RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue/Notre Dame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Hmm. I have an Abby Waner avatar...and I'm a Purdue fan? Since when does Abby play for the Boilers?

Then there was your Sharnee Zoll-Dawn Staley avatar...and your Monarchs avatar. Didn't see a Purdue one.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/14/06 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Hmm. I have an Abby Waner avatar...and I'm a Purdue fan? Since when does Abby play for the Boilers?

Then there was your Sharnee Zoll-Dawn Staley avatar...and your Monarchs avatar. Didn't see a Purdue one.

no, no....Abby DRINKS Boilermakers.

golden33

PostPosted: 12/14/06 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. This thread sure has expanded since my last visit.

bballfan2005 wrote:
I had my "fun" with Purdue earlier in this thread, but the importance this game has been way overblown by Notre Dame (aka Notre Dumb) fans. I don't see what's the big fuss. It's a game that took place in early December of 2006, not March of 2001.

I don't think ND fans are blowing this out of proportion. It seems to me that it is the Purdue fans who can't handle the fact that this game turned out how it did. Personally, I am over this game and looking forward to the ones to come. I'm certainly not gloating because we won a game in Dec. against a good team.

Quote:
1. Official suspended due to poor performance, including a controversial call giving Notre Lame the ball that helped turned a tide.

I never heard of this either. And how about the call when the ball clearly bounced off the PU players foot, but all the refs were out of position so they called a jump ball? I don't even remember which team got possession, but clearly, it nearly cost ND the game. (I'm being sarcastic for those who don't realize it.)

Quote:
3. It's over, Notre Lame can look at their trophy surrounded by an insidious glow of controversy and, I guess, be proud of it.

The national championship trophy residing in Mackey Arena has no such black aura surrounding it. There were no controversial calls, no players staying in longer than they should have, etc. Purdue fans have a lot to be proud of with their championship. Notre Lame fans should realize how lucky their team got against Purdue.

Hmm, I've seen the trophy, and I didn't see an insidious glow of controversy around it. I think PU fans are the only ones who think of that. And as for the lucky part, ND was 2-0 against PU that season. The other game they won rather convincingly (albeit at ND). I think PU was lucky that they were as close as they were that game. ND played rather poorly, and still won.

So yes, I will continue to be very proud of the 2001 ND team.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/14/06 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:

bballfan2005 wrote:
I had my "fun" with Purdue earlier in this thread, but the importance this game has been way overblown by Notre Dame (aka Notre Dumb) fans. I don't see what's the big fuss. It's a game that took place in early December of 2006, not March of 2001.

I don't think ND fans are blowing this out of proportion. It seems to me that it is the Purdue fans who can't handle the fact that this game turned out how it did. Personally, I am over this game and looking forward to the ones to come. I'm certainly not gloating because we won a game in Dec. against a good team.

Thanks for saving me the trouble.

PostPosted: 12/14/06 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
golden33 wrote:

bballfan2005 wrote:

Thanks for saving me the trouble.

I'm gonna ditto.

Niele and Ruth were players of destiny that season. Ruth got it done in the end. To trash teams that win championships, and call it all luck is not cool in my eyes.

... and I'm a Duke fan first and foremost.

PostPosted: 12/15/06 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
Niele and Ruth were players of destiny that season. Ruth got it done in the end. To trash teams that win championships, and call it all luck is not cool in my eyes.

It probably helps to read the entire thread and not just the last page.

You'll have to take that "trashing of a NC" up with ILUVBIGTEN, as it was that poster who belittled Notre Dame's 2001 championship. National titles are difficult to win, so I don't downplay whomever wins one. Can't do that until your team gets one of its own.

Quote:

Guess I learn something new every day.

Mathies to LA 2013
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 12/15/06 2:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:

You'll have to take that "trashing of a NC" up with ILUVBIGTEN, as it was that poster who belittled Notre Dame's 2001 championship. National titles are difficult to win, so I don't downplay whomever wins one. Can't do that until your team gets one of its own.

Quote:

Guess I learn something new every day.

I admittedly and unabashedly am defensive about that 2001 title. That was the year I was turned on to women's college basketball. Well, slightly before that (Folkl and Ivey were the two main sources of my interest because my sister went to the same high school as Ivey and I am a volleyball player like Folkl). But regardless, I did in fact read the whole thread, I just didn't think about the whole thread when responding. I am still defensive about Ruth and Niele. Anyhow, I don't need to explain how I feel about that title any further I suppose.

I guess I like a lot of teams in WCBB a lot, but at the top of the list has been Duke ever since I saw Alana Beard play for the first time.

PostPosted: 12/15/06 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My question to the Domers is this: If you are so proud of that trophy which you won -- I mean had Sally and June give to you -- why do you have it hidden in an obscure corner of the Joyce?

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/15/06 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
My question to the Domers is this: If you are so proud of that trophy which you won -- I mean had Sally and June give to you -- why do you have it hidden in an obscure corner of the Joyce?

Because all the Football glory takes up 90% of the AWARDS HALL.

ND has always focused on the Football Teams and all their glory , they give very little to it's Basketball programs. This is very clear if you have every visited the Hammers Bookstore and witnessed for yourself the lack of Basketball related items that can be purchased.

ND has very little Womens Basketball related items and this was even so right after their NCAA Championship in 01.

Respect at ND is strongly for the Football program , not Basketball.

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Shocked Embarassed Mad Rolling Eyes

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/15/06 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no issues with the NC; and this from a UConn fan.

That said, it has long crossed the line to absurd and ridiculous how one regular season Nov/Dec game over Purdue has started the fans of a rather mediocre at best ND team crowing like they won another NC.

That's my beef. You are out of your golden dome if you think ND fans haven't totally blown this into a major victory in the storied tradition of ND basketball. Rolling Eyes

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/15/06 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I have no issues with the NC; and this from a UConn fan.

That said, it has long crossed the line to absurd and ridiculous how one regular season Nov/Dec game over Purdue has started the fans of a rather mediocre at best ND team crowing like they won another NC.

That's my beef. You are out of your golden dome if you think ND fans haven't totally blown this into a major victory in the storied tradition of ND basketball. Rolling Eyes

I don't think we have went as far as listing this as a major victory in the storied tradition of ND basketball but rather than just a victory by an unranked team knocking off a top 10 one.

Not any different celebration than if PU had knocked off power house UConn. , all teams celebrate a small amount of victory over a ranked team or an arch rival.

It's more of the Indiana rivals than anything else, it's in our blood.

I celebrate all my Indiana teams if they knock off a huge ranked team or one of those power house teams I so dislike....................... Wink

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/15/06 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, 00, maybe ONE fan has elevated this to historic proportions, just louder than all the others!

Kelli posted:

I did see it and all I can say is Purdidn't again!!!!!! (sorry Matty, you know that I had to do it )

ND was the more mature team on the floor, even when they had two or three freshmen on the floor at a time.

Well, that and the new unis that ND came out in.

Kelli Posted:
How are those grapes tasting? A little sour I'm guessing.

Kelli Posted:
In case you didn't see this, I'll repost it:

"We didn't practice well this week, and one thing you learn in coaching is that not everybody has the love and passion for the game that you had as a player," added Versyp.

((OUCH!!))

Looks like some tough times ahead for the Purdidn't Chokermakers.

BTW, during the broadcast of the ND men's game tonight, they just mentioned the ND women's big win last night. Just wanted yoi to know how far the humilation is reaching!!!!

Regarding the NC issues, that was brought up by Kelli and yourself, not the Purdue fans, as I re-read.

Also, there seems to be one or two equally loud Purdue fans, not the majority that perpetuate this crap.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/15/06 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Interesting. That's similar to what I was going to post to you instead of just thanking Golden33 for saving me the trouble.

I think that it you go back and (re)read the entire thread, you will see that ND fans are, for the most part, simply responding to a couple of Purdue fans comments. I know that all of mine are. In my response to Daniel (my first post in ths thread), I used "Purdidn't) in response to ILUVBIGTEN 's post saying "No congrats to Notre Lame from me. They didn't stop Purdue, the Boilermakers stumbled themselves.

bballfan2005 wrote:

PostPosted: 12/15/06 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Ok, 00, maybe ONE fan has elevated this to historic proportions, just louder than all the others!

Kelli posted:

I did see it and all I can say is Purdidn't again!!!!!! (sorry Matty, you know that I had to do it )

ND was the more mature team on the floor, even when they had two or three freshmen on the floor at a time.

Kelli Posted:

Kelli Posted:

"We didn't practice well this week, and one thing you learn in coaching is that not everybody has the love and passion for the game that you had as a player," added Versyp.

((OUCH!!))

BTW, during the broadcast of the ND men's game tonight, they just mentioned the ND women's big win last night. Just wanted yoi to know how far the humilation is reaching!!!!

Regarding the NC issues, that was brought up by Kelli and yourself, not the Purdue fans, as I re-read.

Also, there seems to be one or two equally loud Purdue fans, not the majority that perpetuate this crap.

I do love my Irish, but I'm thrilled as well for the great start that Ball State and IU have had so far this season.

My Christmas wish is great victories for all my Indiana teams.

My beloved Irish have a long ways to go for another great season as they had in 01, changes need to come about in the land of the Domers.

PU, this is one more chance at another great year and I wish you all the best.

Smile

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/15/06 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="dtsnms"]Ok, 00, maybe ONE fan has elevated this to historic proportions, just louder than all the others!

Kelli posted:

**As stated above, the "Purdidn't" was in response to ILUVBIGTEN's use of "Notre Lame".

Kelli Posted:

** Posted in response to ILUVBIGTEN'S "No congrats to Notre Lame from me. They didn't stop Purdue, the Boilermakers stumbled themselves."

Kelli Posted:

((OUCH!!))

** Posted in response to PurdueBBall3's "I'll chime in here. Where as my team stumbled against a team that sucks, your team just sucks. My team will rise through this. Your team will still just suck. The better team (my team) lost to the worse team (your team). Any given night, bucko. And your team still sucks."

** Actually, the FF stuff was begun by ILUVBIGTEN's signature, that has since been changed. If you missed or have forgotten it, it listed the number of FF's, Elite Eight's, and Sweet Sixteen's that Purdue had been to and the number that ND has been to.

PostPosted: 12/15/06 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:

I think pretty much everything is hidden in an obscure corner of the JACC. It's kinda a cruddy old building. Although relatively speaking, the trophy is not hidden at all. It just depends on what entrance you come in. It's the first thing you see once you come up the stairs if you enter through the student entrance.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/15/06 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:

June didn't ref that game.

PostPosted: 12/15/06 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thread from hell that never ends.

More than a few comments from both Purdue and Notre Dame fans that are embarrassing...I can't wait for this slow period of games to end.

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/15/06 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
shizanna wrote:
Disclaimer: Kelli is in no way representative of Notre Dame fans. ANY of them.

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

I would like the same disclaimer for a few of the Purdue fans around here as well.

DITTO

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/15/06 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I had my "fun" with Purdue earlier in this thread, but the importance this game has been way overblown by Notre Dame (aka Notre Dumb) fans. I don't see what's the big fuss. It's a game that took place in early December of 2006, not March of 2001. Purdue is, at the very LEAST, a Sweet 16/Elite 8 team this season while Notre Dame is headed to the WNIT barring a miracle run through the Big East. Beating a Top 10 team in early December is nice, but come back and talk to me after the Big East season is complete. When you're competitive with UConn, Marquette, DePaul, Louisville, Pitt, South Florida, and even Rutgers, West Virginia, and Seton Hall (yes, the team that beat you down last season), then you Notre Dame fans are free to crow. Until then, shut up and act like you've been here already. This isn't the first time you've beaten Purdue and it won't be the last.

HALLELUJAH AND AMEN. May this thread rest in peace.

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/16/06 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
shizanna wrote:

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

I would like the same disclaimer for a few of the Purdue fans around here as well.

DITTO

Ha! Right on, brother. I've held my tongue/fingers for awhile on this thread chock full of posters who can act like idiots (I'm including myself in that assessment), but please let this thread die. It's gone beyond the absurd.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/16/06 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PurdueBBall3 wrote:
ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
shizanna wrote:

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

DITTO

Ha! Right on, brother. I've held my tongue/fingers for awhile on this thread chock full of posters who can act like idiots (I'm including myself in that assessment), but please let this thread die. It's gone beyond the absurd.

My parting comment, too freaking funny that the two Purdue fans who have prolonged and anagonized everyone, who have caused all the trouble, and have acted like three year old assholes, are the two seeking a disclaimer for others.

My wish for the new year is the two of you crawl back under the rock you came from , disappear to the little Purdue and Big Ten hell you emerged from, and vanish forever from this board.

Have a merry freaking Christmas, and leave good PU fans like Matty, des, etc. alone. Don't include them in your little fraternity of hatred.

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/16/06 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
PurdueBBall3 wrote:
ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
shizanna wrote:

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

DITTO

My parting comment, too freaking funny that the two Purdue fans who have prolonged and anagonized everyone, who have caused all the trouble, and have acted like three year old assholes, are the two seeking a disclaimer for others.

My wish for the new year is the two of you crawl back under the rock you came from , disappear to the little Purdue and Big Ten hell you emerged from, and vanish forever from this board.

Have a merry freaking Christmas, and leave good PU fans like Matty, des, etc. alone. Don't include them in your little fraternity of hatred.

That's over the top, dt and an example of my aforementioned idiots. Peace, out.

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/16/06 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
PurdueBBall3 wrote:
ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
shizanna wrote:

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

DITTO

WAY over the top. And I celebrate Hanukkah, not everyone is a Christian outside your little world. And don't worry about Matty, he can take care of himself.

Ciao!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/16/06 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your pissing contests are amateur and nothing compared to the Admiral_Needa pissing contests of yester-year. Remember Admiral_Needa_Shag? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: