RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Texas A&M vs. Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 12/06/06 11:33 pm    ::: Texas A&M vs. Washington Reply Reply with quote

Huskies trying for the upset again.

Washington up 46-42 with 9:23 to go.

PostPosted: 12/06/06 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington with a 5-0 run. 51-42 Huskies!

PostPosted: 12/06/06 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wash by 7, 58-51, A&M's PG just fouled out!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/07/06 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

65-59 Washington over aTm. Decent win (not a particularly good win, since aTm was both on the road and short-handed) for the Huskies, who really needed something to go their way after that Kent State debachle.

Mathies to LA 2013
Sass

PostPosted: 12/07/06 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boo! Hiss! That sucks. What's up with A&M?

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/07/06 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:

Leading scorer/defender (Atunrase) is out for two months with a broken bone in her ankle. Washington never woud've won the game if Atunrase was available.

Mathies to LA 2013
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 12/07/06 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Sass wrote:

Leading scorer/defender (Atunrase) is out for two months with a broken bone in her ankle. Washington never woud've won the game if Atunrase was available.

I agree, but since when is she out for two months? I thought it was 4-6 weeks, starting a week ago. Washington tried hard against OSU, too-- just couldn't defend the Dav without fouling (not many teams can).

Sass

PostPosted: 12/07/06 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Sass wrote:

That makes much more sense.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
CB

PostPosted: 12/07/06 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Sass wrote:

That makes much more sense.

At least in one game with Atunrase, A&M didn't look that good. Could have been an off night, but they were pretty much behind the whole game versus Rice, yet not out of it. This was the game Atunrase went down about mid 2nd half.

PostPosted: 12/07/06 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Huskies outscored the Aggies 22-4 at the free-throw line. Texas A&M made only 4 of 14 free throws.

Whoa! 25 fouls called on A & M, 17 on the Huskies, a little home cooking perhaps, but still 4 for 14.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/07/06 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Sass wrote:

Yay for Washington!!!! Razz Razz Razz

You may question their creds, but the fact is they were extremely close to Ohio State away and OSU is better than A&M. Despite not having Atunrase, this still would have been a toss-up.

Looks like Washington is finally beginning to jell together. Good for their conference play. Bad for other Pac-10 teams as Washington went 12-2 last year at home.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/07/06 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
At least in one game with Atunrase, A&M didn't look that good. Could have been an off night, but they were pretty much behind the whole game versus Rice, yet not out of it. This was the game Atunrase went down about mid 2nd half.

Agreed. A&M lost even with Atunrase through most of that game. I think the Aggies are a bit overrated.

I still hope though, they give Oklahoma, Texas and Baylor a run for their money in the Big 12.[/quote]

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/07/06 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Yay for Washington!!!! Razz Razz Razz

You may question their creds, but the fact is they were extremely close to Ohio State away and OSU is better than A&M. Despite not having Atunrase, this still would have been a toss-up.

Most would disagree with what you said here. First, most people believe O$U is overrated. To me, they play to the level of their competition. The fact that O$U went to double-OT against a questionable Boston College team and was pushed by a not-so-good Washington team tells me that they're not a very focused team. Those games should've resulted in blowouts.

To suggest that the game would've been close even if Atunrase, aTm's best player BY FAR, is silly at best. The fact that aTm was able to keep the game close on the road is a bit eye-opening. I guarantee that had Atunrase played and Hicks not played, the game would've easily gone to the Aggies.

Washington hasn't done anything to prove that they're a good team. They got blown out by Marquette and Purdue (two good teams) and have a very bad loss to Kent State. Wins over teams like Eastern Washington don't mean jack.

Quote:
Looks like Washington is finally beginning to jell together. Good for their conference play. Bad for other Pac-10 teams as Washington went 12-2 last year at home.

Let's not forget that Washington just lost to Kent State (RPI 208), so I think it's a little too early to say that they're gelling. Plus, they can't play every game at home.

Mathies to LA 2013
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/07/06 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Most would disagree with what you said here. First, most people believe O$U is overrated. To me, they play to the level of their competition. The fact that O$U went to double-OT against a questionable Boston College team and was pushed by a not-so-good Washington team tells me that they're not a very focused team. Those games should've resulted in blowouts.

To suggest that the game would've been close even if Atunrase, aTm's best player BY FAR, is silly at best. The fact that aTm was able to keep the game close on the road is a bit eye-opening. I guarantee that had Atunrase played and Hicks not played, the game would've easily gone to the Aggies.

Washington hasn't done anything to prove that they're a good team. They got blown out by Marquette and Purdue (two good teams) and have a very bad loss to Kent State. Wins over teams like Eastern Washington don't mean jack.

That's fine if you disagree with me. No sweat. Do you speak for everyone, absolutely not.

OSU is overrated, but I think they're much more talented than A&M.

If Hicks was out, of course Washington would've lost.

The fact is a win, is a win, is a win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: