RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Harlem or Timber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopsfan13

PostPosted: 10/13/06 12:07 pm    ::: Harlem or Timber Reply Reply with quote

Did any of you see the Gazelles vs New Heights game. Chyna Crosby had some amazing passess I heard she put on a show up at Blue star the end of Sept. against Symone Roberts of Connecticut, Symone is considered one of the best guards in the 09 class nationally.It was cool watching her and Ceecee Dixon go at it. I wish Champagne Hazel was at Manhatten Center she would of been great for them although you don't hear much about her because people always raving about Doris and crew. I think she is becoming a terrific all around guard especially defensively and her and Ceecee has the most upside out of everybody in their class in NY along with Alicia Cropper. Chyna is clearly becoming one of the best up and coming guards I hope she stays with the Gauchos because she will get all the recognition need nationally.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 10/13/06 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw Chyna up at Elmcor back in August and she killed up there too. I didn't see the New Heights game though. I don't know what her classroom game is like, but Chyna's got recruiting war written all over her.
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 10/13/06 8:36 pm    ::: Re: Harlem or Timber Reply Reply with quote

There's a national-recruiting-war level player in Connecticut again? Cool. Tell us more, please. Those of us who (still) like UConn (still) want to see some in-state talent there again.

EDIT: I mean Symone Roberts, mentioned glancingly above, not Crosby.

hoopsfan13

PostPosted: 10/14/06 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Symone Roberts is a 5'5 guard that plays for New Britian HS in Connecticut. She plays aau for the CT Shamrocks. She is incredibly fast and is one of the best guards in her class. She was one of the few sophs name to Street and Smith All American HM this yr as a rising soph. I hear she is very high on Uconn and will love to attend there for college.She always tends to go to the rack because she can blow by people with her speed, she just needs to work on her perimeter game other than that she is an amazing talent.

timber

PostPosted: 10/17/06 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have had my spot on the Chyna Crosby bandwagon reserved for a while now.

PostPosted: 10/17/06 9:12 pm    ::: Re: Harlem or Timber Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
There's a national-recruiting-war level player in Connecticut again? Cool. Tell us more, please. Those of us who (still) like UConn (still) want to see some in-state talent there again.

EDIT: I mean Symone Roberts, mentioned glancingly above, not Crosby.

I live in Manchester (same conference as New Britain) and have seen Symone play...she's really good...especially considering she was a freshman last year. Her backcourt mate was Sharnise Beal, an NC State signee. Symone led the team in scoring. She has to work on her shot and her overall decision-making, but those can come with time, and if they do...she would be a great get for UConn from in-state. We only get those gems once in a while in CT. I'll check out some of her games this year to see how her game is now that Sharnise is in college.

Symone is a pretty good volleyball player as well. Another guard from CT who will get D-1 attention from 2009 is Rachel Roberts, a 5'8" G from Mercy HS. She was All-State First Team in both the Hartford Courant and the New Haven Register.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: