RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How bad is Colorado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 12/08/06 2:20 am    ::: How bad is Colorado? Reply Reply with quote

http://fullertontitans.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/120806aab.html

Embarassed

Actually, if you have them on your schedule, I reckon one could see them as a good thing. At least I knew to turn off my radio with five minutes left in the first half.

How can a team that has been so awful the past two years continuously get worse?

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/08/06 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weren't they really, really good at least 5-6 years back?

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 12/08/06 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, wait a sec. Seventy-seven points with four players in double figures- two with twenty each- won the rebounding. Doesn't seem t so gawd awful. Plus, it was a road trip.

The box suggests to me that they are having a hard time learning how to play defense. Twenty-seven from the opposing center, eleven assists from the guard. A ton of shooting fouls. Something tells me they're having difficulty identifying the passing lanes. Turnovers were a problem.

I have a hunch there will be some games as pretty as this one was ugly.

PostPosted: 12/08/06 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Weren't they really, really good at least 5-6 years back?

Elite-Eight good back in 2002. Sweet-16 good in 2003.

Bill,

Sure, there is no shortage of individual talents on the Buffs. If that were the case I wouldn't currently feel like I have the worst hangover of my life despite not having had anything to drink but water and ginger ale last night.

As for your hunch - I reckon the assembled individual talents known as the Buffs might possibly come away with one more win this season.

Not that I've done my homework on Cal-State-Bakersfield - but it is a home game for the assembled individual talents, so the Pattycakers may be in for a fight from the AIT's.

Anyone know how many days it is until Summer?

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 12/08/06 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any theories on why we have an AIT, and not a t-e-a-m?

PostPosted: 12/08/06 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:

Well, I certainly don't think any of the players are to blame. JMac has always been a team-oriented player and I think Jazz, if anything, is trying too hard to be team-oriented.

So, we've eliminated the players from the blame.

I despise the "we're young" theory - especially when one hears it adnauseum over the course of three-consecutive seasons - as if CU has discovered what Ponce De Leon failed to find. This assembly of individual talents is no younger than the Maryland team that won a national championship game.

So ... hmmmm ... if it isn't the players' fault that they fail to perform as a unit ... Hmmm .. I dunno - could it be the fans' fault?

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 12/08/06 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KatValeska wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:

<snippage>

So ... hmmmm ... if it isn't the players' fault that they fail to perform as a unit ... Hmmm .. I dunno - could it be the fans' fault?

The fans. Of course. So obvious. So are the fans not relating to the players? Or are they relating in the wrong sort of way? Or are they too inexperienced for their season tickets?

PostPosted: 12/09/06 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the third consecutive season where the Buffs have struggled on defense. Regardless of the amount of individual talent they have the team won't win regularly until they play some much better on defense and they stay in the game mentally for forty minutes.

http://buffzone.com/news/2006/dec/08/cu-defense-falters-as-fullerton-rolls-to-win/

PostPosted: 12/09/06 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the news link unkiemark posted:

"Already without center Kara Richards for the rest of the season, the Buffs ..."

Huh? Either Shelton knows something nobody else knows or this was simply a mistake - my guess - based on today's article in the Camera is that it's the latter.

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2006/dec/09/womens-hoops/

"Center Kara Richards is out of action — probably until later this month"

I kinda find it annoying that Ringo writes that the assemblage tonight will feature four starting guards and that Skildum will get a start. That's nice Kyle, but since the assemblage includes six players that could be considered guards - how 'bout mentioning who the other three starting guards are going to be?

Not that it is gonna matter.

I am sick about Putnina being lost for at least four weeks. This kid, if she stays healthy, is going to be a superstar. Talk about a kid slipping under the radar - I can't believe we landed her and that our toughest competition for her came from KU, UNLV and TCU.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: