RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wow, IU beat Notre Dame at Notre Dame?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 12/03/06 8:50 pm    ::: Wow, IU beat Notre Dame at Notre Dame????? Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like IU is legit this year..........and here I thought IU was going to get smashed to bits in nearly every game this year given what they lost after last year.

I wonder if their attendance has increased from the about 50 or so per game they would get in years past.

PostPosted: 12/03/06 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I LOOOOVE IT!!!!!! Women's bball is the only IU sport I'll even half-heartedly support but kudos galore on beating Notre Lame!!

joetro

PostPosted: 12/03/06 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a big ND fan and a recent alum, but this is a tough season for them. They will be good next year and the next couple after that. Good freshman this year, good recruits coming in, and our best player will be back after injuries. ND will be on the bubble for the tourney.

IU is playing very well this year. Right now they are on track to make the tourney.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 12/03/06 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
I'm a big ND fan and a recent alum, but this is a tough season for them. They will be good next year and the next couple after that. Good freshman this year, good recruits coming in, and our best player will be back after injuries. ND will be on the bubble for the tourney.

IU is playing very well this year. Right now they are on track to make the tourney.

ND has struggled the past couple of years though haven't they? I still think they have far too much talent, even if they are 'down', to lose to a team with no history like IU, at home no less.

PostPosted: 12/03/06 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another point for parity, then? This is clearly a down year for ND, and a good year for IU. They played pretty well last year under Versep, but seem to be even better (with maybe less talent) under the new coach.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 12/03/06 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
Another point for parity, then? This is clearly a down year for ND, and a good year for IU. They played pretty well last year under Versep, but seem to be even better (with maybe less talent) under the new coach.

Actually, what the hell am I saying....IU beat Purdue at Purdue last year too!!!! hehe

PostPosted: 12/03/06 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:

What tourney, the WNIT? Right now they have lost to every decent team they have faced except Bowling Green and got blown out by a .500 Penn State team. Unless ND makes a big push in the Big East, I cannot see them going to the NCAA's unless they turn it around and beat someone. They will have 5 OOC losses, and a pretty low RPI going into conference play, so they will need to upset some people in conference IMO.

Michael

PostPosted: 12/03/06 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:

This is a down year for ND but finally someboby gives credit to Coach Jack and her players for building on from last year.

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
BallState1984

PostPosted: 12/04/06 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remeber what I said about the Hoosiers? I told you they were not going to revert back to Izard the Lizard's and Bennett's losing ways.

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 12/04/06 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:

I'm a huge ND fan as well and I hope that your prediction is correct in that ND will be a good team next season. I do however find it upsetting that after a NCAA Championship in 01 that ND has fallen so far down in their program and that we are once again looking at another year for a good season when this one has just started.

Crying or Very sad

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
joetro

PostPosted: 12/04/06 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They had a great recruiting class in 2002, but due to people leaving and injuries, only Jackie and Borton remained. Borton was more of a loss last year than people realized, as post play has been spotty since she left. They havent' really seemed able to capitalize on winning the NC as other teams ahve.

I also think that losing Adams to South Carolina, and Carol Owen have hurt. There is no longer any inside-outside combo like there was in 2001.

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/04/06 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
I also think that losing Adams to South Carolina, and Carol Owen have hurt.

Losing Kevin McGuff hurt a lot too.

With the minutes that Ashley, Melissa L. and Erica are getting this year (and playing well while they're in) makes me excited for next year. I'm not sure if Muffet will put them in the starting line-up this year, but they were on the floor at the end of the MI game and yesterday (except when Crystal came in during that one throw in). Biggest disappointment for me this year is Crystal's play.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/04/06 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame is a team I do not understand. They can go so high and be a completely dominant force in the Big East or just be a middling team. Muffit McGraw has been so inconsistent.

But it looks like Indiana is hoping to be a contender, which bodes well for the Big-10.

joetro

PostPosted: 12/04/06 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Erwin's career has been disappointing. She just didn't seem to develop as well as I thought she could.

I agree that the three freshmen are seeing a lot of playing time this year, which is good for the future. Muffet doesn't usually like to start freshmen.

I think MM has been quite consistent ... NCAA appearences, 20-win seasons and top 4 in BE (although broken last year), etc. The addition of the new teams from C-USA, although with improvements by St. Johns and Pitt, has really made the conference more challenging than in years past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: