RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rainbow flags wave at PSU basketball game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shock6666

PostPosted: 11/13/06 6:43 am    ::: Rainbow flags wave at PSU basketball game Reply Reply with quote

I was wondering (and hoping) if they would keep the pressure on this year:

"Student activists returned to the Bryce Jordan Center on Sunday as the Penn State women’s basketball team played its home opener."

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/15998855.htm

Here's another article:

"Swomley said while the demonstration was a continuation of the group's efforts in the spring, the tone was changed to be a more positive general showing of support for student athletes.
"This year we're focusing on the students because there's not much we can do about Rene Portland right now," she said."

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2006/11/11-13-06tdc/11-13-06dnews-07.asp

PSUAlum

PostPosted: 11/13/06 2:32 pm    ::: protests Reply Reply with quote

I think these protests are the beginning of a long season full of them. I have heard MSU and UM might be protesting. Minnesota had a very vocal and active protest last year. Look what Rene has brought on herself.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 11/13/06 2:51 pm    ::: Re: protests Reply Reply with quote

PSUAlum wrote:
I think these protests are the beginning of a long season full of them. I have heard MSU and UM might be protesting. Minnesota had a very vocal and active protest last year. Look what Rene has brought on herself.

I'm thinking about catching a Minny/PSU game just so I can join in the protest.. and, well, visit my friends in Minnesota....

PostPosted: 11/13/06 3:51 pm    ::: Re: protests Reply Reply with quote

PSUAlum wrote:

You heard correctly...I'm organizing things here at UM and am coordinating things with the folks at MSU. We've been getting the word out in bits and pieces but will be going full force soon. I'll post something here too.

ChiChi

PostPosted: 11/13/06 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So she tried to keep lesbians away, and instead she's going to spend the rest of her career surrounded by them constantly. Cool I enjoy that. She should have been fired, but "nice work", to the people organizing the protests.

Orion

PostPosted: 11/13/06 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe PSU is going to play Georgetown University. Wonder what that fine Jesuit institution will allow to happen. Anybody know how I might hook up with a student group to support them in protesting Rene?

PostPosted: 11/13/06 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, this is so tasty. Very Happy

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
PSUAlum

PostPosted: 11/14/06 11:27 am    ::: last year Reply Reply with quote

Last year when Penn State played AT George Mason (Northern VA area) the local alumni chapter had a pre-game happy hour and guess who showed up much to my suprise ..... Rene Portland.

This year, when Penn State is at Georgetown...... nothing formal. No Blue Band, no Rene, no rah rah speeches, etc.

BTW -- in the DC metro area we have a large and active (and fun) chapter. There are TONS of Penn Staters in the DC area.

I have no idea if Georgetown students will protest or not. I'm going to the game and do what I did at the Mason game last year. BOOO Rene and cheer on my beloved alma mater.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: