RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

California va Kansas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 12/10/06 4:24 pm    ::: California va Kansas Reply Reply with quote

38-34 Jayhawks at the half

Slac-10 power, baby!

PostPosted: 12/10/06 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bears pull it out 73-65

PostPosted: 12/10/06 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal is so overrated it ain't funny. They've played 1 ranked team (Vandy) and lost to them. They start off the Pac 10 at the LA schools, then at home vs. the Ariz schools and Stanford. My predicton is by Jan. 7, they will have at least 3 losses and be out of the top 25.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
Cal is so overrated it ain't funny. They've played 1 ranked team (Vandy) and lost to them. They start off the Pac 10 at the LA schools, then at home vs. the Ariz schools and Stanford. My predicton is by Jan. 7, they will have at least 3 losses and be out of the top 25.

They've played some decent non-conference. I think Joanne Boyle is just building their confidence. Remember last year, they beat USC, UCLA and Arizona State and played Stanford close in both losses. And they had a majority of freshmen starting. That's a big part of why they're ranked now.

But they will be tested in their conference for sure. I think their goal is to better their record from last year and make it back to the post-season.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 12/10/06 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal's non conf schedule includes

St. Mary’s
Pepperdine
Belmont
Vandy (lost by 12)
Harvard
Ark St
Fresno St
Kansas
Rhode Island

Call me when Cal plays and beats somebody

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/10/06 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:

You might get your "wish", depending on the severity of Gray-Lawson's injury.

Mathies to LA 2013
hoopfan24

PostPosted: 12/10/06 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:

You might get your "wish", depending on the severity of Gray-Lawson's injury.

I saw Cal play vs. Fresno St. Gray-Lawson looked fine. What's wrong with her? Imho, the strength of Cal's team is Walker and Hampton, not Lawson.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/10/06 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
I saw Cal play vs. Fresno St. Gray-Lawson looked fine. What's wrong with her? Imho, the strength of Cal's team is Walker and Hampton, not Lawson.

Heard she tweaked her knee in today's game. It might be the same knee that she injured this past summer. Hopefully it's nothing serious. If it is, Cal will lose a great deal of games until she gets back.

I agree that the two post players are more important in terms of production, but they need a scoring guard to take the heat off them. Nobody else on that team can fill that role. The bench isn't that deep as it is, even with G-L healthy.

Cal's schedule is pretty mild, but they've played like three NCAA hopefuls in Vandy, Pepperdine, and Fresno St. That's OK as long as they take care of business in-conference.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: