RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Portland trial is delayed to June.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 11/16/06 9:20 am    ::: Portland trial is delayed to June. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/sports/colleges/pennsylvania_state_university/16023640.htm

Quote:
A federal judge has set June 18 as the jury-selection date in the discrimination case against Penn State women's basketball coach Rene Portland.

The order, issued Nov. 1 by U.S. District Judge Christopher C. Conner, will delay the trial at least a month from its original schedule. The university and its athletic director, Tim Curley, also are defendants in the case.

A fact-discovery phase is scheduled to conclude by Jan. 31, with a pre-trial conference slated for June 4, according to Conner's order.

PSUAlum

PostPosted: 11/16/06 10:23 am    ::: I heard Reply Reply with quote

Before this article I heard that discovery was supposed to be finished at the end of this month but both sides were having trouble getting to all the depositions. I further heard that all players who have told similar stories of harassment/etc. related to sexual orientation are being deposed. Even those players that were around before Penn State added sexual orientation to the non discrimination clause. We'll see if that gets introduced at trial..... IF there is a trial.

shock6666

PostPosted: 11/16/06 11:45 am    ::: Re: I heard Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the update!

PSUAlum

PostPosted: 11/16/06 5:57 pm    ::: thanks Reply Reply with quote

for your updates as well. And thanks for organizing some protests. It is hard for me being a Penn State Alum yet disgusted by my alma mater in how they let a harassing coach continuing to be employed.

Orion

PostPosted: 11/16/06 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As another PSU alum, I hardily echo your sentiments. It disgusts me and it is downright embarrassing to me that my alma mater is as it is.

PostPosted: 11/16/06 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can only imagine how that must feel to be torn like you both are. It shows a lot of character though to continue to stand up for what you feel is right even when you feel that conflict. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: