RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue/Notre Dame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/12/06 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Kelli wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Kelli wrote:

Purdidn't - at least 3 recruiting/player scandals (the LD/MJ era, KC/KM era, and don't forget Hurns' trials and tribulations).

I had hoped to stay out of this one, but I can't let this one go by. Purdue got rid of Lin Dunn, Machelle Joseph, Katrina Merriweather (and Cherelle George for good measure), and Shalicia Hurns. They help Curry out the door and on down to Texas. They disallowed DeeDee Jernigan from attending.

Every time Purdue has had an issue they have dealt with it swiftly and fully and still kept a level of success Notre Dame hasn't been able to maintain.

Every time there was an issue that became PUBLIC anyway. Would Purdue have acted if not for JR? Ever heard 'where there's smoke, there's fire'? And any school that isn't employing Bob Knight will take action in these cases. Nothing to be proud of here. If you want to be proud of something, get your team to stop breaking the rules, not matter how minor they seem to be.

Well, let's see. Considering how many times student athletes get caught with marijuana and not much happens to them, I don't think every university would handle it the same way.

Considering how many times assistant coaches have small violations (that the NCAA has not said were violations btw) they are reprimanded lightly, I don't think every university would handle it the same way.

Considering every time a university had an assistant coach have small violations (that the NCAA has not said were violations btw) and the head coach has not been moved along, I don't think every university would handle it the same way.

We all know Kristy Curry kicked your puppy, but your really are grasping at straws here.

Get your team to start winning more games, no matter how minor they may be. Maybe someday when you beat Purdue it won't be the high point of your season.

I never said that every university would handle it the same way that Purdue did.

You said all but two. I somehow doubt you were including Army in that as well.

Quote:
And any school that isn't employing Bob Knight will take action in these cases.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/12/06 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Kelli wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Kelli wrote:

Every time there was an issue that became PUBLIC anyway. Would Purdue have acted if not for JR? Ever heard 'where there's smoke, there's fire'? And any school that isn't employing Bob Knight will take action in these cases. Nothing to be proud of here. If you want to be proud of something, get your team to stop breaking the rules, not matter how minor they seem to be.

Well, let's see. Considering how many times student athletes get caught with marijuana and not much happens to them, I don't think every university would handle it the same way.

Considering how many times assistant coaches have small violations (that the NCAA has not said were violations btw) they are reprimanded lightly, I don't think every university would handle it the same way.

Considering every time a university had an assistant coach have small violations (that the NCAA has not said were violations btw) and the head coach has not been moved along, I don't think every university would handle it the same way.

I never said that every university would handle it the same way that Purdue did.

Quote:

PostPosted: 12/12/06 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Kelli wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Kelli wrote:

Quote:

Let me rephrase. I don't think every school that isn't Texas Tech and Indiana would handle in the same way.

And don't even pretend like you didn't know that was what I was saying.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/12/06 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

I just wanted to make sure that you knew what I said and didn't twist my words like so many Purdue people seem to like to do.

Now, I'm going to bed. I've slept less than three hours in the last 40, so I think that it's time to close my eyes and dream of sweet things. Very Happy

PostPosted: 12/12/06 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I just wanted to make sure that you knew what I said and didn't twist my words like so many Purdue people seem to like to do.

Now, I'm going to bed. I've slept less than three hours in the last 40, so I think that it's time to close my eyes and dream of sweet things. Very Happy

Have a good night sleep.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/13/06 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Kelli wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Have a good night sleep.

Happy to report that I did. Thank you Matty. Smile

PostPosted: 12/13/06 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Disclaimer: Kelli is in no way representative of Notre Dame fans. ANY of them.

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shizanna wrote:

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

Oh, Kelli's not so bad.......................I like some of the statements and standing up for what you believe and how you feel about things.

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
shizanna

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You've gotta read around more then, 00N...

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shizanna wrote:

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

I would like the same disclaimer for a few of the Purdue fans around here as well.

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shizanna wrote:
You've gotta read around more then, 00N...

Will do......

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/13/06 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
shizanna wrote:

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

I would like the same disclaimer for a few of the Purdue fans around here as well.

Duly noted, Mr. Saint.

boilerjay

PostPosted: 12/13/06 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I'd like that disclaimer, too. Some of these messages and threads are becoming embarrasing. Confused

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/13/06 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't worry. Rebkell (or whatever moderator) appears to be very good at deleting posts -- especially those potentially upsetting to PUmatty. It does seem, however, that kelli is experiencing carte blanche.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/14/06 11:44 am    ::: Ref Suspended??? Reply Reply with quote

Looking for info on the following claim in reference to the 2001 NC game:

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
Okey doke, as tiresome as this gets, let's recap:
1. Official suspended due to poor performance, including a controversial call giving Notre Lame the ball that helped turned a tide.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=22178&start=50

Thanks.

PostPosted: 12/14/06 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had my "fun" with Purdue earlier in this thread, but the importance this game has been way overblown by Notre Dame (aka Notre Dumb) fans. I don't see what's the big fuss. It's a game that took place in early December of 2006, not March of 2001. Purdue is, at the very LEAST, a Sweet 16/Elite 8 team this season while Notre Dame is headed to the WNIT barring a miracle run through the Big East. Beating a Top 10 team in early December is nice, but come back and talk to me after the Big East season is complete. When you're competitive with UConn, Marquette, DePaul, Louisville, Pitt, South Florida, and even Rutgers, West Virginia, and Seton Hall (yes, the team that beat you down last season), then you Notre Dame fans are free to crow. Until then, shut up and act like you've been here already. This isn't the first time you've beaten Purdue and it won't be the last.

Mathies to LA 2013
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I had my "fun" with Purdue earlier in this thread, but the importance this game has been way overblown by Notre Dame (aka Notre Dumb) fans. I don't see what's the big fuss. It's a game that took place in early December of 2006, not March of 2001. Purdue is, at the very LEAST, a Sweet 16/Elite 8 team this season while Notre Dame is headed to the WNIT barring a miracle run through the Big East. Beating a Top 10 team in early December is nice, but come back and talk to me after the Big East season is complete. When you're competitive with UConn, Marquette, DePaul, Louisville, Pitt, South Florida, and even Rutgers, West Virginia, and Seton Hall (yes, the team that beat you down last season), then you Notre Dame fans are free to crow. Until then, shut up and act like you've been here already. This isn't the first time you've beaten Purdue and it won't be the last.

wow, you don't hear this from me often, very well said bballfan! Wink

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:00 pm    ::: Re: Ref Suspended??? Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
Looking for info on the following claim in reference to the 2001 NC game:

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
Okey doke, as tiresome as this gets, let's recap:
1. Official suspended due to poor performance, including a controversial call giving Notre Lame the ball that helped turned a tide.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=22178&start=50

Thanks.

This statement is OFFICAL.????

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Thanks, dts. Somebody had to say something about it at some point. Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Calling us Notre Lame and Notre Dumb is so childish.........Not something I do when I refer to PU fans or for that matter any other.

Those terms just clarify for me what I have thought all along..... Rolling Eyes

shizanna

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
Calling us Notre Lame and Notre Dumb is so childish.........Not something I do when I refer to PU fans or for that matter any other.

I'm with 00N here. Why are people bitching at each other like a bunch of five year olds? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It's a game. Wins and losses happen. Grow up.

PostPosted: 12/14/06 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:

I admit it's "childish", but there's no real harm in it. I mean, it sounds so dumb that it's actually kinda funny.

Quote:

That nobody likes your overrated sports program? Yes, that's true. I can't stand Notre Dame football or Charlie Weis, and I don't like either of your basketball teams. Whew...what a load off my chest that was! Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:

I admit it's "childish", but there's no real harm in it. I mean, it sounds so dumb that it's actually kinda funny.

Quote:

That nobody likes your overrated sports program? Yes, that's true. I can't stand Notre Dame football or Charlie Weis, and I don't like either of your basketball teams. Whew...what a load off my chest that was! Laughing

Nope.....I've thought all along and now you have settled it, Just how immature,childish and uneducated PU fans truly are.

Whew....Now I just got a load off my chest. Wink

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:

Quote:

Nope.....I've thought all along and now you have settled it, Just how immature,childish and uneducated PU fans truly are.

Whew....Now I just got a load off my chest. Wink

Do you pay any attention to anything posted on this board? Bballfan ISN'T a Purdue fan.

I can't believe this just keeps going on.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Hmm. I have an Abby Waner avatar...and I'm a Purdue fan? Since when does Abby play for the Boilers?

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: