RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Zoll vs Montgomery
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/18/06 10:04 am    ::: Zoll vs Montgomery Reply Reply with quote

Let's get ready to rumbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle!!!!

memphis10

PostPosted: 12/18/06 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on now, you know you want to make one of those predictions of yours. Twisted Evil

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 12/18/06 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
Come on now, you know you want to make one of those predictions of yours. Twisted Evil

DON'T DO IT! I'm begging you DTS.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/18/06 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
memphis10 wrote:

DON'T DO IT! I'm begging you DTS.

Please Dt don't do it....come on, just recently you said Thomas doesn't miss, and then she proceeded to go 1 for 5..I'm totally blaming you for that one.... Very Happy

So, if you'd like to make a prediction...please be in favor of Zoll..

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so where's the UVA and ACC fans?

I don't hear any crowing about Zoll right now...at the half that is.

I like that freshman guard, but Montgomery is awesome

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I *LOVE* Renee Montgomery. She might surpass Swin Cash as my favorite Uconn player!

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. This UCONN team is so fun to watch!

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:

I'm really feeling the avatar Orange Krush Very Happy

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:

Thanks! I hope Bush feels the door slam on his dumbass on his way out of the White House. Wink

In other news, WE SEE YOU KALANA GREENE!

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was disappointed when Erika Arriaran decided to go to Texas...

Now, not so much Smile .

Go KALANA & RENEE!!!

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:

Thanks! I hope Bush feels the door slam on his dumbass on his way out of the White House. Wink

In other news, WE SEE YOU KALANA GREENE!

we sure as hell DO!!!

as for you Bush comment -- my hope is that he lives a loooooong life so he can see history kick is sorry, incompetent ass up and down the continuum. Putz

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to say...I'm pretty surprised by this large a margin. I thought the game would be closer.

Mirage32

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
I have to say...I'm pretty surprised by this large a margin. I thought the game would be closer.

Agreed, I expected more from UVA. What are the realistic expectations for the cavaliers this year?

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage32 wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:

Agreed, I expected more from UVA. What are the realistic expectations for the cavaliers this year?

Certainly shooting 65% for the game didn't hurt the Huskies...

PostPosted: 12/18/06 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

I guess it's not enough to win the game. Some people have to be poor sports about it as well. Laughing

I don't think one game defines someone's ability to play the game. I still think Zoll is one of the best point guards in the country and will continue to think so. Monica Wright also showed me something special tonight. Obviously Montgomery is special and Kalana Greene made a lot of noise tonight. UConn showed that they're ready to be a force this season. They're starting to get to that "Final Four" quality stage.

Congrats to UConn on a well-played game all around! They came out firing on all cylinders and didn't let up. As for Virginia, they've gotta go back to the drawing board and figure some things out. Still, I think the Hoos are a talented group that will figure it out before the ACC season starts.

Mathies to LA 2013
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 12/18/06 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I guess it's not enough to win the game. Some people have to be poor sports about it as well. Laughing

I don't think one game defines someone's ability to play the game. I still think Zoll is one of the best point guards in the country and will continue to think so. Monica Wright also showed me something special tonight. Obviously Montgomery is special and Kalana Greene made a lot of noise tonight. UConn showed that they're ready to be a force this season. They're starting to get to that "Final Four" quality stage.

Congrats to UConn on a well-played game all around! They came out firing on all cylinders and didn't let up. As for Virginia, they've gotta go back to the drawing board and figure some things out. Still, I think the Hoos are a talented group that will figure it out before the ACC season starts.

Hopefully after they play the Terps Wink

I still think Zoll is one of the best point guards in the nation. One game won't change that, I mean it's not like she is Tiffany Jackson Laughing

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/18/06 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Hopefully after they play the Terps Wink

Y'all will probably win that first game. The second game, though...?

Quote:
I still think Zoll is one of the best point guards in the nation. One game won't change that, I mean it's not like she is Tiffany Jackson Laughing

Laughing

UConn did a great job taking away her game (penetrating inside for scores or dimes), which also took out Littles and Williams. She'll be back, though.

Mathies to LA 2013
mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/18/06 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Montgomery was great in the second half, I don't think she got her teammates involved well in the first half.

Greene had a great game, I was glad to see it.

PostPosted: 12/18/06 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly, I think this is the statement game I have been waiting for from UConn ever since Diana left. UVA is a good squad and UConn was looking a little shaky for a while. Zoll really impressed me, and now I can see why bballfan is oh-so-obsessed Wink

Also, it is about time to see why Kalana Greene was so "talked up" by Geno in the preseason. (It is about time I am proud to have her in avatar!)She scored from everywhere on the floor, and was shocked when she hit a three, and almost passed out when Gardler FINALLY knocked down a trey, let alone two.

And Brittany Hunter? Is she the most efficent player in the nation yet? Each game she impresses me more and more...

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/18/06 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
And Brittany Hunter? Is she the most efficent player in the nation yet? Each game she impresses me more and more...

Having a healthy Brittany Hunter is a huge bonus. She adds so much to their team. UCONN is just a really efficient team overall. Even Swanier impressed me tonight. I never saw her drive to the point where I thought "Slow it down." It felt weird to not question her control.

PostPosted: 12/18/06 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

Having a healthy Brittany Hunter is a huge bonus. She adds so much to their team. UCONN is just a really efficient team overall. Even Swanier impressed me tonight. I never saw her drive to the point where I thought "Slow it down." It felt weird to not question her control.

Overall, coming into this game, I had felt that Ketia had been UConn's best 'point' guard and Renee had been UConn's best 'overall guard.'

Brittany is just a point a minute out there Wink . It's great to see her happy. It's been a long road and I know I'm going to enjoy having her for the next year and a half.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/18/06 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

Swany has been undercontrol all season...The first three games of the season I would have said she was the best Husky on the court. I wasn't a huge Swanier fan until this year, but she's just wowed me this year...she's incredible...

PostPosted: 12/18/06 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Swanier does that cross-over, stutter step, blow by for an easy lay-up, she fakes ME out.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/18/06 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
When Swanier does that cross-over, stutter step, blow by for an easy lay-up, she fakes ME out.

I'm just waiting for the whistle to blow on that one... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 12/19/06 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Hey be fair; it was halftime and that was the first post about the game. I was just trying to stir some interest. I praised Wright didn't I?

Quote:
I don't think one game defines someone's ability to play the game. I still think Zoll is one of the best point guards in the country and will continue to think so.

I gotta see more....right now, she's good, but based only on what I've seen, Latta, Tolliver, Harding, and Renee are all IMO better. BTW, stop running into Kaili! You're not gonna win that one!!!! THen again, who will? Wink

Quote:
Monica Wright also showed me something special tonight.

Kid is fearless!

Quote:
Obviously Montgomery is special and Kalana Greene made a lot of noise tonight. UConn showed that they're ready to be a force this season. They're starting to get to that "Final Four" quality stage.

Thanks for the praise; they looked awesome last night for sure, and that includes Charles fumbling the ball every two seconds last night.

There is definitely some serious talent on UVA, a piece or two away from big time stuff. Lyttles (sp?) wa s also impressive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: