RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Candace Parker dunks in Chattanooga game. (score included
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://webpages.charter.net/woodro2/ladyvols/temp/CPDunk1106.wmv

Video of the dunk Smile .

Grumps

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Most of the posters on this thread are rational thinkers. Hats off to you guys. For those who "aren't impressed" with Parker's dunks, answer this for me. If Parker's dunks aren't impressive enough, which current WCBB player dunks better? Oh wait...

We have a player who is athletically gifted enough to provide WCBB fans with multiple dunks. WTF is so wrong with that?

they are all the same.. thats whats wrong with it.. the first 2 were impressive if she keeps on throwin down the weak ones no one is going to care.. plain and simple for me.

If she did a windmill 360 then she would be show boating...She can't win...

Grumps

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
bigbri131014 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Most of the posters on this thread are rational thinkers. Hats off to you guys. For those who "aren't impressed" with Parker's dunks, answer this for me. If Parker's dunks aren't impressive enough, which current WCBB player dunks better? Oh wait...

We have a player who is athletically gifted enough to provide WCBB fans with multiple dunks. WTF is so wrong with that?

they are all the same.. thats whats wrong with it.. the first 2 were impressive if she keeps on throwin down the weak ones no one is going to care.. plain and simple for me.

Grumps

i would be like DAYUMMM girl if she did .. dont assume you know what they say bout people who assume Wink

mercfan3

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
Grumps wrote:
bigbri131014 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Grumps

i would be like DAYUMMM girl if she did .. dont assume you know what they say bout people who assume Wink

I agree, there is only so many times that girl can do that same dunk on weak teams before it becomes a joke on the sports shows..

If she does it in a tight game, I'd say, you go girl...

However, I didn't know that she hadn't been able to do it in front of her home crowd, so that does put it in a different light.

Of course, I'll admit it right now, I don't like dunking. I don't like it when Candace dunks, I don't like it when Lisa dunk..I'll admit, the athleticism of Tweety impresses me, because she's so little..but that monster block against Birdy is more impressive than any Dunk she'll ever make....and if Tina Charles dunks...I won't like it then either..

Last edited by mercfan3 on 11/12/06 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No one thinks it's a joke if a men's player dunks on a bad team. It is simply a part of her game, like a lay-up or a jump shot.

gpark33

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
http://webpages.charter.net/woodro2/ladyvols/temp/CPDunk1106.wmv

Video of the dunk Smile .

Sweet, thanks for posting that!

maroondevil

PostPosted: 11/13/06 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Way to go Candace!!!

who is next??

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 11/13/06 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
No one thinks it's a joke if a men's player dunks on a bad team. It is simply a part of her game, like a lay-up or a jump shot.

But to me the difference is that the any player on a weak mens team can more than likely dunk too.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 11/13/06 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

But to me the difference is that the any player on a weak mens team can more than likely dunk too.

Wow, I guess someone should let Candace know she shouldn't dunk unless playing against a team in which someone on that team can dunk too. Rolling Eyes

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 11/13/06 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First, seeing is believing: Nice dunk. Second, I have never doubted Parker's ability to dunk; I have only meant to criticize those who were so anxious to glorify her that they latched on to her DIKO (dunk in name only) last year as emblematic of her prowess. Third, a dunk is still only two points. Get over it. Finally, every playground in America knows the unspoken rule that you don't dunk on an opponent who can't dunk on you.

PostPosted: 11/13/06 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

auntie wrote:
Even if she is a Lady Vol, she still is quite impressive. Does Tennessee play Oklahoma this year? I'd love to see the match up of the CP3s.

No, they don't play each other, auntie. I would love to see this match up as well and I'm surprised that ESPN didn't try to set it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: