RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big Ten teams games/news/views thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#4-MSU-4ever

PostPosted: 12/05/06 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For anyone in the Detroit area the MSU women are playing Hartford at The Palace on Sat. Dec. 9 at noon. This will be a great opportunity for some of you to see DeHaan in action without having to drive to E. Lansing.

DeHaan played a great game against South Florida. From my perspective in the stands (I have season tickets so I am ALWAYS in the stands), there were a lot of things she did in this game that didn't show up in the statline. She altered a LOT of shots, & always had her wings out in the passing lanes deflecting passes. A couple of times her pass deflections were key in turnovers that led to points on the other end toward the end of the game when SF was making a run. The last 2 min. her & Jefferson were key. The great thing about this game is it was the first time DeHaan had to face any height to speak of. SF had a freshman center who is 6'5 & several other players 6'1 or better.

Jefferson (off-season knee-surgery), while still not 100%, looks like she is getting her groove back. The last 2-3 games she has scored double digits & racked up several assists & key rebounds. She is such a fierce player I can't wait until she is totally healthy.

Davidson, unfortunately, has been delayed in returning. Coach P. revealed in an interview that she thinks Courtney tried to return too soon. She did not re-injure her achilles but the coach thought she was still playing tentative on it. She has pulled her from the line-up for now so she can concentrate on getting back in shape without the added pressure of having to perform on the court.

GO GREEN!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: