RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The curse of the injury bug is back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopherfan

PostPosted: 11/01/06 8:20 am    ::: The curse of the injury bug is back Reply Reply with quote

Former St. Francis High School star Breanna Salley, a top recruit for the University of Minnesota women's basketball team, is expected to miss the first month of the season after suffering a left foot injury in Monday's practice.

Team trainer Moira Novak said Salley, a 5-foot-10 forward, will miss at least four to five weeks. Salley was a potential starter for tonight's exhibition opener against Winona State at Williams Arena. Brittany McCoy, a 5-10 freshman from Lincolnwood, Ill., will start at small forward.

Salley was on crutches during Tuesday's practice and wore a boot cast.

This is the second consecutive year Gophers coach Pam Borton has lost a key freshman at the start of the season because of an injury. Forward Ashley Ellis-Milan (knee) and guard Katie Ohm (foot) missed the 2005-06 season. Both were redshirted as freshmen last year, and both have participated in workouts this season and are expected to play tonight.

Read more
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15897615.htm

Want your bad romance

http://www.elyricsworld.com/bad_romance_lyrics_lady_gaga.html
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 11/01/06 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame Soph. standout and 2nd leading scorer from last season Lindsay Schrader out for season with ACL of Knee and now.........

Ashley Barlow-Highly talented Freshman for ND hurt during last nights victory over Lake Superior State (Exhibition Game).

11 Mins. of play-5 RBS, 7 PTS and 2 Steals.

Barlow ranked 24th in the nation by Full Court Press, MVP Indiana All-Stars vs. Kentucky.

Crying or Very sad I'm hoping for the best !!!!!

[/quote]Barlow's night ended early with 12:12 to play when she suffered a cut near her nose. There was bleeding, and tests were planned today to make sure there was not a fracture. She had seven points and five rebounds in 12 minutes.

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
miatamama

PostPosted: 11/01/06 2:55 pm    ::: And another Reply Reply with quote

Audrey Tabon, sr. with Illinois, reportedly suffered an ACL tear in the last couple days too.

There's way too many injuries. Scarey...

PostPosted: 11/01/06 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You've got Cait McMahon for Tennessee out with the knee for now...

PostPosted: 11/01/06 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bleargh!

At least it's a foot (for Salley) and not a knee. She could be back by December. (Remember McCarville's season-opening injury two years ago.)

gopherfan

PostPosted: 11/01/06 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's to bad or the other injuries, I guess your not alone. Having a player who has an acl tear always seem to be at a bad time.

Quote:
At least it's a foot (for Salley) and not a knee. She could be back by December. (Remember McCarville's season-opening injury two years ago.)

I'm glad it's her foot to, but I hope it isn’t stress fracture (like what Ohm had) because that took along time to heal. (not to mention it seem like it took forever to redshirt her) I know in the article say's this is only the 2nd consecutive year that we have lost a freshman in start of the year. But I think Davis should be added to that list to because remember she went out with mono 2 or 3 weeks at start of the season (if I'm correct) with mono and then became ineligible to play.

Want your bad romance

msuwmnhoops

PostPosted: 11/04/06 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Aitch, Michigan State sophmore out the rest of the season due to an ACL injury Crying or Very sad

stever

PostPosted: 11/04/06 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

msuwmnhoops wrote:
Lauren Aitch, Michigan State sophmore out the rest of the season due to an ACL injury Crying or Very sad

Damn!!! Did it happen in practice or vs. Grand Valley?

Is Jefferson close to 100% yet?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 11/04/06 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candice Wiggins is currently on crutches for what team physicians are calling a sprained left foot. She was scheduled for an MRI yesterday.

msuwmnhoops

PostPosted: 11/04/06 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
msuwmnhoops wrote:

Damn!!! Did it happen in practice or vs. Grand Valley?

Is Jefferson close to 100% yet?

Aitch was hurt in practice last week. Jefferson not quite 100% yet.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/04/06 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke's Brittany Mitch suffered a concussion.

bullsky

PostPosted: 11/04/06 2:54 pm    ::: Re: And another Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
Audrey Tabon, sr. with Illinois, reportedly suffered an ACL tear in the last couple days too.

There's way too many injuries. Scarey...

Yup. They are going to redshirt her.

That leaves Erin Wigley, the lone senior.

PostPosted: 11/04/06 4:53 pm    ::: Re: The curse of the injury bug is back Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
Former St. Francis High School star Breanna Salley, a top recruit for the University of Minnesota women's basketball team, is expected to miss the first month of the season after suffering a left foot injury in Monday's practice.

Team trainer Moira Novak said Salley, a 5-foot-10 forward, will miss at least four to five weeks. Salley was a potential starter for tonight's exhibition opener against Winona State at Williams Arena. Brittany McCoy, a 5-10 freshman from Lincolnwood, Ill., will start at small forward.

Salley was on crutches during Tuesday's practice and wore a boot cast.

This is the second consecutive year Gophers coach Pam Borton has lost a key freshman at the start of the season because of an injury. Forward Ashley Ellis-Milan (knee) and guard Katie Ohm (foot) missed the 2005-06 season. Both were redshirted as freshmen last year, and both have participated in workouts this season and are expected to play tonight.

Read more
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15897615.htm

This is a shame because they could use her reach on the boards when When Ellis-Milan and Harper get in foul trouble. They will.

Also, what's the story on Ashley's hand. She wore a pretty heavy bandage on her left hand.

I'm begining to think this team is much better than some think.

PostPosted: 11/04/06 8:20 pm    ::: Bad for Illinois Reply Reply with quote

I was actually looking forward to watching Audrey this year. She's a tough competitor who will be missed. I'm still going to watch the team though--no matter what. They'll be playing at NIU on Nov. 20th (right?) so it's close to home and a good chance to see how they'll adjust without Audrey. Go Illini!

PostPosted: 11/04/06 8:25 pm    ::: Re: Bad for Illinois Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
I was actually looking forward to watching Audrey this year. She's a tough competitor who will be missed. I'm still going to watch the team though--no matter what. They'll be playing at NIU on Nov. 20th (right?) so it's close to home and a good chance to see how they'll adjust without Audrey. Go Illini!

I will always rout for my Illini, but its so hard to. I love the team. I just hate Grentz. I think she ruins talent. She should be gone by now. Give Marsha Frese the job already!

But yeah, life with Audrey should be interesting. However, I think Jenna Smith is the real-deal and Bjork was stellar last night. I realized last night ,the Illini are BIG and YOUNG. What a lethal combination for Grentzto work with... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 11/04/06 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, what's the story on Ashley's hand. She wore a pretty heavy bandage on her left hand.

I don’t know, I haven't heard anything about Ashley hand. Hopefully it will be okay for tomorrow game.

Quote:
This is a shame because they could use her reach on the boards when When Ellis-Milan and Harper get in foul trouble.

Maybe they can get by with Korinne until Salley gets back to full health.

Want your bad romance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: