RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Marissa Coleman Makes Maryland History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 12/02/06 10:27 pm    ::: Marissa Coleman Makes Maryland History Reply Reply with quote

Marissa Coleman recorded the first triple double in Maryland history tonight (15 points, 14 boards, 10 assists) as the Terps demolished UCSB, 105-44.

It was the best and most complete game Maryland has played all year. They dominated from the opening tip to the closing buzzer. It was fun to be there. Congrats to Marissa! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 12/02/06 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!! That's so tight, congrats to Marissa!!

PostPosted: 12/02/06 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey dwalkfan, see ya next Sunday! Very Happy

waterloosunset

PostPosted: 12/02/06 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That game was FANTASTIC to watch. I love this team!

And Marissa was just unstoppably amazing. Smile

ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/03/06 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

waterloosunset wrote:
That game was FANTASTIC to watch. I love this team!
And Marissa was just unstoppably amazing. Smile

Except for KT's bush-league mistake, it was a nearly perfect game. I was trying to remember if Coach B ever called a timeout...I can't remember one...can you? If she didn't, it's obvious why...there was practically nothing she could tell them that could help them play even better than they already were. That was great fun last night! ...and Marissa: WOW!!! Shocked

waterloosunset

PostPosted: 12/03/06 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're trying to recall, and we think you're right -- Brenda may not have ever called a time out. Cool!

I must've missed Kristi's bush-league mistake? I remember her getting the ball stolen -- did she do something to facilitate that?

I think this picture must be of the charge call against Marissa, but it's a fun photo anyway:

faucent3

PostPosted: 12/03/06 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can anyone explain why all the starters played so many minutes in such a blow out????

ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/03/06 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

remember in the first half when KT "saved" the ball from going out of bounds under the Gauchos' basket? her acrobatic effort succeeded only in throwing the ball directly into the hands of a UCSB player who then made an easy layup. never do that under the opponent's basket unless you are SURE you can get the ball to one of your own teammates!

...but she did hit THE SHOT...so I'll forgive her this one mistake. Wink

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 12/03/06 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

faucent3 wrote:
can anyone explain why all the starters played so many minutes in such a blow out????

In fact, not one starter played more than 29 minutes, and Harper, who led all scorers, only played 18 minutes. Right now, Maryland only has 9 active players. The last person off the bench, Aurelie Noirez, played 14 minutes, and the second to last, Christie Marrone, played 22.

I also think that now that it's December, Brenda is beginning to use more of what will be her ACC rotation.

dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 12/03/06 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
Hey dwalkfan, see ya next Sunday! Very Happy

man oh man... I cant wait!!

PostPosted: 12/03/06 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
remember in the first half when KT "saved" the ball from going out of bounds under the Gauchos' basket? her acrobatic effort succeeded only in throwing the ball directly into the hands of a UCSB player who then made an easy layup. never do that under the opponent's basket unless you are SURE you can get the ball to one of your own teammates!

Ah, I remember now -- my view of it was mercifully obscured, so it didn't stick in my mind at all.

On another topic -- I was really surprised to see how full UCSB's supporter section was, considering the team is from the other coast. They quieted down pretty fast in the face of Maryland's awesomeness (Very Happy), but there were quite a few of them. How can that many boosters afford to travel here? Or is there an unnaturally large number of transplants from Santa Barbara here that I wasn't aware of?

O.G.

PostPosted: 12/03/06 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very impressive game by Marissa. She is a playa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: