RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sally Bell Calls Technical Foul on Candace Parker...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 12/20/06 7:43 pm    ::: Sally Bell Calls Technical Foul on Candace Parker... Reply Reply with quote

For 'over-celebrating' a slam dunk against West Virginia.

Gotta love Sally Confused .

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 12/20/06 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She tugged at her jersey. Yeah, way to go Sally Confused

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/20/06 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's obviously been learning from Alexis Hornbuckle, I see. Tsk tsk...for shame!

The Sally strikes AGAIN!

Mathies to LA 2013
jimmyk

PostPosted: 12/20/06 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish that game was on TV. I'd still be yelling.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/20/06 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[Stacey]My homegirl Candace just needs to settle down and stop poppin' the collar so darn much! [/Dales]

Mathies to LA 2013
ucbart

PostPosted: 12/20/06 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
[Stacey]My homegirl Candace just needs to settle down and stop poppin' the collar so darn much! [/Dales]

I agree, I think Candace over celebrates too much. The tip of the iceberg for me was against UNC. She had a layup, the UNC midget guard, don't remeber who, fell down, and Candace stood over top of her and just stared her down.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/20/06 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

*snort* I can imagine her saying that now. THANKS. Rolling Eyes Wink

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/20/06 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ride sally ride!

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/20/06 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ride sally ride!

Someone's gotta make sure Candace doesn't get too cocky. What a tragedy that would be... she's a great player but we don't need the attitude problems.

24duzitall

PostPosted: 12/20/06 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i love it- when it's latta it's "enthusiasm" and "energy" when it's parker it "cocky" and "attitude". what a truck full o crap!

PostPosted: 12/20/06 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Dear Stacey:

We would like our phrase back!

Sincerely,

The year 2003.

Grumps

PostPosted: 12/20/06 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It really wasn't much of anything...She just pulled her jersey out to show the Tennessee on the front much like several other players have done before...They didn't even call a T immediately afterwards till the officials huddled with the WV coach...Pat said on her call in show that Morningstar explained to her that it was a new rule...Pat took blame for it because she didn't know about it and since the same thing had happened before and no T was called...Said it wouldn't happen again...Jokingly said they would come up with a new way to celebrate like pulling her socks up or something...

Grumps

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 12/20/06 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

I agree, I think Candace over celebrates too much. The tip of the iceberg for me was against UNC. She had a layup, the UNC midget guard, don't remeber who, fell down, and Candace stood over top of her and just stared her down.

I have no problem with "overcelebrating" if you're playing UNC.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/20/06 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

absolutely ludicrous...I hate her dunks..(hate them in general actually..)I hate that her dunk gets so much attention...(because it's weak, and it's easily the least impressive part of Candace's games...and I just don't like dunks to begin with..) But come on..she tugged at her jersey for a couple of seconds...What happens if after a shot, a players nails get caught on the jersey and it pulls it out a bit...will they get a technical too.. Rolling Eyes

Sally annoys me. She's still not as bad as June though...(And yes, I'm aware that the chances of both of them reffing for the Tenn vs. Uconn game is extremely high..)

Last edited by mercfan3 on 12/21/06 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 12/20/06 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

That midget guard you were referring to was actually 6'1 forward Camille Little. And they had been kind of going back and forth with each other the whole game actually. Doesn't make it right, but puts it in another light.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/21/06 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
That midget guard you were referring to was actually 6'1 forward Camille Little. And they had been kind of going back and forth with each other the whole game actually. Doesn't make it right, but puts it in another light.

Camille Little...a shit-talking dumbass. Rolling Eyes Candace had every right to stand over her and stare. Camille doesn't know when to STFU and insists that she's actually someone important.

Hey Camille hon, this isn't 2003-04. You're no longer "the star" on the team. Please be content with rebounding Latta's misses and knocking down the occasional three-pointer. Kthx.

Mathies to LA 2013
Bigorange123

PostPosted: 12/21/06 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

24duzitall wrote:
i love it- when it's latta it's "enthusiasm" and "energy" when it's parker it "cocky" and "attitude". what a truck full o crap!

I agree... unless Parker did something completely over the top, what's the problem? And if some consider Parker cocky - then I guess she's in great company with Latta and Taurasi... 2 players who play with great "enthusiasm" and "energy".

PostPosted: 12/21/06 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Camille Little...a shit-talking dumbass. Rolling Eyes Candace had every right to stand over her and stare. Camille doesn't know when to STFU and insists that she's actually someone important.

Hey Camille hon, this isn't 2003-04. You're no longer "the star" on the team. Please be content with rebounding Latta's misses and knocking down the occasional three-pointer. Kthx.

Haha, you make me laugh! Laughing

PostPosted: 12/21/06 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
absolutely ludicrous...I hate that her dunk gets so much attention...(because it's weak, and it's easily the least impressive part of Candace's games...and I just don't like dunks to begin with..)

Sally annoys me.

You gotta love it when we start getting picky about the quality of the college women's dunks! This game has come a long way.

Oh, and Latta and Taurasi are cocky as well.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/21/06 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Only five players have dunked in a WCBB game. I wouldn't care if Candace celebrated by doing a cartwheel. Heck, Candace, go get a Sharpie and start signing autographs!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/21/06 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Only five players have dunked in a WCBB game. I wouldn't care if Candace celebrated by doing a cartwheel. Heck, Candace, go get a Sharpie and start signing autographs!

Classic! Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/21/06 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad you like, Bball.

I am STILL laughing over your message to Camille. Smile

Sass

PostPosted: 12/21/06 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sally Bell has a long-standing rep for being incompetent. What else is new.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/21/06 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't just being able to DUNK enough of a show ?????????

To me that is celebration enough , no need to have an IN YOUR FACE ATTITUDE.

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 12/21/06 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
absolutely ludicrous...I hate that her dunk gets so much attention...(because it's weak, and it's easily the least impressive part of Candace's games...and I just don't like dunks to begin with..)

Sally annoys me.

Oh, and Latta and Taurasi are cocky as well.

All I need to know is that after this year's Tennessee-UNC game, TN fans were telling me that they viewed Diana in a new light Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: