Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
Good wording--it's a DINK--not a DUNK. Compare her DINKS to NBA DUNKS. Not even close.

Does she get over the rim? Does she put it through? Then who gives a crap??????????????????

Give the kid a freaking break. The whole tongue in cheek point of the thread has been missed by some people.

I could give a shit if a GUY has more authority in his dunks than CP does. A guy can't shoot foul shots like she can most of the time.

shizanna

PostPosted: 12/21/06 11:41 am    ::: Re: Dunk Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
A guy can't shoot foul shots like she can most of the time.

They don't cock they're heads almost down to their shoulder when they shoot theirs. Smile I think it's cute.

PostPosted: 12/21/06 4:09 pm    ::: Oh my Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms: aren't we profane?

Yes, genius--I get the point of the posting--it's obviously a tic comment.

BUT--Parker still does not DUNK. And since she was in a DUNK contest against MEN it is a fair comparison (or don't you remember that genius????)

CP went to a school nearby, and was a huge source of attention. She led her school to state championships and was a heck of a player. I think she still is, and really hope she ends up with the Chicago Sky because I would pay to watch her play.

My best to you dt--happy holidays genius.

PostPosted: 12/21/06 4:17 pm    ::: Re: Oh my Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
dtsnms: aren't we profane?

Yes, genius--I get the point of the posting--it's obviously a tic comment.

BUT--Parker still does not DUNK. And since she was in a DUNK contest against MEN it is a fair comparison (or don't you remember that genius????)

CP went to a school nearby, and was a huge source of attention. She led her school to state championships and was a heck of a player. I think she still is, and really hope she ends up with the Chicago Sky because I would pay to watch her play.

My best to you dt--happy holidays genius.

Mama Mia what you talkin' bout???? Have some pasta and chill....you may say you like her etc. but you ride the kid about the "quality" of her dunks??? Gimme a break. No one else does it, as Cam said, let her sign the ball and celebrate with it. Why don't you find something real to ridicule.

And thank you, but while I am intelligent, I'm not a genius. But it's the thought that counts. Thanks.

miatamama

PostPosted: 12/21/06 8:19 pm    ::: dink not a dunk Reply Reply with quote

When I see her DUNK like a DUNK is supposed to be I'll rave like everyone else.

She is a very good player (why do I have to keep repeating that???), but it's tiresome---if anyone questions anything about Ms.P all you Parker-ites go ballistic and accuse folks of bashing on her. Get real.

Get your signed ball. I'll wait for a real dunk, not a DINK.

dtsnms: obviously you're not a genius because you don't recognize sarcasm--like you've commented about others....

Merry Christmas....

PostPosted: 12/21/06 8:50 pm    ::: Re: dink not a dunk Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
When I see her DUNK like a DUNK is supposed to be I'll rave like everyone else.

She is a very good player (why do I have to keep repeating that???), but it's tiresome---if anyone questions anything about Ms.P all you Parker-ites go ballistic and accuse folks of bashing on her. Get real.

Get your signed ball. I'll wait for a real dunk, not a DINK.

dtsnms: obviously you're not a genius because you don't recognize sarcasm--like you've commented about others....

Merry Christmas....

now now mama mia, there's no shame in being nice. I knowyou were complimenting me, and you have the holiday spirit. don't worry, I won't tell anyone you really love me.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/21/06 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her name is Candace, not Shelden. So what if she dunks like a girl? Last time I checked, she IS a girl. Shocked She doesn't have to rip the rim down to prove that she can dunk. As long as the ball and her wrist get above rim height when she throws the ball through, she's dunked the ball IMHO.

"Feminine" dunks or not, she's the only one in the women's game dunking regularly right now. THAT'S why ESPN is all over the dunking thing. Until some of these other girls step up their games and do the same or something MORE impressive (like 360s, windmills, alley-oops, or reverses), it's kind of ridiculous to insult the quality of Parker's dunks. If people hate the idea of a woman dunking, that's fine. Hate one dunk, hate all dunks. But if you don't have a problem with women dunking, don't insult the quality of the dunk until another frequent female dunker steps up and does it better (and no, Michelle Snow's college dunks doesn't count. Her dunks are ordinary now).

I love watching dunks. I like NBA basketball mainly because of the dunk. I've watched the NBA Slam Dunk contests for a minute now. I watched the ABL dunk contest between Sylvia Crawley and Kara Wolters. I saw the Charlotte Smith dunk, the Michelle Snow dunk, read about the Sancho Lyttle dunk, and now I'm loving the Candace Parker dunks. See, I don't allow myself to compare men's dunks to women's dunks like some of these so-called "dunk critics" out there. I know that women can't dunk like men because it's anatomically impossible. However, that doesn't keep me from enjoying watching women dunk.

Mathies to LA 2013
scrappy

PostPosted: 12/22/06 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketball terminology:

stuff
dunk
slam dunk
pack

also:
facial
posterize

and...the new one i just added
shaq-it (there is only one person in the world who can do that move)

Wink

PostPosted: 12/22/06 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing about her dunking is she misses them alot too. You know..clanks the front of the rim...its hard to watch. Confused

PostPosted: 12/22/06 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When have you seen her miss alot of them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: