RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ohio State @ LSU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/07/06 10:18 pm    ::: Ohio State @ LSU Reply Reply with quote

So just how badly WILL LSU thump the Luckeyes?

tag3

PostPosted: 12/07/06 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BIGTEN, this is OT, but my Sooners are in the volleyball Sweet 16, too. Exciting times, huh?

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=717136

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/08/06 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tag3 wrote:
BIGTEN, this is OT, but my Sooners are in the volleyball Sweet 16, too. Exciting times, huh?

Five Big 10 volleyball teams are in the Sweet 16, but the conference got screwed with three of the five in the same regional.

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/08/06 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
tag3 wrote:

Five Big 10 volleyball teams are in the Sweet 16, but the conference got screwed with three of the five in the same regional.

I'm hoping the Boilers can pull off the upset over Penn State tonight. I can't stand the Nittany Lions.

PostPosted: 12/09/06 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since this has turned into something of a volleyball thread, here's the eulogy for my Sooners, who fell to mighty UCLA yesterday:

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=717712

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/09/06 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tag3 wrote:
Since this has turned into something of a volleyball thread, here's the eulogy for my Sooners, who fell to mighty UCLA yesterday:

Nana Meriweather(sp?) is really fun to watch. Great season for Sooner volleyball. Too bad it had to end quicker than they thought....

PostPosted: 12/09/06 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
tag3 wrote:

Nana Meriweather(sp?) is really fun to watch. Great season for Sooner volleyball. Too bad it had to end quicker than they thought....

I like learning about VB (I like watching it but know very little) but I also want to hear thoughts on OSU-LSU. Here's my prediction: if Fowles finishes the half with one foul, or without fouling, LSU wins easily. If Fowles finishes the half with three fouls, OSU wins. If Fowles finishes the half with two fouls, we'll have that great game Voepel has been predicting.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/09/06 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
tag3 wrote:

I like learning about VB (I like watching it but know very little) but I also want to hear thoughts on OSU-LSU. Here's my prediction: if Fowles finishes the half with one foul, or without fouling, LSU wins easily. If Fowles finishes the half with three fouls, OSU wins. If Fowles finishes the half with two fouls, we'll have that great game Voepel has been predicting.

Anyone knows who's reffing the game? It could have as much bearing on the outcome as anything else.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 12/09/06 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
tag3 wrote:

Anyone knows who's reffing the game? It could have as much bearing on the outcome as anything else.

Has anyone tried to keep track of whether some refs really do call more fouls, night in and night out, than others? (I bet someone has on the men's side: Pelton? Paul?)

I agree that the refs' mentalities could decide the outcome.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/09/06 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:

Has anyone tried to keep track of whether some refs really do call more fouls, night in and night out, than others? (I bet someone has on the men's side: Pelton? Paul?)

I agree that the refs' mentalities could decide the outcome.

To me, it's more about the way they call the game, it's not necessarily how many as opposed to what kind. Some refs tend to call any contact a foul, others tend to follow the no harm no foul, it seems like they all tend to let more contact go in the 2nd half that they do in the first half.

It just seems like a lot of refs(especially the high profile ones) come out of the gate looking for fouls and call a lot of contact fouls whether they have any bearing on what is going on or not. They just seem to take some players out of their rythmn and put the handcuffs on them.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/09/06 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's going to be so much closer than last year's game. Without a Seimone Augustus, who knows how well LSU will do, despite being at home.

I'm excited at the prospect of checking out how Pokey has rebuilt with some of her new freshmen.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 12/10/06 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
tag3 wrote:

fowels won't have 3 fouls at half because pokey takes you out with 2 and u stay out um i think lsu might do good but the TEAM needs to stay out of foul truble

CB

PostPosted: 12/10/06 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It just seems like a lot of refs(especially the high profile ones) come out of the gate looking for fouls and call a lot of contact fouls whether they have any bearing on what is going on or not. They just seem to take some players out of their rythmn and put the handcuffs on them.

Those are the worst, and why is it that every game, there seems to be at least one ref like that that the fans love to razz.

Geaux, Tigers!

PostPosted: 12/10/06 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

34-24 Lady Tigers at the half

PostPosted: 12/10/06 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU up by 21 with 11 to go.

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/10/06 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davenport on her 3rd foul with 11:29 to go. Yippee!

BBFan23

PostPosted: 12/10/06 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Live stats:

http://www.nmnathletics.com/sharedLiveStats/showFlashData.dbml?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=5200&DB_ACCOUNT_TYPE=USER&GAME_STAT_ID=10643&SPORT_ID=2167

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/10/06 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoskins on her 4th foul with 7:44 to go! Better and better. LSU: 63 OSU: 37. C'mon Pokey!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/10/06 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People severely underestimated how much the Ohio State lost. Allen, Wiburn and, especially, Murrill are very big losses.

BBFan23

PostPosted: 12/10/06 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is Merrill. Anyway... Foster underestimates how much the team has lost. He basically dissed Wilburn and Allen saying that Moeller is his first point guard at OSU.

Trebilcock made her debut today... was 2-9 from the field. The OSU stand around and look for Davenport offense just doesn't work against quick and physical teams.

Davenport got a double-double... but was clearly outplayed and out hustled by Fowles. Fowles backed her down while Davenport took shots from the elbows.

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/10/06 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, OSU's first test and they fold clumsier than wet paper. No surprise, but very sweet just the same. The only player in double digits was Davenport with 14 (and 3 fouls). Hoskins (4 fouls) and Packer were shut down with 9 and 5 respectively. Who will be next to win against the country's most overrated team???!!!???

bucks4now

PostPosted: 12/10/06 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again it amazes me how Big Ten fans cheer against the Big Ten. Purdue lost 2 games this week and I didn't see any "smack" from Buckeye fans on this board. The more the Big Ten loses outside of the league, the more it hurts your own team in the long run.

The embarrassment in Mackey Arena last March was not the fact that Ohio State lost, it was the fact that so many Purdue fans were cheering against them. OTOH, when Purdue rallied to beat UCLA, most Buckeye fans, include Donna Foster, (Jim's wife) whom I was sittng by, were standing and cheering for the Boilers.

What a shame sportsmanship isn't taught anymore. And people wonder why this is such a hateful country...

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 12/10/06 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that the problem you are encountering is that people don't generally have a whole lot of love for Ohio State University. Different people have different reasons, but I think it's safe to say that for most, OSU is not one of those schools you can't help but like. In fact, it's probably much more the opposite.

PostPosted: 12/10/06 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Again it amazes me how Big Ten fans cheer against the Big Ten. Purdue lost 2 games this week and I didn't see any "smack" from Buckeye fans on this board. The more the Big Ten loses outside of the league, the more it hurts your own team in the long run.

The embarrassment in Mackey Arena last March was not the fact that Ohio State lost, it was the fact that so many Purdue fans were cheering against them. OTOH, when Purdue rallied to beat UCLA, most Buckeye fans, include Donna Foster, (Jim's wife) whom I was sittng by, were standing and cheering for the Boilers.

What a shame sportsmanship isn't taught anymore. And people wonder why this is such a hateful country...

Your hyperbole is pretty amazing. I don't believe that my distaste for Ohio State is causing the country in general to be a hateful place. You're overboard on that one.

With that said, I stand by my moniker. I do love the Big Ten Conference and have for several decades. Does this mean that rivalries cannot exist? Of course not! I, personally, am sick of seeing Ohio State ranked where they are when they don't deserve it. I don't think I'm alone in this.

I think I'm like a lot of people: I will cheer against teams in my own conference during the season but come The Big Dance, I root, root , root for the conference.

The fact that I don't care for Ohio State doesn't make me a "bad sport".

bucks4now

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sports is a mirror into the real world so I stand my my comments.

Riverlies, abosutely! That's one of the things that makes sports great. But you have it half right. In league play, it's free game, pre and post league, cheer the league. The more wins the league and members have, make your team look better when they win against each other.

Let's use a current situation here. In football this year Michigan and Ohio State were undefeated when we played. People still had Michigan #2 after that game because those 2 teams (some believe) are still the best two teams in the country. In women's basketball this year, don't you think that if Ohio State and Purdue were both undefeated when they meet in January it would mean the winner would have had a better win and the league be overall stronger?

I'm sure it's hard for you to care about this old school thought process coming from Ohio, but reading this contest "crap" coming from league fans really lowers sportmanship.

Where do think young people learn there behaviors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: