RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kay Yow takes leave of absence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/22/06 10:56 pm    ::: Kay Yow takes leave of absence Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
But doctors recently found that the cancer was progressing. This week, Yow started a combination of chemotherapy and newer targeted biologic therapies, the release said.

What sad, sad news.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cbasketball/2060AP_BKW_NC_State_Yow.html

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/23/06 1:25 pm    ::: Re: Kay Yow takes leave of absence Reply Reply with quote

I spoke with Coach Yow when the US National Team met Australia at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium. We discussed our mutual condition of being breast cancer survivors and how important our faith is our lives. She signed the shirt I was wearing with her favorite bible verse and we parted with a hug as sisters in the struggle.

I know everyone's prayers (no matter your faith) will continue to keep her lifted up in her struggle to continue living strong with active breast cancer. She is an awesome role model in so many ways. No matter what the future has in store for Kay, she is a winner in all the ways that count.

I pray her doctors have found the medicine that will help her continue to live a long, strong life.

Peace to Kay and her loved ones,

~rAf

~rAf
ChiChi

PostPosted: 11/27/06 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I'm a little late (my internet has been gone for a few days), but I just want to comment on this. Kay Yow is a classy, wonderful woman. I've always been struck by how her former players respect and love her.

She's beat this disease back before... she has my thoughts and prayers.

umcp77

PostPosted: 11/27/06 2:13 pm    ::: My thoughts are with Kay... Reply Reply with quote

...I was sports editor of the Diamondback (U. of Maryland student newspaper) in the mid-'70s when the Maryland-N.C. State women's basketball rivalry began. Kay's teams were always worthy adversaries of the Terrapins, and win or lose, she was always a pleasure to interview.

Saturday, I saw Debbie Yow, Maryland's athletic director, at a Terp wrestling match a few hours before the Wake Forest football game and wished her sister well in her struggle.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: