RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pac-10 update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/13/06 3:11 pm    ::: Pac-10 update Reply Reply with quote

Pac-10 Women's Basketball: Column 2

Seattle Post-Intelligencer columnist, Dick Rockne, weighs in on Pac-10 women's hoops.

http://www.pac-10.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/121306aac.html

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 12/13/06 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the injuries to USC are just devasting. They would have been very good, but watch out next yr

Casein

PostPosted: 12/13/06 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanfords VanDerveer said "that for a month the gym was set up for volleyball, meaning extra hoops weren't available for shooting practice."

Somone should have whispered in their ear that you don't need multi million dollar gyms to practice shooting

Laughable if wasn't a serious answer...

PostPosted: 12/14/06 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So are the 800 USC injuries just a weird coincidence or does the team need a new conditioning coach or trainer? Injuries seem to plague that team and seasons have been ruined more than once in the recent past by injuries. (Of course, I'm excluding the unwed mother player... I still think that's just an embarassment to her, her team, and her family.)

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Casein wrote:
Stanfords VanDerveer said "that for a month the gym was set up for volleyball, meaning extra hoops weren't available for shooting practice."

Somone should have whispered in their ear that you don't need multi million dollar gyms to practice shooting

Laughable if wasn't a serious answer...

dude, there were 2 baskets set up, there only so many drills and scrimmages you can run in 2 1/2 hrs of court time.

Casein

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
dude, there were 2 baskets set up, there only so many drills and scrimmages you can run in 2 1/2 hrs of court time.

I was alluding to the unthinkable of using another gym to do the training at if the main one only had two baskets available...sheesh how hard would that have been..

PostPosted: 12/14/06 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper let me just say that it is an embarassment for you to come online a rip a girl for a transgression that I know without a doubt she too admits is foolish. brynn is a very nice girl, and is a sweatheart, and cole is probably the most beautiful baby i have seen. you may think it is an embarassment but it is privledge and honor to be a mother, and although the timing was not the best, brynn has done a great job raising her child and getting her priorities straight, but it is not fair for you to say something like this without the full story and the hollwood and sports buzz that was created for such an incident...as far as the injuries, they are tough right now bc they dont have a pure playmaker, BUT, if they can squeak out a bid they are going to be dangerous come March. as far as the trainer, Sandy Olson has done a great job with the team and it is her main priority right now but you can't help injuries that have lasted and lingered for they year. Chloe Kerr is the most underrated center in the nation btw!!! Fight On

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bkvbkvbkv wrote:
hooper let me just say that it is an embarassment for you to come online a rip a girl for a transgression that I know without a doubt she too admits is foolish. brynn is a very nice girl, and is a sweatheart, and cole is probably the most beautiful baby i have seen. you may think it is an embarassment but it is privledge and honor to be a mother, and although the timing was not the best, brynn has done a great job raising her child and getting her priorities straight, but it is not fair for you to say something like this without the full story and the hollwood and sports buzz that was created for such an incident...as far as the injuries, they are tough right now bc they dont have a pure playmaker, BUT, if they can squeak out a bid they are going to be dangerous come March. as far as the trainer, Sandy Olson has done a great job with the team and it is her main priority right now but you can't help injuries that have lasted and lingered for they year. Chloe Kerr is the most underrated center in the nation btw!!! Fight On

Yea, I might be a little hard on Brynn, but come on, a little protection goes a long way. "Foolish" is an understatement. Foolish is "cheated on a test" or "stayed out too late the night before a game" or "signed up for a credit card and didn't pay off the balance every month." She brought another human being into the world because of her negligence and lack of concern for anything (at that moment) other than getting fu**ed. Harsh, I know, but that's the reality. I expected more from her. She's intelligent and smart (and a hell of a player at that.)

As for the "injuries," I count 5 players out... Hughes, Dunham, LeNoir, Gemelos, and Cameron. Good thing they have 17 players on their roster!

They're doing well considering. But it would be so nice to see what Trakh can do with a full squad at some point.

shizanna

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay, more additions to the Morality Police squad.

I'm halfway convinced you're own of my aunts. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed, it would be interesting to see Gemelos develop alongside of Eshaya Murphy. And I'm sorry, but Hagiya is so overmatched at the point. I miss Camille Lenoir because of her speed and ability.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It amazes me that people don't realize that:

A. Birth control occassionally fails.

B. Two people create a child, not one.

caune

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
It amazes me that people don't realize that:

A. Birth control occassionally fails.

B. Two people create a child, not one.

Absolutely Matty!

And as long as that baby is loved and cared for, the circumstances of conception are irrelevant!

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I think she's a pretty lucky gal. Seems like he's a good guy and that he's genuinely interested in having a family. I wish them well.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why isn't anyone blaming their heterosexual lifestyle for this? You never see any homosexual couples having accidental pregnancies!

Smile

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Personally, I think she's a pretty lucky gal. Seems like he's a good guy and that he's genuinely interested in having a family. I wish them well.

Well, if you consider getting knocked up by someone she's not married to and probably will not be married to (at least last I heard), then she's a had a grand spurt of luck (so to speak.) Women in their 20s are always clamoring to be unwed mothers, especially when they have a full-ride scholarship to an elite university... and they don't have a job to support the child.

(I'm so amused when people try to defend unplanned, accidental pregnancies.)

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Agreed, it would be interesting to see Gemelos develop alongside of Eshaya Murphy. And I'm sorry, but Hagiya is so overmatched at the point. I miss Camille Lenoir because of her speed and ability.

What you say is true about Hagiya, unfortunately.

So how good is Gemelos?

And have you been to the Galen Center? It's so nice that USC finally has a decent gym to play in. UCLA has had a fantastic facility for years.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:

And I am appalled when people try to villainize a woman who has one. Perhaps we should still send those women away, while the men involved are lavished with praise.

Have you seen "The Magdalene Sisters"? Maybe it is time to bring back that type of "home."

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

And I am appalled when people try to villainize a woman who has one. Perhaps we should still send those women away, while the men involved are lavished with praise.

Have you seen "The Magdalene Sisters"? Maybe it is time to bring back that type of "home."

"Daddy" is just as guilty as mommy. But, unfortunately, daddy will not be caring for the child. As is so often the case, mom is left to pick up the pieces and her life is completely altered. Dad can just pay money (if that's all he wants) and he's off doing whatever he wants. Sad, but true.

Ultimately, it is the woman's responsibility. It's her body (whether we like it or not.)

I'm not saying Brynn is a villian... she was just stupid, selfish, and thinking only of her immediatly bodily pleasure. Immature, if you want to put it that way, as are many of those accidental mothers. Perhaps not the best candidates to be raising children.

shizanna

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:

As amused as I am when individuals try to force their beliefs down everyone else's throats...and don't realize how ignorant they sound.

PostPosted: 12/14/06 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:

I'm not saying Brynn is a villian... she was just stupid, selfish, and thinking only of her immediatly bodily pleasure. Immature, if you want to put it that way, as are many of those accidental mothers. Perhaps not the best candidates to be raising children.

*blinks*...*blinks again*

No. Words.

So, question for you...is it immature, selfish, and stupid of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has sex...whether or not an accidental pregnancy is the result? Jeebus..what is this, 1950? Every time someone has intercourse (men-women), a pregnancy can result unless dictated differently (biological/physical issues). Some married couples have 'accidental' pregnancies...are you going to say that they were stupid, selfish, and immature to be having sex while being married and that because an 'accidental' pregnancy resulted, they are therefore immature and not the best candidates for parenthood?

You, nor I, know the full situation...but from all accounts, Brynn is a caring individual (as is Matt, I suppose) who will raise their child properly. To make a blanket statement such as you did (Perhaps not the best candidates to be raising children) ticks me off.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/14/06 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

What you say is true about Hagiya, unfortunately.

So how good is Gemelos?

And have you been to the Galen Center? It's so nice that USC finally has a decent gym to play in. UCLA has had a fantastic facility for years.

How good is Gemelos? She's pretty much outplayed most of her counterparts in high school and was probably the no. 2 recruit behind Tina Charles.

Nope, haven't been to the Galen Center. Only been to pro games but thinking about going to a college game this season.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/14/06 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

Well, if you consider getting knocked up by someone she's not married to and probably will not be married to (at least last I heard), then she's a had a grand spurt of luck (so to speak.) Women in their 20s are always clamoring to be unwed mothers, especially when they have a full-ride scholarship to an elite university... and they don't have a job to support the child.

Quite frankly, your comments are really just wrong. I mean what is the point of your ranting and raving. She may have had an accident or it may have been planned. You don't know. You are not judge and jury. Their lives are their lives and nothing over which you should really care about.

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/14/06 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

*blinks*...*blinks again*

No. Words.

So, question for you...is it immature, selfish, and stupid of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has sex...whether or not an accidental pregnancy is the result? Jeebus..what is this, 1950? Every time someone has intercourse (men-women), a pregnancy can result unless dictated differently (biological/physical issues). Some married couples have 'accidental' pregnancies...are you going to say that they were stupid, selfish, and immature to be having sex while being married and that because an 'accidental' pregnancy resulted, they are therefore immature and not the best candidates for parenthood?

You, nor I, know the full situation...but from all accounts, Brynn is a caring individual (as is Matt, I suppose) who will raise their child properly. To make a blanket statement such as you did (Perhaps not the best candidates to be raising children) ticks me off.

Where did you get that every single person who has sex is immature, selfish, and stupid? Did you even read my post?

Please continue to try to defend unprotected sex if you like. You're not going to win that argument. She's lucky she didn't contract something more harmful than a child.

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/14/06 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
hooper1 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

Quite frankly, your comments are really just wrong. I mean what is the point of your ranting and raving. She may have had an accident or it may have been planned. You don't know. You are not judge and jury. Their lives are their lives and nothing over which you should really care about.

Since when is this board about anything other than people expressing opinions? You have yours, I have mine. No one said you had to agree with me. Let it go. Rolling Eyes

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 12/14/06 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:

Please continue to try to defend unprotected sex if you like. You're not going to win that argument. She's lucky she didn't contract something more harmful than a child.

Who said it was unprotected sex?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: