RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn vs. Team Concept~My Observations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 11/05/06 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mabell3368 wrote:
Why is it that anyone who disagrees with a UConn fan's rosy interpretation of a friggin' exhibition game is labelled a UConn basher? Y'all need to develop a little bit thicker skins! I found the initial analysis to be an interesting take on this year's Huskies, but full of bright shiny optimism that may or may not be justified. What say we let the season get underway and then let the real bashing begin?!

This is as rosy as I get Wink . It all goes downhill from here.

I agree re: criticism. It was an exhibition game and there will definitely be rough spots throughout the season. However, I can see why UConn fans would have a gripe about the game being called "fixed" and "just an all-star" game, because it wasn't. With the exception of the perennial ham by the name of Diana (She hustled occasionally Wink ), everyone fought hard in the game and Diana/Sue/Rita/etc. did try to win.

I'm not saying that anyone is going to be POY/AA or that UConn is going to win the NC/make the FF, however, I think that the potential is there. That's all I was trying to say...I know it was just an exhibition game against a post-play & defensively-mismatched opponent, but still, there were good things seen on Thursday night.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 11/05/06 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="BBallFanCT729"]
mabell3368 wrote:
Why is it that anyone who disagrees with a UConn fan's rosy interpretation of a friggin' exhibition game is labelled a UConn basher? Y'all need to develop a little bit thicker skins! I found the initial analysis to be an interesting take on this year's Huskies, but full of bright shiny optimism that may or may not be justified. What say we let the season get underway and then let the real bashing begin?!

just so long as you find the time to disagree with every other poster's "rosy interpretation of a friggin' exhibition game" you'll be fine.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: