RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

USC @ Colorado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 12/02/06 8:31 pm    ::: USC @ Colorado Reply Reply with quote

Well ... Jasmina Ilic had her best game of the season with 22 points, four assists and five rebounds.

Jackie McFarland got her seventh double-double in eight game with 16 points and 11 boards.

Freshman Aija Putnina had 14 rebounds and eight points.

Eshaya Murphy of USC had 33 points ... and I'm now certain sports is stupid anyway.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/02/06 8:59 pm    ::: Re: USC @ Colorado Reply Reply with quote

KatValeska wrote:
Well ... Jasmina Ilic had her best game of the season with 22 points, four assists and five rebounds.

Jackie McFarland got her seventh double-double in eight game with 16 points and 11 boards.

Freshman Aija Putnina had 14 rebounds and eight points.

Eshaya Murphy of USC had 33 points ... and I'm now certain sports is stupid anyway.

And for those keeping score, USC 76 Colorado 57

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/02/06 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I loves me some Murphy Cool

PostPosted: 12/02/06 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for 'SC.

I'm glady Shay had such a big game.

And I see that Morghan Medlock scored 11 points. Nice.

unkiemark

PostPosted: 12/03/06 10:01 pm    ::: Re: USC @ Colorado Reply Reply with quote

KatValeska wrote:

I felt this game was a step back for the Buffs, not because they last, but because they were mentally not in the game for lang stretches. It was amazing how many times Murphy was not picked up in transition or recognized as the shooter.

Offensively it seemed Ilic didn't really get going until the Buffs were in trouble. The first ten minutes of the game the entire offense was MIA. It was amazing that the Buffs were only down by eight at the half. And it was distressing that they came out flat to begin the second half when they had a chance to make a game of it. USC scored five points in less than a minute to start the half and basically the game was over.

It seems that the only Buff who shows up every minutes she is on the floor is Jackie McFarland.

From the Boulder Daily Camera: http://www.buffzone.com/news/2006/dec/03/college-basketball-2/

PostPosted: 12/04/06 12:02 am    ::: Re: USC @ Colorado Reply Reply with quote

unkiemark wrote:
KatValeska wrote:

Offensively it seemed Ilic didn't really get going until the Buffs were in trouble. The first ten minutes of the game the entire offense was MIA. It was amazing that the Buffs were only down by eight at the half. And it was distressing that they came out flat to begin the second half when they had a chance to make a game of it. USC scored five points in less than a minute to start the half and basically the game was over.

It seems that the only Buff who shows up every minutes she is on the floor is Jackie McFarland.

I gotta disagree with you on several points Mark. First, I think Ilic has been busting it every minute just as hard as McFarland. And when the going gets tough, Jazz has the capacity to get mad and find a way to take it up even one more level - a level I've yet to see from any other Buff.

Actually, I'll go so far as to say that I believe this program as a whole is playing for next year and not this year. All except for Jazz who doesn't have a next year. I think you misread that she has that extra level of intensity she hits - a gear that NO other CU player has - that makes you think, well, why doesn't she play at that gear all the time - I don't think any player on any team can get in that space and stay there 40 minutes.

I'm tired of the Jazz bashing. She was far and away the best player on the court for CU on Saturday. I'm not gonna bash any of these kids - but in fairness mark - um, how solid was JMac's post defense against USC?

Anyway, I hate with a capital H this "we'll be good next year" attitude. For starters, it tells potential ticket buyers to wait at least a year. Worse - as the team's most talented player wll be gone - I'm not prepared to buy into the "next year" theory.

Next year they'll improve to ninth or eigth in the league, maybe. But forgive me if that plausible scenerio fails to excite me.

The way they've played the past two games I'll be stunned if they win a single game in the Big 12 this season. We've seen a few strong indiivdual performances this year. What we haven't seen once is a well-prepared, well-coached team - well - ok - USC was a well-prepared, well-coached team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: