RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Candace Parker dunks in Chattanooga game. (score included
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 11/12/06 4:30 pm    ::: Candace Parker dunks in Chattanooga game. (score included Reply Reply with quote

*spoilers*

Tennessee wins 102-72.

Tennessee was outrebounded Shocked . Then again, they did shoot 58% (33/57) from the field and 82% (27/33) from the FT line.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 11/12/06 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I'll ask the same question I asked over on ESPN: Was it a real dunk, or one of those stretchy things that never would have been mistaken for a dunk in the men's game, but we count it as such in wcbb because the Pundits have such a need to make wcbb like the men's game, and still other Pundits want so badly to crown Parker as the "Best Player" in wcbb?

PostPosted: 11/12/06 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That answer your question?

PostPosted: 11/12/06 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mathies to LA 2013
auntie

PostPosted: 11/12/06 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if she is a Lady Vol, she still is quite impressive. Does Tennessee play Oklahoma this year? I'd love to see the match up of the CP3s.

PostPosted: 11/12/06 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is just awesome!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Shocked

Atlanta: Please don't take Jamie Carey in the expansion draft!!!!
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 11/12/06 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like a nice dunk 2 me...Parker has gotten better @ everything...even her dunking...the womans game has changed so much...now dunking is happening more often...so whos nex??? Tina???Sylvia???

PostPosted: 11/12/06 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Looks like a nice dunk 2 me...Parker has gotten better @ everything...even her dunking...the womans game has changed so much...now dunking is happening more often...so whos nex??? Tina???Sylvia???

This is a little off topic, but I read that Lorin Dixon (she is going to Uconn next year) can almost dunk. She can touch the rim with both hands and she is only 5'4.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/husky/women/hc-ucwomen1111.artnov11232312,0,7523972.story

Atlanta: Please don't take Jamie Carey in the expansion draft!!!!
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 11/12/06 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
So I'll ask the same question I asked over on ESPN: Was it a real dunk, or one of those stretchy things that never would have been mistaken for a dunk in the men's game, but we count it as such in wcbb because the Pundits have such a need to make wcbb like the men's game, and still other Pundits want so badly to crown Parker as the "Best Player" in wcbb?

So was the baseline dunk last year not a "real" dunk either?

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 11/12/06 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorry but i am no longer impressed.. i was impressed when she did it in the NCAAs last season.. but now.. its the same "dunk" againest the same kinda weak teams.. til she does it againest a rank team and throws down a 2 hander then ill be impressed.. ok let the bashing begin.. OH and im not one of those becuz im a Uconn fan i hate CP3 i actually love her game so dont come at me like that.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 11/12/06 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the girl dunks when she has the opportunity no matter who it's against. Obviously tougher teams probably wouldn't allow her to be open on a break away. Plus, I'm sure she's smart enough with her past knee issues, not to try and force a dunk that isn't there just to "impress" someone. That would be stupid.

It's weird, some fans of the women's game were always wondering when the woman would enter the game that would dunk routinely. The closest the women's game has ever gotten to that person, and suddenly it ain't impressive.

For the record, I wouldn't care if she never dunked. However, until another player dunks or even attempts to dunk, three times in their career, Parker will be the greatest dunker ever, no matter how weak or "unimpressive" they may be.

(I'm waiting on Sylvia... where you at girl?)

SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 11/12/06 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, CP!

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
24duzitall

PostPosted: 11/12/06 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i am impressed whenever she dunks... because she can and she does. why does it matter who she dunks against?
i imagine we'll see her dunk plenty of times in many types of situations. i can't wait. i'll continue to be impressed.

PostPosted: 11/12/06 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafans10 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

This is a little off topic, but I read that Lorin Dixon (she is going to Uconn next year) can almost dunk. She can touch the rim with both hands and she is only 5'4.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/husky/women/hc-ucwomen1111.artnov11232312,0,7523972.story

That's a bit of a stretch.

She can clap and barely touch the rim given a head start.

The times I've seen her, she's never been able to pull herself up on the rim, but she has touched it.

Still impressive for someone her size...since 5'4 is generous...but I've never seen her "almost dunk" with a basketball.

Tina on the other hand...

PostPosted: 11/12/06 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love when she dunks as well...but I do want to see her do it against one of the SEC or ACC, etc. top teams. That will be the highlight of her career....LOL

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

comet_fan_97 wrote:
I love when she dunks as well...but I do want to see her do it against one of the SEC or ACC, etc. top teams. That will be the highlight of her career....LOL

Michelle Snow's dunks all came against major conference competition. Two of the three came against teams that made the Elite 8 of the NCAA tournament.

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like it when she dunks either.

For one, the dunk isn't that impressive, compared to a man's dunk...meaning that some of the WCBB skeptics or whatever you want to call them are going to laugh at it..

Second, she does it against weaker teams...when they are up by a lot...that's like rubbing the other team's noses in it..Candace Parker, Pat Summit, and the Tenn program is better than that.

Third, Candace Parker does not need to dunk against weak teams to look impressive. In fact, her dunk is the least impressive part of her game.

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First of all...the dunk came not even 3 minutes into the second half...it's not as if she wasn't going to be playing.

Second of all, all teams that play Tennessee know that Candace can dunk when given the opportunity...and sure enough, she was given the opportunity and took advantage of it.

Third of all...who cares who she dunks against? It is a dunk (or as close to one as we get in WCBB). If she feels confident in doing it, who cares if it's against Chattanooga or UNC?

Dang...Candace is good for the sport...not bad. Then again, whenever you are the best or one of the best, there will always be doubters & skeptics. That treatment been given to the greats in the past & now has been given to Candace.

In my mind, it's GO CANDACE Smile !!!

bullsky

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
In my mind, it's GO CANDACE Smile !!!

And that's coming from a UCONN fan.

Wink

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Throw it down, girl! Smile

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually for those complaining about who it was against, she mainly did it because no woman, Snow included, had ever dunked in Thompson-Bowling Arena. She had the chance to do it for the fans at home and she took it. I mean who's to say she'll ever get that opportunity again?

Quote:
Pat Summitt: "I knew by the time that she got to halfcourt that she was going to dunk. It's probably good for her to go ahead and get it over with. She wanted to dunk at home for the Lady Vol fans, and she took advantage of the opportunity."

Candace Parker: "Honestly, I thought about letting the ball go out of bounds, but when I looked and saw the open floor, I just decided to do it. The fans at Thompson-Boling have never seen a dunk at home. It was great. The fans' excitement and enthusiasm helped us out."

http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/111206aag.html

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stop comparing it to the way men dunk, then you won't have anything to worry about!

PostPosted: 11/12/06 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
Stop comparing it to the way men dunk, then you won't have anything to worry about!

right. do men get criticized for who they dunk against? not at all.

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of the posters on this thread are rational thinkers. Hats off to you guys. For those who "aren't impressed" with Parker's dunks, answer this for me. If Parker's dunks aren't impressive enough, which current WCBB player dunks better? Oh wait...

We have a player who is athletically gifted enough to provide WCBB fans with multiple dunks. WTF is so wrong with that?

Mathies to LA 2013
bigbri131014

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Most of the posters on this thread are rational thinkers. Hats off to you guys. For those who "aren't impressed" with Parker's dunks, answer this for me. If Parker's dunks aren't impressive enough, which current WCBB player dunks better? Oh wait...

We have a player who is athletically gifted enough to provide WCBB fans with multiple dunks. WTF is so wrong with that?

they are all the same.. thats whats wrong with it.. the first 2 were impressive if she keeps on throwin down the weak ones no one is going to care.. plain and simple for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: