RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oakland Michigan: Any info?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/07/06 11:55 am    ::: Oakland Michigan: Any info? Reply Reply with quote

Is this game vs. UConn worth getting tickets to?

RubberTroll

PostPosted: 11/07/06 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How can you pass up an opportunity to see UCONN lose to a team predicted to finish 6th in the Mid-Continent Conference? You'd have a story you'd never get tired of telling the grandkids. Smile

http://www.ougrizzlies.com/sport_default.asp?sportid=7

http://www.ougrizzlies.com/womenssports/basketball/prospectus.pdf

Two JC All-American transfers.

Lots of new players, who knows how they'll gel as a team.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/07/06 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RubberTroll wrote:
How can you pass up an opportunity to see UCONN lose to a team predicted to finish 6th in the Mid-Continent Conference? You'd have a story you'd never get tired of telling the grandkids. Smile

http://www.ougrizzlies.com/sport_default.asp?sportid=7

http://www.ougrizzlies.com/womenssports/basketball/prospectus.pdf

Two JC All-American transfers.

Lots of new players, who knows how they'll gel as a team.

You mean it'd replace that UConn game where what's her name the Aussie chick almost made that buzzer beater in Hartford, from what's it's school, the one Cam went to? I still can't say the shot went in to this day! Wink

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/07/06 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
You mean it'd replace that UConn game where what's her name the Aussie chick almost made that buzzer beater in Hartford, from what's it's school, the one Cam went to? I still can't say the shot went in to this day! Wink

Denying denial.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/07/06 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Denying denial.

I am not denying denial!

stever

PostPosted: 11/07/06 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oakland has UCONN on their schedule? Shocked I had no idea. They're an (over)ambitious program that would be much better off at Div. II.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 11/07/06 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Denying denial.

I am not denying denial!

Ten bucks says it was Jess Foley.

PostPosted: 11/07/06 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Oakland has UCONN on their schedule? Shocked I had no idea. They're an (over)ambitious program that would be much better off at Div. II.

They moved from DII to DI in 1999. The head coach, Beckie Francis, is married to the president of the University. She'd been the HC for 5 years then quit right before the beginning of 02-03 due to a medical condition. Eileen Shea-Hilliard, then a Michigan assistant coach, took over for three years. Eileen resigned for personal reasons just as Francis decided she was well enough to coach again in 05-06. Methinks there was a bit too much meddling by the president's wife for Eileen to stay....

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/07/06 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
stever wrote:

They moved from DII to DI in 1999. The head coach, Beckie Francis, is married to the president of the University. She'd been the HC for 5 years then quit right before the beginning of 02-03 due to a medical condition. Eileen Shea-Hilliard, then a Michigan assistant coach, took over for three years. Eileen resigned for personal reasons just as Francis decided she was well enough to coach again in 05-06. Methinks there was a bit too much meddling by the president's wife for Eileen to stay....

Oh - that all makes much more sense now. Oakland played at Marquette last season and I recall reading something about the former coach returning and something seemed a little odd about it at the time. Marquette is playing at Oakland this season and I think it's the homecoming game for the Michigan players on the roster - sr Danielle Kamm is from Saginaw, Soph Marissa Thrower and Frosh Janelle Harris went to the same high school in Detroit.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/07/06 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmm, me thinks that this would be a good one for popping some corn, saving the $80 and watching on TV.

Thanks all!

PS Jessica Who?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/08/06 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

PS Jessica Who?

Umm...sorry dts, I was 10 feet away from Jess when she shot that ball. I watched Lindsey pass her the ball, watched Jess release it, watched Ann Strother collide with Jess following the shot and....yes....I saw it go in the net. And...um...yes, that was me who called CamCrz from the HCC, screaming my fool head off.

And further, the UConn fan who got me that ticket in the 4th row, also called me after that shot went in. He knew exactly where I was sitting and knew I was right next to Jess when she shot it. He was quite proud of himself for getting me the up close experience of seeing the shot. Yet another example (in addition to you, dts) of a classy UConn fan.

~rAf

~rAf
shock6666

PostPosted: 11/08/06 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
stever wrote:

I went to a few games when Shea-Hilliard was coaching. From what I recall, she was really doing a lot of good things with her teams and the program was really on the rise. Too bad she's no longer there.....

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/08/06 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

PS Jessica Who?

Umm...sorry dts, I was 10 feet away from Jess when she shot that ball. I watched Lindsey pass her the ball, watched Jess release it, watched Ann Strother collide with Jess following the shot and....yes....I saw it go in the net. And...um...yes, that was me who called CamCrz from the HCC, screaming my fool head off.

And further, the UConn fan who got me that ticket in the 4th row, also called me after that shot went in. He knew exactly where I was sitting and knew I was right next to Jess when she shot it. He was quite proud of himself for getting me the up close experience of seeing the shot. Yet another example (in addition to you, dts) of a classy UConn fan.

~rAf

Thanks for the compliment! The Nike sales rep got the kid and I tickets....right in the middle of the Duke section. I'll never forget the kid starting to cry at the end because of the Duke fans celebrating. She also never forgave the owner of the Springfield Spirit, cause UConn was winning and he said "gotta run" and left....then Duke came back so it was his fault.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: