RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stanford - Georgia - TV?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maroondevil

PostPosted: 11/30/06 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
SuziQ wrote:
I watched only a few minutes, but what I saw made me think the Cardinal may be vulnerable this year.

As a Stanford fan, I have to agree. Despite all the returning players, they don't seem to have found their identity on either end of the court yet. They've definitely got the talent, but we all know that only takes you so far. ASU plays well as a team - last year's team was much better than the sum of their parts. I could even see them sweeping the Cardinal if the latter doesn't improve significantly.

Basketball is a team sport for the most part. ASU has good chemistry, Stanford has a lot of talent. However, look how far Stanford made it last year. they will be tough at home though.

GO DEVILS!

pilight

PostPosted: 11/30/06 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If/When Stanford gets Gold-Onwude back they'll be fine.

PostPosted: 11/30/06 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree, plus a quote I heard following the Santa Clara win was very telling.

They mentioned how they had not faced such an aggressive defense before as they had against Tennessee. They wanted to try it out themselves against their opponent and while it is only Santa Clara, a thirty point win was the result.

I do want ASU to succeed though. I think they fell far short of expectations in the NCAA tourney last year. But they also faced a Utah squad that nearly beat the national champions so I give them some credit.

maroondevil

PostPosted: 12/01/06 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
I agree, plus a quote I heard following the Santa Clara win was very telling.

They mentioned how they had not faced such an aggressive defense before as they had against Tennessee. They wanted to try it out themselves against their opponent and while it is only Santa Clara, a thirty point win was the result.

I do want ASU to succeed though. I think they fell far short of expectations in the NCAA tourney last year. But they also faced a Utah squad that nearly beat the national champions so I give them some credit.

Utah must have graduated most of their players because this year they are not even close to last year's team.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 12/01/06 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If/When Stanford gets Gold-Onwude back they'll be fine.

I actually think we'll be fine in March even without Ros. They looked really good vs. Santa Clara (yes it was Santa Clara), but I am encouraged by our frosh, especially Appel and Harrison.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/01/06 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plus freshmen guards Murphy and Hone look like they have tons of potential.

RubberTroll

PostPosted: 12/01/06 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maroondevil wrote:
Utah must have graduated most of their players because this year they are not even close to last year's team.

Losing two players that go in the first round of the WNBA draft will do that to some teams. LSU was the only other team to have two player drafted first round last year.

# 7 pick Shona Thorburn,
#10 pick Kim Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: