RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Angel McCoughtry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomerCecil

PostPosted: 12/15/06 11:19 am    ::: Angel McCoughtry Reply Reply with quote

She scored 23 second-half points last night against Cincinnati, helping UofL win 67-62. She had 25 points and 18 rebounds and is starting to put up monster numbers in every game. She destroyed Kentucky when I saw them play and she's really, really, really good. Very quick and versatile.

She's averaging 19.9 points, 11.0 rebounds, and also has 29 steals and 11 blocks through 10 games. I think she might be one of the most underrated players in the country.

And this coming from a Kentucky fan — I *HATE* UofL.

adamspt2

PostPosted: 12/15/06 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Homer, I'm right there with you. I know Jazz gets all the hype, but I was much more impressed with Angel. She did everything for them in the game against UK and it doesn't sound like she's slowed down any. She's playing very well right now, and I believe she's only a sophomore.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/15/06 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamspt2 wrote:
Homer, I'm right there with you. I know Jazz gets all the hype, but I was much more impressed with Angel. She did everything for them in the game against UK and it doesn't sound like she's slowed down any. She's playing very well right now, and I believe she's only a sophomore.

Apparently, she was a rebounding force, even in her freshman year. Does anyone know what the televised games are so we could potentially see her play?

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/15/06 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously, McCoughtry is the real deal. Too bad her overrated teammate gets all the recognition.

Mathies to LA 2013
Sternvogel

PostPosted: 12/15/06 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Does anyone know what the televised games are so we could potentially see her play?

Jan. 21 vs. Rutgers on ESPNU
Feb. 3 vs. DePaul on BIG EAST TV
Feb. 10 vs. Syracuse on WHAS (local station)
Feb. 20 vs. St. John's on CSTV

Complete schedule here.

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/birthdays/index.html

Let me know of any players/teams you wish to see added!
24duzitall

PostPosted: 12/15/06 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i got to see this game and i thought ul was gonna blow it. angel sat most of the 1st half with 2 fouls and the cards were totally lost without her.2nd half she came in and her energy and "never quit" attitude changed the way the team played. she does plenty but she makes others better as well.

jazz- i can't tell if she is upset by the lack of focus on her or she is slumping or what,but she acts like she could care less. it looks as if she is giving no effort. she had 1 point last night and did little else to compensate for that. i hate to see it. she's got the tools,she's just not taking them outta the box.

another thing-tokova and mccoughtry are tough on D! if they don't steal it,they'll swat it. tokova had 5 blocks and i think angel had 5 steals.
it was a great second half.

PostPosted: 12/16/06 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sternvogel wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
Does anyone know what the televised games are so we could potentially see her play?

Jan. 21 vs. Rutgers on ESPNU
Feb. 3 vs. DePaul on BIG EAST TV
Feb. 10 vs. Syracuse on WHAS (local station)
Feb. 20 vs. St. John's on CSTV

Complete schedule here.

Thanks Sternvogel. Can't wait till they match up against DePaul.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: